Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramana MacharlaYour feedback matters!
I m addicted of afeem. Which grow in rajsthan and M.P.I tried to leave this but unable always. I tried bupronorfin and tramadol and tapentadol from a Doctor consult. But loose motions always create a problem and sleepless. Help me to leave this poison and I have lever fatty problem very much.
I have pain in bladder in morning and something in occurring in gastric flow and urin with 6 month so now a take whole abdomen USG so get 8 mm prostate cyst now what we should do.
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect.