Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh M
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh MYour feedback matters!
How to use almond powder for face for fairness and for clearing pores pls give me right trick and how and when to use almond powder.
Moles are the most common form of physical identification proof, but are often unwanted. Moles and freckles are common skin irregularities that make a person consider cosmetic surgery. Moles can be described as non-cancerous skin lesions that develop when dark skin cells are bound together in small clusters. Almost everyone has one or more mole on their body. However, freckles are simply skin discolorations that appear on light skinned people. There are a number of ways in which moles and freckles can be removed.
- Dermabrasion: This is a procedure where a small wheel is run over your skin to remove the top layer. Dermabrasion is performed under anaesthesia and is a very effective way of removing freckles and flat moles.
- Laser Surgery: Laser surgery involves the use of concentrated beams of light to remove the topmost layer of skin. As this top layer is removed, freckles and light, flat moles are also destroyed thus leaving you with a clear complexion. In some cases, multiple sessions may be required to completely remove moles and freckles. Laser surgery is not recommended for large moles or moles that protrude out of the skin.
- Shave excision: This is a surgical procedure that involves cutting off the raised section of a mole with a sharp scalpel. It does not require any sutures, but may not remove the entire mole. This surgery is often suggested in cases where a mole had grown to protrude from the skin but the discolouration itself does not bother the person. There is a very low risk of scarring associated with this procedure but the mole may recur.
- Punch Excision: Small protruding moles can also be removed with a punch excision procedure. Here, a doctor will use a small cutting apparatus in the form of a small, cylindrical punch to twist and remove the entire mole. One of two sutures may be required to close the skin in this area.
- Surgical Excision: This procedure is suggested in cases of large moles. In such cases, the surgeon will remove the entire mole and close the skin with sutures. This procedure may leave a scar behind, but in most cases, this scar is not very prominent.
In rare cases, moles can be malignant and hence it is not recommended to try removing a mole at home. For this reason, you should always a consult a surgeon if a mole appears suddenly appears or begins to look suspicious.
My vagina is very dark I want to make it fair tell me some medicine to get rid of this. Or tell me some herbal powder that can help me.
I want to now whether I can make my face brighter because I have a wheat texture and I want to look fair and I wanted my career in modeling because of my dry and little dark texture I am not feeling confident to start my passion.
I've got plenty of experience with smelly armpits, unfortunately. It started since I was a teen, involving little sweating and excessive smell. Deodorants didn't work. I tried all kinds of them That my underarm smell even after showering Nothing worked for it I have been suffering from this smell problem from last 10 years since puberty What should I do doctor? I eat like all normal indian eat .And also I drink lot of water. It feels like my life is useless and I can not go anywhere and loses my confidence evrytime.
Hi Doctor, I had total thyroidectomy a month ago parathyroids were preserved, I am using 1000 mg of Calcium supplement with vitamin3, I started feeling something crawling under my skin on legs slight tightness on face what could be the reason? Do I need to get any blood test checked?
I am a girl 24 year old. I have more problem about dark circles how to remove dis fastly tel me sir.
Glutathione. Tablet brand name prescription for skin lightening Dr. James skin whitening tablet is benefited or not.
Acne is not a harmful or a dangerous condition, but is usually a cosmetic problem and may also sometimes be a symptom of underlying conditions.
So what kind of skin care regimen can you have in order to prevent acne? Read on to know more:
- Makeup: If your skin is acne prone, you can use non oily makeup or avoid it on a daily basis, if you can. Non oily makeup does not irritate the sebaceous glands, which can end up secreting excessive oil leading to acne breakouts. Non oily makeup and skincare products are known as non-comedogenic, which do not clog the pores. Also, you must remember to remove your applied makeup carefully before you go to bed, so that the pores are clean and get a chance to breathe rather than getting infected. Further, your old makeup needs to be thrown out regularly even if the products do not come with an expiry date. Invest in new makeup every few months and clean your brushes regularly too.
- Cleaning Acne Prone Areas: You must wash the acne prone areas with soap and warm water at least twice a day. If your case has been very severe in the past, you can even use a medicated soap to wash the neck, shoulders and back as sometimes, acne spreads to these areas as well. Concentrate on the face and remember to clean it to remove dust, grime and other irritants that come from pollution. If this is not done on a regular basis, the particles can block the pores and lead to infection where the dead skin cells play a major role.
- Sweat: After a particularly intense workout session or after a run, you must remember to wash you face and take a shower so that the sweat and oil is can be removed, as these lead to breakouts if they are allowed to gather on the skin's surface and enter the pores. Taking care of your skin with a proper cleaning and hydrating routine is as important is getting the right nutrition as well.
How to get white skin on face permanently? please give the cream name. Face wash and soap and foods to eat for glowing skin.
I have dark spots on my face. I am using spot removal cream for 8 months now. At start it helped a little but then spots got darken. What should I do?
The skin is the largest organ in the body and is one of the five sense organs, helping us with ‘touch.’ The first outer layer is called the epidermis and the underlying layer is called the dermis. The skin has a protein known as keratin, which protects it from various external toxins and infections.
In some people, due to unknown reasons, there could be pile up of this protein in the deeper layers, producing small bumps, which feel like sandpaper. Literally, the term keratosis pilaris (KP) refers to piling up of keratin pigment. It can block the hair follicle that would normally open into the skin. When there are multiple blocks in the same area, there could be a sandpaper-like rough feeling to the touch. This gives this condition other names including goosebumps, chicken skin or chicken bumps. Though it is a cosmetic issue, it is medically a benign and very common condition.
KP, as it is popularly known as, is believed to be a genetic disorder with faulty genes leading to excessive accumulation of keratin. These appear as red, small bumps that are usually seen on the hands, arms, thighs, buttocks, and rarely on the face. The surrounding skin may be inflamed if there is a buildup of skin under the pile of keratin.
The onset of KP is usually in the first decade of life, worsens during puberty, and reduces during adulthood. There are, however, instances where the onset happens during adulthood. Twins and people with atopic dermatitis are more likely to have KP.
KP is more common in people with dry skin as oily skin seems to offer some protection.
There are also studies that give it a correlation with weather, with winter seeing more of this condition than summer. This is because our skin tends to dry more in winter than in summer. There could be some people who are completely normal during the summer months but will develop these bumps during the winter, which again subsides with the season.
Signs and Symptoms
As noted above, KP is a medically benign condition. There is a cosmetic concern if it is in the visible areas like arms and hands. Also, the area could feel rough and dry, but the affected person may not experience any itching or other harm. People with atopic dermatitis and eczema are more likely to develop KP; hence these other skin conditions require proper management.
Patient education is the most important. This disease does not require any treatment and is usually self-limiting. It is very rare for KP to affect the whole body. Creams containing alpha hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, or vitamin A may be required to remove dead skin cells and to prevent clogged follicles from the bodies of the affected people.
Healthy skin is a sign of overall good health and vitality. Skin problem is one of the most persistent problems encountered by people. It is imperative therefore, that you take care of your skin to avoid skin disorders. Various factors, such as pollution, smoking, eating processed food and a sedentary lifestyle contribute to unhealthy skin.
There are certain habits, which can be followed by you on a regular basis to restore the health of your skin. Some of them are:
- Exercise regularly: Exercising on a regular basis improves your skin health as it increases blood circulation in the body. Consequently, it helps in delivering various nutrients to the skin, which in turn defers aging. Daily exercises also prevent the onset of various skin disorders.
- Keeping it clean: You should keep your skin clean to prevent the buildup of dirt. This prevents clogging of the pores and enables the skin to breathe.
- Intake of vitamin C in various forms: Vitamin C is used in the collagen production process by amino acids. One of the most convenient ways of maintaining the glow of your skin is to introduce fruits and vegetables which are rich in vitamin C.
- Quit smoking: The pursuit of healthy skin necessitates immediate disengagement with smoking. This fatal habit should be avoided at all cost, as it triggers and facilitates the aging process. It also aggravates the production of free radicals in the skin which in turn adversely affects the skin.
- Less exposure to the sun: Exposure to ultraviolet rays of the sun may damage the collagen structure of the skin. It also causes tanning and increases your chance of developing skin cancer.
- Avoid sweet food: Consumption of sweets may lead to the formation of various substances, which threaten to damage the collagen structure and subsequently aggravates the aging process.
- Antioxidants: Fruits and leafy vegetables are generally packed with antioxidants. A potential damage of the skin can be deterred by including them in the diet.
- Massage: Skin massages facilitate blood circulation on the skin and eradicates the damaging effect of the free radicals. This ensures that you have healthy and refreshed skin.
- Plant proteins: The level of oestrogen falls drastically in women after menopause, leading to the development of wrinkles.Foods, such as soy, nuts and beans minimise this effect by replenishing the level of oestrogen in the body and therefore must be incorporated in the diet.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!