Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Ramachandra Barik

Cardiologist, Hyderabad

50 at clinic
Dr. Ramachandra Barik Cardiologist, Hyderabad
50 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences....more
Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences.
More about Dr. Ramachandra Barik
Dr. Ramachandra Barik is a trusted Cardiologist in Punjagutta, Hyderabad. You can meet Dr. Ramachandra Barik personally at Nizam's Institute Of Medical Sciences in Punjagutta, Hyderabad. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Ramachandra Barik on has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Find the best Cardiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Nizam's Institute Of Medical Sciences

Panjagutta. Landmark: Near GVK Mall, HyderabadHyderabad Get Directions
50 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Ramachandra Barik

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Dear sir I am Krishna 24 years old my weight was 82 kg. My weight was no change in last three years. Can I check my sugar, cholesterol level in my blood? in dietetics and community nutrittion management
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Kolkata
Yeah,you can.Along with this eat small amount of food.Avoid fast foods,junk foods.Drink plenty of water specially before meals.Use unrefined foods.Use lukewarm water after meals.These will help you but for more details and quick result consult me privately on Lybrate.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My husband have pain in legs, his B. P. Level sometime remains high. Height - 5'8, weight - 90 kg, non diabetic. Please give me the solution.

General Physician (AM)
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Chandigarh
As per vital stats given your Husbands ideal weight should be anywhere between 60-74 kgs His Body mass index is 29.85 which is Pre obese ,Treatment is available, safe and without side effects in Biochemic system of medication. Consult me in private.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My son is 35 years mentally retarded. His BP is 124- 91 @ 10 pm, 115- 75 @ 10 am, 111-78 @ 11 pm. Does he need BP tablets, some time high but not all day long. please advise. Thanks.

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Aligarh
Normal range of B.P: 100-140/60-90. So all the measurements lies in this range. Normally B.P dint fluctuate like this on hourly basis in a healthy individual. The fluctuations are because of recording bias.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir, my dad eating regular non veg, and he is having mild bp problem. He is having bp from last 3 years. He is physical teacher and also very fit, but he always eat fish and chicken. Is this safe for him. I m worried?

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Eating non veg doesnot mean that it will lead ti High BP.If he is physically fit and weight is normal then the reason is something else.A thorough investigations are required to find the exact cause.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir im a TB patient I am completed 6 months treatment im feeling very future it is possible to attack TB on mee? And sometimes im getting chest pain also. What is the reason.

General Physician, Trivandrum
There could be chances of tb relapse if you are affected with multi drug resistant tb. You should have regular checkups. Dry cough and chest pain can be due to upper respiratory infection, lower respiratory infection, allergies or even gastro esophageal reflux disease. We need to find out the correct cause for your symptoms and treat accordingly. Take care.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 51 years male man. My colestorol is high how I control it. My job is project job hardy. I want to control it and some time feel pain at left side on chest.

DM - Cardiology, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
Cardiologist, Delhi
Regular brisk walk for 30mts /day Avoid fatty foods and fried foods Avoid sodas Reduce sugary intake Consult cardiologist for chest pain
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a blood pressure its now showing 146/ 108 this morning, I am taking Nebistar 5 mg daily every morning.

Ayurveda, Ambala
To control or maintan BP normal there are some instructions are given below : •Do not take salt in high amount or try to avoid it because high sodium level increase BP . • Eat less amount of pickle and fast food , fast food contain high sodium . • Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking . • Take less amount of coffee and tea both increase BP . • Drink 7to 8 glass of water daily . • Do walking daily for 10 to 15 minutes. • Take 6 to 8 hrs of sleep daily .Do not take too much stress . • Do long breathing pranayams daily for 10 - 15 minutes .It will reduce your stress level in your body. • Avoid taking too much fat foods such as butter , cheese ,ghee. • Eat healthy diet such as green leafy vegetables, fruits . Eat an apple daily .
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How can we reduce the Blood Pressure, What is the symptoms of it and what we can change in our diet?

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hi, Take Rauvolfia 1x, 2 tabs daily morning empty stomach. Drink plenty of liquids and cut down your fat, salt and sugar intake. go for a morning walk daily at least for 30 minutes. Take a sound sleep and try to avoid anger. Revert after 15 days with feedback.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My self Vishwanath 28 years old, kindly suggest how to increase the Good cholesterol.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
1.Fish and omega-3 fatty acids Eating fatty fish can be heart healthy because of its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce your blood pressure and risk of developing blood clots. In people who have already had heart attacks, fish oil — or omega-3 fatty acids — reduces the risk of sudden death. I recommend eating at least two servings of fish a week. The highest levels of omega-3 fatty acids are in: • Mackerel • Lake trout • Herring • Sardines • Albacore tuna • Salmon • Halibut You should bake or grill the fish to avoid adding unhealthy fats. If you don't like fish, you can also get small amounts of omega-3 fatty acids from foods like ground flaxseed or canola oil. You can take an omega-3 or fish oil supplement to get some of the benefits, but you won't get other nutrients in fish, such as selenium. If you decide to take a supplement, just remember to watch your diet and eat lean meat or vegetables in place of fish. 2. Walnuts, almonds and other nuts Walnuts, almonds and other nuts can reduce blood cholesterol. Rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, walnuts also help keep blood vessels healthy. Eating about a handful (1.5 ounces, or 42.5 grams) a day of most nuts, such as almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, pecans, some pine nuts, pistachio nuts and walnuts, may reduce your risk of heart disease. Just make sure the nuts you eat aren't salted or coated with sugar. All nuts are high in calories, so a handful will do. To avoid eating too many nuts and gaining weight, replace foods high in saturated fat with nuts. For example, instead of using cheese, meat or croutons in your salad, add a handful of walnuts or almonds.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 32 year old having acidity problem from last 1 year and that time also had low B12, and having some times pain in chest.

MD - Clinica Biodicity, MBBS
Cardiologist, Delhi
Dear lybrate-user, avoid stress. Start yoga, meditation and walking. You are overweight, avoid sweets, fats and too many carbohydrates. Eat nutritious food like more salads and fruits. Drink plenty of water and lose weight. If your health still does not improve, consult a general physician.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My Mom is around 45-50 years old and her pressure is very low *40 min.-60 max. Due to which she faint sometimes, rather than this she doesn't have any other health issues. Please tell me which medicine would be better for her? Or any kind of exercise or yoga?

General Physician, Nashik
When dealing with low blood pressure, it is usually suggested to increase your salt and fluid intake. Before increasing yoursalt consumption, do check with your doctor. Also, cut down on alcoholic beverages and high-carbohydrate foods such asbread, rice, pasta, and potatoes.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Giddiness and not able to stand but bp is normal what is the reason. Doctor have given vertin 16, faces tablet, vertiron tablet but still the giddiness is not going from past 3 days. What we have to do.

PGP In Diabetologist, Fellowship in non-invasive Cardiology, MD - Medicine, MBBS
Endocrinologist, Delhi
You may be suffering from bppv (benign positional vertigo). It is usually triggerred by sudden change in position. Cause is disturbance in flow of endolymph in semicircular canals of our ear. Diagnosis is easily done by hallpike /head roll test. Treatment is certain exercises like epley's maneuver. Certain antihistaminic drugs may help.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I undergone coronary angiography/ angioplasty on 28th jun 2006 & coronary stententing TO. LCX (M), OM2 WITH KISSING BALLOON TO LCX (D) ON 30 -06-2006. The procedure was uncomplicated and well tolerated with good results I have back pain (probably Disc slip problem) Can I get M R I done up?

MD - Consultant Physician
Cardiologist, Kolkata
Mri is cotraindicated in case of any appliance which creates elctro magnetic field, like pacemaker pt. But stent is not created electro magnetic field. It is not required for your case, unnecessary you are doing mri. Ct scan will be sufficent to diagnose your disease.
1 person found this helpful

I am 51 male I have diabetes, blood pressure and cervical from 2 years. Now i'm facing pain in joints and I don't get proper sleep as well. I feel my body is not flexible for doing work.

Physiotherapist, Hyderabad
Hi do some stretching exercises and strengthening exercises to get relief from joints pain. And you will b flexible too. To do you r works.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My ecg in short pr interval 108. Pain in left chest. Any problem short pr interval for heart Acidity.

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hello, lybrate user, you are suffering from acidity, tk, plenty of water, to regulate your metabolism to stimulate your digestive juices. Your, diet be easily digestible on time. Go, for a brisk walk to restore peristaltic movement. Avoid, junk food, caffiene, nicotine, pizza, burger, cookies. Alcohol. Tk homoeo medicines / @ nux vom 30-6 pills, thrice. Report, wkly. Your feedback is solicited, please. Tk care.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Some time I have a pain in my left side chest. What is the reason behind that. And some time when I take a long breath then I feel same I tell you before.

General Physician,
You may have developed scute bronchitis of left lung due to allergy or infection. Have a chest xray done and consult a chest specialist. Lead a healthy lifestyle. And balanced food with lot of leafy vegetables. Go for morning walk followed by free hand exercises. It should help you.
2 people found this helpful

I was suffering for tuberculosis two years back and completed my medical course. But recently I observed that my chest is paining and the pain is similar to the pain I was having at the time I was suffering. Please suggest what should I do?

General Physician, Gurgaon
we need to rule out other causes of chest pain like 1.acidity. 2. severe anxiety 3. muscular problem Local application of Volini gel 1% twice a day for 2-3 day Consult Physician/me for Further Management as X ray chest may need to be done
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have Blood Pressure problem at least a month. Which medicine is best suitable to remove the disease.

MD-Physician, PGDCC
Cardiologist, Jaipur
Hello. Blood pressure should be and can only be controlled. Can never be cured. Physical well being is important. Take medicines and have proper diet control you are young. So have to take much care. Feel free to take experts consultation for this.
122 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My uncle is a smoker and he's now facing breathing problems and chest pain. Is their a way to help him quit smoking.

CLINICAL CARDIOLOGY, MD - Consultant Physician
Cardiologist, Surat
Hi. This is a really very good approach. Appreciate it. Quit smoking is of utmost importance for your uncle. But at the same time, breathing difficulty and chest pain in a patient with chronic smoking habit also requires cardiologist (hear doctor) consultation. So kindly consider doing ecg, 2d echo and other tests as your town cardiologist feels necessary. Nicotine chewing gums are good to help quit smoking. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from both high Bp and diabetic ,is there is homeopathy medicine for both.

MBBS, PG Diploma in Clinical Cardiology
Cardiologist, Gurgaon
There is surely allopathic treatment for both and if you are diabetic and hypertensive both you need aggressive lifestyle modifications and treatment. Best Regards
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed