Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
I had tympanyoplasty 6th type during 1986 on my right ear and 2nd type on left ear. My right ear is dead as i cannot ear anything. It was bleeding from puss since my birth in 1964. After surgery in 1986, bleeding has stopped but i am suffering from loss of hearing. Any latest surgery can help me in restoring loss of hearing in my right ear.
I have problem in my ears sometimes m cannot listen proper nd I feel very shy with in group how can I reduce my this ear problem and how can I listen any voice with normal volume.
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations
6. You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
There are many mind power music and binaural beats available in the internet to increase the concentration, Sleep and to reduce the anxiety. Hearing to this type of music, will it create mental & nervous problems in long turn? Does it really works for intended?
I am suffering from tinnitus, the cause of tinnitus is high level of noise. I am engineer, so at my company there is hammering on metal plate and once I was standing near to it. From that day my ear can not listen properly, and also 24 hours continuous noise hearing even I am in silence. Please help me to cure tinnitus.
I am hearing continuous whistling sound in my left year since one month. I have noticed that my hearing power is also reduced. I was getting some liquid like stuff from my left year. Can any one tell the solution for this situation. Thank you.
My female 9year old daughter has hearing problems. Doctor analysed said better to go for hearing machine, else problem may increase. Regards this I have two question 1. Is there any alternative like medicine or surgery avoid wearing machine 2. Is it true that problem increases if machine usage delayed?
A cochlear implant is beneficial if you are deaf or have difficulties in hearing. Cochlear implants are not hearing aids which just raise the volume of the different sounds you hear; they are surgically implanted inside your head. The implant transmits impulses straight to the auditory nerves which send the signals to the brain.
Cochlear implants can help you with sounds such as telephones, alarms or doorbells ringing. You can even understand speech or listen to music again with the help of cochlear implants.
How Cochlear Implants Work?
Cochlear implants are for adults and children with sensorineural (hearing loss caused by damage to the inner ear) hearing loss.
The device consists of two parts:
The receiver-stimulator: this part is surgically implanted under the skin.
The speech processor: this part is placed externally, behind the ear.
The receiver-stimulator is placed first, and two weeks after the procedure, the speech-processor is installed. If there are sounds around you, the microphone on the speech processor will pick them up and transform them into electrical impulses. The receiver-stimulator receives these impulses through the electrodes inside them. The electrodes then send the electrical impulses to stimulate the auditory nerves, and ultimately, the sounds picked up will reach the brain.
Advantages Of Cochlear Implants-
Some advantages of cochlear implants include:
Being able to hear at normal volumes.
Understanding speech without the need to lip-read.
Listening to and talking over the phone get easier.
Being able to hear music better after the surgery.
Picking up loud, medium and soft sounds.
Modulating your own voice gets better, so others understand you easily.
Disadvantages/Risks Associated With Cochlear Implants-
The risks of cochlear implants are common surgical after-effects such as infection, bleeding and anaesthetic side-effects. Some other complications include:
Alteration in sense of taste due to nerve injury.
Paralysis or weakness on the face due to nerve damage.
Tinnitus (Ringing in the ear).
Fluid leakage around the brain.
Device can be faulty or get infected.
Meningitis (An infection in the brain).
People Who Can Get Cochlear Implant-
You are eligible to get a cochlear implant if you have:
Profound to severe hearing loss.
Problems with the hearing aid.
A strong wish to improve your hearing.
Even children with severe hearing loss in both the ears can get a cochlear implant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ear-nose-throat-ent-specialist and ask a free question.