Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ramakrishna GampaYour feedback matters!
There is too much pain in my eyes from few days even though I wear spectacles. What remedy is available.
I'm a driver. I do night journeys always. When I try to sleep at morning times I'll get tears in eyes, and from then I'll not get proper sleep. And I get light headache also. Pls suggest me treatment. And what precautions I can take.
I have a desk job so while working tears come from my eyes continually and pains a lot so what to do.
Oculoplastics, or oculoplastic surgery, incorporates a wide assortment of surgical strategies that fix arrangement with the orbit (eye attachment), eyelids, tear channels, and the face. It, likewise, manages the remaking of the eye and related structures.
Oculoplastic surgery is carried out by an Oculoplastic surgeon. He should be an expert ophthalmologist who has embraced further expertise in plastic surgery. Your oculoplastic surgeon's essential focus is the well being and security of your eyes.
There are several procedures or types of oculoplastic surgery. They are enlisted below.
- Eyelid surgery: Blepharoplasty is the most well-known sort of eyelid surgery. It is done through entry points along the lines of your eyelids. The specialist makes the entry point and after that isolates the skin from the hidden tissue to evacuate the abundant fat, skin, and muscle. Sutures are then set in the upper eyelids to close the entry points. The lower covers may not require sutures, contingent on the method utilized. The methodology, for the most part, takes around two hours if both upper and lower eyelids are done together.
- Tear duct surgery: This surgery is also called dacryocystorhinostomy. For carrying out a tear duct surgery or dacryocystorhinostomy, your surgeon will make a little entry point through the nose or through the skin within a corner of your eye and your nose. Another tear drain opening is made from the blocked sac specifically into the nose. A stent might be left in the new tear drain incidentally to keep the pipe open. At times, the obstacle stays blocked and a perpetual manufactured drain is set behind the edge of the eyelids.
- Orbital surgery: There is a wide range of sorts of orbital surgeries, and the surgical methodology that will be picked for your situation relies upon the area, size, and degree of infection present. In a few cases, just a little skin entry point is required without the trouble of incisions. In others, vast entry points are required and unmistakable scars may come about. Your specialist will expel or repair harmed tissues as vital while painstakingly saving eye capacity and vision.
- Botox: The procedure takes only a few minutes and no anesthesia is required. Botox is injected with a fine needle into specific muscles with only minor discomfort. It generally takes three to seven days to take full effect and it is best to avoid alcohol at least one week prior to treatment. Aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications should be stopped two weeks before treatment as well in order to reduce bruising.
There are many procedures of oculoplastic surgery. Your surgeon will choose the best one that goes with your situation. This kind of surgery is very successful.
I have an eye defect such that my black part of eye is not staying in the centre of eyes. But my vision is 6/6. This defect effects showcase of my face. Pls advise me a cure.
I am having sudden spots near the eyes, firstly it was itching then became spot and now that spots are not going what to do.
Sir am suffering pink eye from last night am using eye drops ofloxacin it is use full or not if it is not good please prescription medicine.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.
I have red eye from 3 days now tell me what should I do for curing & repair my precious eye. Please tell me an advice.
Hello. My name is nikhil. I am 16 years old. And my problem is I use to have big and attractive eyes. But now they are becoming small. And they are going inside. Please tell me some solution.
I have shiver pain backbone continuously from 3 months. And eyes get red in every 1 hours. Please help me.
I have red eyes problem my eyes goes paining and tears comes out continuously. I cannot sit for long time in front of tv or computer so kingly can I get any suggestion for any eye drops or any medicine to get cure.
Hi. My name is ismu. My question is. How to take care of my eyes. I am using computer more than 12 hours. Getting pain in my eyes. I am not interested to wear lenses. expecting useful answer. Thank you.
Hi doctor, my left eye has become swollen and red. It all started 5 days ago when I develop chicken pox. Still have it. Does chicken pox comes in eye? It discharges sometime tears and waste material in large quantity. My eye is feeling heavy and it is not showing any improvement. Can you suggest me how to cure it. It is painful.
My seeing or in my vision there i some types of spots comes which now become somewhat permanent and it get bigger spot due to stress. The spot which i am talking about come inside my eyes means if my watching your face than except seeing your face i will also find some small coloured spots on your face. Dr. Garg suggested me to use eye drop KETLUR. And some vitamins. Can also suggest me ways to come out from this and also to increase my vision as my eye sight is weak not much weak but i can say -1. So provide ways to icrease eyesight vision and tips against spots.And also tell why it happens so. I am female age 44 to 45 yrs.
Are you the one who loves to be outdoor for long hours? Or, does your work keep you under the sun for long? Well, if it is so, you need to be alert about your eyes. Long exposure to sunlight can damage your eyes. Put your glares and hat on a hot sunny day to keep your eyes away from any kind of damage.
There are several eye diseases, which are either caused or aggravated due to long exposure to sunlight. UV radiation can be generated from a natural or artificial source. Regardless of its origin, these rays are harmful for the human eye. Usually, when we talk of UV rays, we think of its adverse effects on skin. However, it is not just the skin that gets affected. The eyes are equally vulnerable.
What are UV rays?
It is a part of the solar radiation. These are of three types: UV-C, UV-A and UV-B. While UV-C is absorbed by the ozone layer, the other two rays penetrate the layer to affect human body.
It’s effect on eyesight
UV rays cause damage to the eyes. There are several diseases or disorder caused by these rays. Some of these have been discussed below:
Macular Degeneration: It happens as the retina is damaged by the UV rays. It leads to age-related blindness. It usually happens to people who are exposed to UV rays for a long period.
Cataract: It is a disorder in which the eye lens gets clouded. About 10% cases of cataract are caused due to exposure to UV rays. This is caused by UV-B rays.
Pterygium: This disease is often known as ‘surfer’s eye’. In this disease, a pink, non-cancerous growth is formed on the conjunctiva. UV rays cause these growths.
Skin Cancer of the eyelids: UV rays can cause cancer of the skin in and around the eyelids.
Photokeratitis: This is known as corneal sunburn or ‘snow blindness’. Photokeratitis occurs due to spending long hours at the beach or skiing. If a person doesn’t take proper eye protection during these activities, this disease can occur. It sometimes causes temporary vision loss.