Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. RathorYour feedback matters!
My ear discharges some foul smelling yellow-coloured puss everyday. What could be the reason? Please suggest some medicines or precautions and help me.
I am 45 years old. When ever I go to sleep I feel a lump in my throat and immediately woke up. In addition to this my heart palpitates so rapid that I get sleep again after so long. I tried everything but couldn't find a permanent solution. My periods also coming irregular.
Hello. My wife had a throat pain and the ENT doctor has advised to take Ezact MR for 5 days (2 daily 1-0-1) with Ilatop for 2 weeks (0-0-1). But I noticed that Ezact MR is for arthritis related problems. Could you please advise me if it is ok to take Ezact Mr and Ilatop for throat bacteria or infection. Thank you.
I am facing a bleed from my nose and am sure it's not HEMORRHAGE. I never have suffered such a bleed and I don't know if it's temporary or will happen again. What tests should I have to undergo and go for provided I have no such a specialist in my near area. Shall I go for treatment if it's dangerous to a great extent or should wait and take some precautions, what; in case; any. It didn't pain at all; I even never knew till a drop of blood fell down. I hope I've provided all facts I know. Thanks in advance.
Some months ago, I got chicken pox and from that I got a hole in my nose. What should I do to get it curred? Please help me!
Hello Doctor My age is 32. I have minor cervical spondylitis. I am having cervical pain in my left side back neck and close to left side ear which radiates to left upper side shoulder also. I feel dizzy and light headed also My orthopedic Dr. had given me some muscle spasms medicines which did help for some time later he said he will give nerve compression medicine. I feel some nerve near my left ear is causing pain. I feel some nerve is pinched will nerve compression tablets help me to get rid of this pain. I feel better when I take hot water fermentation I am also doing some neck exercises. Its been more than 15 days now still the pain is there. Will nerve compression tablets give me relief Pls reply.
I have a nose bleeding problem since I was 10 years old whenever I do sneezing and whenever I eat dry fruits, my nose got blooded When I penetrate my finger much then also it happens suggest me useful I am keen to know your reply.
I have itching in my ear which reaches to my throat. Earlier it was only confined to night, now I have started facing this problem in the day to. What to do?
I am having pain on my left side in the throat. How should I cure it? It is pain while every swallowing of anything. It is paining for 3 days. Please give some cure for it.
I am suffering from continuous airy noise in my right ear since a year. In the beginning it was irregular, occurring for a few seconds then went away. But with time it started to happen 24×7. Allopathy doctors described it normal and diagnosed cold to be the cause. But comes possibility was ruled out in the x-ray. There are no hearing defects as I went through that test as well. Homeopathy doctor said there is an issue with the nerves. No great results. Can someone please give me a clue as to what it might be and what is the possible way out.
My name Shilpa, age 22 yrs, I have allergies like runny nose, sneezing, and itching, my doctor told it is nasal polyps. It must be operated. Am worried about it, Will it be painful? Can it come again after operation? And how much it will cost for operation?
Tonsil baar baar badh jate hain. Aavaj kabhi bhari to kabhi patli ho jati hai. Gala dard bhi hai. Koi upaye bataiye.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!