Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ratna ShailajaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am smoking from nearly 5 years and I smoke 6 cigarettes a day. Some times I get a cough and a mild chest pain. Is this because of smoking? Do I need to quit smoking? Please advise.
I am suffering from poor digestion of food. My body is unable to take nutrients from food. Its due to my poor take Care of body from 4 years. I have to work mentally as well as physically. But now how I improve my digestive system.
I am 33 and I am having frequent headache and stress of my business and my memory is also very low now I forget all the things very quickly please recommend that should I do.
Whenever I saw any couples I feel jealous I do not know why maybe coz I am single or may be I am virgin but I also know that I am not ready for any relationship what should I do it makes me depressed.
I feel very depressed sir, because I miss my best friend he close to others and he neglected me how to friendship with him I feel very sad so please give me correct answer please sir.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I love a person who younger than me we both love each other. He want to marry me but my family is not agree for this. I can not live without him. And he also. Kya shadi m age bahut matter krti h?
Hi I am 29 years old, working in IT field. Nowadays I feel mentally stressed due to work pressure and family issues. I am afraid to approach any issues both professionally and personally. I know that my negative thoughts make me more depressed Please give ideas to avoid depression and to take everything in positive note.
My father facing a breathing problem for past 3 years. He used to smoke from his child hood, hope for 20 years he is smoking. Now he stopped it. Since a chain smoker can't leave it he is taking half citrate per day. I need to know is there any diet regarding respiratory problem He is taking daily montelukast sodium and levocetirizine hydrochloride tablet. Company Montek Lc. Kindly suggest what could be done.
I keep on thinking about my ex and I just can't focus on anything else. I love her so much but then she dumped and left me. what should id o ?
How much alcohol can someone over 50 safely Drink, and does our tolerance change with aging? Please advise.
I unable to remember for long time. It is hard to remember something for me. Please help me what should I do? I try many ways but I didn't got satisfied result.
Unlike what you may think, anxiety is a common emotional response in a situation where we are worried about an outcome. It is, in fact, beneficial to us as it keeps us alert and charged for a reaction. Anxiety disorder, however, comes when you lose control over your reaction and let it take control of your life in a way that disables you from living a normal life.
The first thing to do as a positive step is to accept that you have a disorder. Mental health problems are as big as physical problems. Just like the body needs to be treated to cure a disease, the mind too can be treated to cure you of your problems. The next thing to do is to know what type of disorder you are suffering from to get specific treatment for it.
Connection between anxiety and depression:
Anxiety is not just incessant worrying. It is sometimes an obsessive compulsive disorder that can takeover your life or a terrifying phobia that can prevent you from doing things that are routine for others. Over a period of time, living with such a disorder can take an emotional toll leading to depression. Chance of developing depression in addition to anxiety is quite high. In fact, almost half of all people with major depression also suffer from severe and persistent anxiety. In many cases people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety are also victims of depression.
Symptoms of anxiety and depression disorder
Constant fear and worry
Loss of interest in normal life, hobbies and activities
Insomnia and fatigue with inability to relax
Feeling of sadness and worthlessness
Coping with anxiety and depression disorder
The first and most important thing to know is that both conditions are treatable and patients who get regular care, medication and support from friends and family can come back to living a normal life. Here are some of the treatments available:
1. Medication: Taking proper medication is very important as it acts quickly and is quite safe. Most people do not take medication, such as sleeping pills, fearing they might get addicted to them, which is a myth. Also, medications prescribed by your doctor are safe and specific that is why they have been prescribed.
2. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): It is used to first figure out what the cause behind the anxiety or depression. It is then used to teach people to manage their fears, anxieties, and depressive symptoms and also learn how to take control of their emotions. Another therapy used for treating depression is Emotive Behaviour therapy.
3. Lifestyle modification: In order to overcome, anxiety and depression, certain lifestyle changes are required, such as one should exercise daily at least for 30 minutes and eat a healthy diet.
4. Counselling: Counselling helps the person to overcome the oppressive thoughts and cope up with the feeling of worthlessness.
5. Group therapy: Knowing you are not alone with your pains and fears can often come as a big relief. Not only will the patient benefit from joining a local support group, the care giver will also learn how to cope with the developments of the disorder and how they can continue to provide care and support to their loved ones.