Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RamadasYour feedback matters!
Can I apply the honey on face. It will also touch the hair, eye brows, mushtaq. I have one doubt, it will change the hairs color from black to white hair. Please clear the doubt sir. Thanks.
My face acne and acne marks are not going I want to get ride of my skin problems, I have done treatment form many doctors but after leaving their treatment again I am not getting any effective results on my skin and they appear again on my face.
I am 24 years old female. I am going to swimming daily. After swimming I noticed lot of hair fall and my body was tanned. What should I do?
Sir/Ma'am I am suffering from premature greying of hair probably from the age of 14 now I am 18+. What should I do to avoid this.
I am suffering from itching in head, in hair roots of my head for last 2 years. I have shown this to allopathic, ayurvedic and homeopathic. But the itching is not going off. What should I do.
My age 42. I felt from urticaria from 2 years. It effects on my face mostly. No sleep, itching very much on face. Also on the head and body. please know me how to cure from urticaria!
I have a problem with hair fall and my hair is already thin can you tell me the solution for this problem?
Hello Doctor, I am 24 years old boy. I am suffering from dandruff, thinning of hairs and hair fall. In my teenage, I had thick and strong hairs but they started greying so I shaved my head and when new hairs grow up, I found greying of hairs was stopped but my hairs have become thin and since then (almost 6 years), I have been suffering from hair fall and dandruff even when I use expensive hair Oil and shampoo like Kesh King, Dr. Batra, Livon and Head and Shoulder but still my hair fall is not stopping. I also noticed that when I was a teenager, my hairs used to grow rapidly. I had to take haircut every month but now my hairs grow really slow, I get a haircut in 75-80 days. Kindly prescribe me some method and medicines so that my hair fall should get stopped otherwise I am gonna get bald very soon if this continues. Thanks.
I am 26 year old male, weighing about 70 kgs and my height is 5'4. From few months I have lot of hair fall. And some times I get dandruff, but now it has been cleared as I applied (d-free lotion). I need to regain back my hair, I wish its not alopecia. Please help me out. My basic work involves traveling as am a marketing manager. I am thinking to use and anti minoxidil. Please suggest me any better drug.
I have an black spots on my face. I have an treatment to remove the spots but it eill not working. So what should I have to be do?
I want to remove pimple from my face. Please tell me what I do? I have tried many medicine for face problem but no more benefits any medicine I feel very tired.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.