Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramana Bai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ramana BaiYour feedback matters!
Im married 7 months back I have an irregular period if I participate in sex with my husband for the first tym will I bleed heavily?
ADHD i.e. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a mental disorder that is commonly characterised by attention problems, excessive activity or difficulty in controlling one’s inappropriate behaviour, given his/her age. If ADHD occurs in an adult, the person might face significant issues in maintaining a job, managing time or being in a relationship.
In spite of being the most regularly studied and analysed mental issue in kids and teenagers, the cause, in most of the cases, remains unknown. The symptoms of ADHD might develop as one gets old. Apart from the common symptoms, the person might show signs typical to ADHD such as hyperactivity, inattention, impulsivity and disruptive behaviour as well as relationships and academic difficulties. The symptoms of ADHD need to last for about six months to be diagnosed as a disorder.
The typical management methods of ADHD include counselling or medicines, either used separately or in combination.
- Behavioural Therapies: Some of the psychological therapies used are:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): Focuses on changing the thinking patterns of a person that ultimately alters the way he/she generally feels
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy: IPT is a focused form of psychotherapy that involves symptomatic recovery and resolving interpersonal problems.
- Social Skills Training
- Family Therapy: Focuses on providing therapy to the individual as well as the family
- School-Based Interventions
- Parent Management Training
- Medication: Stimulant medications are the more preferred forms of medications for ADHD. They have short-term effects on the symptoms of ADHD. One such example is that of Methylphenidate. Non stimulant medicines are administered for people who indulge in compulsive or recreational stimulant use. Examples include atomoxetine, guanfacine, bupropion and clonidine. Although these medications are usually safe, over dosage can cause side-effects and contraindications.
- Diet: Modification in diet can prove beneficial for children suffering from ADHD. The benefits are usually confined to children having food sensitivities or those who are being medicated using ADHD medicines simultaneously.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
She is pregnant 4 month 15 days. Placenta previa is detected during 3rd month in ultra sound report. Every thing is normal, but since previous 5 days she is feeling vigorous pain in right lateral side in back region. Doctor advised for ultra sound of whole abdomen and report is PHYSIOLOGICAL PRESSURE on right kidney. What should be done with her to subside the unbearable Pain?
Mint, scientifically known as ‘mentha’, is a herb with small green leaves and a characteristic strong odour. It is also a virtual cure-all plant. Try using mint by adding it to your meals, oral care and skin care regimen to remain healthy and fresh forever. A few prominent mint health benefits include the following:
Digestion aid: Try mint leaves if you are not feeling hungry. It is a great appetizer as well as a promoter of digestion. It soothes your stomach when you’re suffering from inflammation or indigestion. So, next time you have a stomach upset, go for mint tea or mint oil. Mint’s characteristic aroma acts as an appetizer. It stimulates the salivary glands and other digestive glands to produce saliva and digestive juices, thereby facilitating digestion.
Nausea and headache: Mint leaves, especially freshly crushed leaves, help staunch nausea and headache, thanks to the strong and refreshing aroma. Menthol oil or mint-flavoured products are very useful for alleviating nausea. Similarly, balms with a mint base or mint oil can be rubbed on your forehead and nose to give quick relief from headache. Mint tea oil derived from mint is also very effective in treating nausea and motion sickness while travelling.
Respiratory disorders: The strong minty aroma is very effective in clearing up congestion of the nose, throat, bronchi and lungs. This makes mint a very effective remedy for asthma and common cold. The herb is also a good remedy for cough. This is because mint has a cooling and soothing effect on the throat, nose and other respiratory channels, and this helps relieve the irritation, which causes chronic coughing. Regular use of mint in any form is very beneficial for asthma patients as well, because it is a good relaxant and it relieves congestion that blocks respiratory channels, causing symptoms of asthma.
Depression and fatigue reliever: As mint is a natural stimulant, it can help relieve fatigue and feelings of sadness. Mint essential oil is very good if you are feeling anxious, sad, depressed, low or just plain sluggish. Mint oil can be ingested, applied as a salve topically, or inhaled as a vapour to help with fatigue and depression.
Oral health: Mint has germicidal qualities and can quickly freshen up your breath. It also gets eradicates harmful oral bacteria inside your mouth, alleviating oral health. The mint leaves can be rubbed directly on your tongue, teeth and gums to clean and refresh your mouth. You can also get the benefits of mint by simply chewing on its leaves.
Mint’s anti-pruritic properties can be used for treating insect bites, mosquito bites, stings by honeybees etc. With its cooling property, mint will relieve you of the irritation of stings and bring the swelling down. Also, women can use mint oil to relieve cracks and pain in nipples which occur during breastfeeding.
My risk exposure was oral sex roughly (sucking vagina) On 34 day simple antibody test in Dr. lal lab - neg. After 6 weak four hiv combo test. 63 day - non reactive 0.05 86 day- non reactive 0.06 126 day- non reactive 0.11 all test done in Dr. lal path lab CMIA Combo (p24 ag+ ab) I saw some ghamouri type rashes on my back on 140 days some red ness. Q.1. Am I 100% free from hiv or I need more test. Q.2. Sample gave on collection center in Dr. lal lab they send it to main lab result next day. Can this transport may alter result Q.3.Are rashes any type of hiv symptom Q4. Is test and this qualified enough to accurate result? Conclude my status specifically is 100% clear or not?
Hello mere last 5-6 months se periods sirf ek din k liye aarhe h left breast bhi pain krti h aur aerola suza hua h left breast ka .kya inse estrogen ka level bad jata h kya. Aur kya inse breast cancer ka risk increase hota h kya .meine ultrasound bhi krwaya tha report normal h.
Hi Sir, I am 25 years old woman, I have taken I pill on 14 july and now my periods ends on 2 August and again I need take I pill today (6 August). So can I take it? Or is there any major risks to take it within a month? What are the side effects of taking I pill within a month?
Hi doctor I am 22 yaer old I am 5 month pregnant every month mera weight kum ho rha hai pls wight gain karne ke liye kon sa food use kru.
Curd and buttermilk are both milk-based products, have the same composition, and more or less the same nutrients, yet there remains a persistent question as to which out of the two is better? Just by adding water to the curd can change it into buttermilk, but will it also change the properties of the curd? The answer is yes.
Let's find out how it happens. The basic difference between curd and buttermilk is the process of dilution by the addition of water. The more water you put in curd, the less concentrated the buttermilk becomes. According to Ayurveda, the churning (Manthana) of the curd into buttermilk, gives it additional properties. The churning process breaks the proteins present in the curd and makes it easy to digest.
Here are a few pointers that could help you choose which out of the two is more suitable for you.
- Calorie content - If you are looking forward to reduce your weight and prefer a controlled diet, you should opt for buttermilk. 100 grams of buttermilk contains 40 calories, whereas, 100 grams of curd contains close to 98 calories. Undernourished children or people who want to gain weight, should opt for curd because it is dense in nutrients.
- Nutritional content - Buttermilk is rich in calcium, vitamin B12, zinc, riboflavin (vitamin B2) and proteins. It helps in keeping your bones healthy, lowering the level of bad cholesterol, preventing cancer, battling stress and anemia due to the presence of these nutrients. On the other hand, curd contains calcium, phosphorus, vitamins B12, B5, B2, potassium, proteins, and molybdenum. These nutrients prove to be beneficial in preventing the chance of hypertension and heart diseases, promoting teeth and bone health and reducing stress and anxiety.
- Fluid content - Buttermilk has significant fluid content, so it can be consumed in extremely hot weather conditions to curb dehydration and is an ideal replacement for aerated and sugary drinks. On the contrary, curd has limited fluid content, which makes it suitable for people who have been instructed to adhere to a fluid-restricted diet but are required to consume proteins in good quantity.
- Probiotics content - Both curd and buttermilk are rich in probiotics or good bacteria, which help in strengthening your immune system.
Buttermilk is always advisable for patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome and weak digestion etc. Remember to make either of the two a part of your regular diet! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!