Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ratna KumariYour feedback matters!
I am 13 weeks pregnant and its the month of ramadan (Ramzan) So my question it that can I be fasting. And also please suggest me how to keep my baby healthy.
I had unprotected sex with a girl before 10 days. Of her menses, after unprotected sex with in 10 min she had ipill. On 17th may we had sex, her menstrual cycle was on 27th may. Upto now she didn't get her menses, what shall we do? Will she get pregnant?
I took an emergency contraceptive pill for the first time on the 10th april just half hour after the inter course. My actual date of periods is on the 21st april. When is it likely that I would get my periods this month
I'm suffering from delayed periods, it was delayed for 17 days from normal mensuration cycle, what medicine should I take to get my period and regularise my cycle.
I am 24 years old male. My gf is 20 yrs. We are in relationship since 2 yrs. We controlled ourselves from being far physically but now it's unbearable, how one must avoid pregnancy if got into physical. I want to also know about the particular phase when have intercourse without condom doesn't lead to pregnancy. I do not understand those science terms menstrual cycle etc please answer as ordinary person can understand. Also tell about i-pill and unwanted 72 tab or any other tablet which taken after unprotected sex will not lead to pregnancy.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert doctor.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurring vision: Both blurring vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
- Less movement of baby: Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
I and my partner had sex without safety And the sperm was not let in my body inside He let it fell outside And I am worried about if some amount may be into my body And I take a smart pill or emergency pill I still didn't get the periods after 2 days After taking the smart pill Do I have to take another pill or Give me any suggestions please help to clear my doubt.
I got intimated with my husband ,it was not sexually but close, there is a doubt of pregnancy what to do to prevent pregnancy? Does i pill work ?
I have faced stomach pain issue as I have irregular periods happen for one or two days in a month. Also hemoglobin is also very low about 8gm and I am currently taking thyroid tablet of 5 mg. I have high weight according to my height. Please suggest.
My fiancee suffers from severe abdominal pain during her periods. Is there any way apart from the pain killers to stop this pain ?
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex approx 20-25 days before. But her periods not started yet. More than 9 days are over than her usual date of periods. Please suggest some ayurvedic remedy to avoid pregnancy or any medicine to abort early pregnancy.
Hi sir. I am blessed with a baby girl in the month of june 2015 by cesarean section. Since then I did not have my MC(periods). What should I do?
My nipples do not trun sensitive . What might be the reason . It does not turn perky when stimulated .
Hi, We are trying since 8 months. My wife's last period was on 9th July. Now she is having little pain in left lower abdomen. Gas problem, laziness, lower back pain while walk. While I listen on her lower abdomen I hear continues bubbling sound. Last month also same phenomenon happened but not conceived. Also nipples are slightly bigger and she feel pain while touching it. If it is not conceive, then why those symptoms? Please help.
I am having pimple in ovary and it's growing and menstruation takes once continues till a month or not for many months and stomach pains.
My aunt is about 47 years old. Now she is just release from an open surgery of removing uterus which having fibroid of 5 month growth child wgt. She now felt pain on her lower abdomen. We want to rescue from the pain and also we need a good food menu for her health improvement.
Eating oily like ghee butter and milk in last trimester is not good for my baby pls tell . I am 7 month pregnant and my 8 will soon started .will it harden my uterus and pls tell is it not good for normal delivery .
What diet I can take after one month of c section. After delivery I hv a crAmp in my left side nd pain goes through hips to ankle doc give me medicine by no relief. having problem in sitting nd walking. Can I do massage or any exercise.
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder.
Some of them are:
1. Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders
2. Poor kidney function due to diabetes
3. Medications that lead to increased production of urine
4. Bladder abnormalities like tumors or stones
6. Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
1. Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
2. Awakening at night frequently to urinate
3. Urinating more than eight times a day
The risk of an overactive bladder gradually increases with age. Conditions, such as diabetes and an enlarged prostate results in the increased likelihood of an overactive bladder. People who have previously faced strokes and heart attacks experience cognitive decline, which often times lead to the development of an overactive bladder.
Urinary incontinence as well as a host of associated factors can be detrimental to your life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition.
Thus if you experience or entertain suspicion of an overactive bladder, you should consider visiting a general physician who might refer you to a specialist, if need be.