Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rama Reddy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rama ReddyYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my fiance on 20 march. And now my periods is not on date it's 5th April actually still it not come. M I pregnant?
As it is rightly said ‘Nutrition starts at Conception’. Diet plays a vital role in physical and mental development of the child right from the conception. An expectant mother must make sure to follow the right diet.
There is much hyped misconception about following healthy dietary habits during pregnancy for benefit of her little one, but that’s untrue. If a to be mother manages to follow a good and nutritionally adequate diet, it will in fact help her as well to achieve healthy weight gain, comfortable child birth and most importantly helping her body to prepare for post-delivery weight loss. A physically and mentally fit mother makes a happy and active child.
By following a healthy and balanced diet throughout her 9 months and 9 days of pregnancy will immensely benefit her unborn. Inclusion of foods from all the food groups will be an added benefit. The following content will help an expectant mother to make wise choices during her pregnancy, making sure she remains healthy throughout.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates form nearly 55 to 60% of total calorie consumption in Indian diets. They are majorly divided into two types i.e. Simple and Complex variants. A child bearer should opt for the complex carbohydrates in form of wholegrains like whole wheat, bajra, sorghum (jowar), finger millet (ragi / nachni), oats, etc. in her diet as they have higher fiber content with preserved vitamins and minerals. Simple carbohydrates majorly include more of refined products (maida, packaged foods), which should be used in limits or avoided throughout the pregnancy phase, as they do not provide any nourishment.
- Proteins: Proteins are said to be the building blocks of the body, involved in steady metabolism and repair of the damaged tissues, making them an integral part of mother’s and baby’s nourishment. Consuming protein rich foods like eggs, low fat dairy, pulses, yogurts, soy and its products at least 3 to 4 times a day, helps optimise the recommended daily allowance (RDA) intake of protein per day. Vegetarian mothers have to be more careful and be innovative to make sure that their protein consumption is not compromised.
- Fats: Fats play an important role in transporting Fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K to liver. Fat intake should not be completely discouraged during pregnancy, since it is a concentrated form of energy and is actively involved in hormone making mechanism in the body. Fat intake is important, but within prescribed limits and there should be insistence on inclusion of good fats. Keeping diet restricted in bakery products, fried foods and junk foods will massively help in preventing inappropriate weight gain and also reducing the possibility of potential risk factors during & post pregnancy. Omega 3 fats present in walnuts, flaxseeds, chia seeds, spinach should be taken as it tremendously helps in mental development of the growing baby.
Macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins and fats) intake through daily allowance will make sure an expectant mum gets her required nutrition. However, nutrients like Iron, calcium, folic acid, B complex vitamins also play a vital role in maintenance of healthy pregnancy. Daily allowance should be met by consuming green leafy vegetables, nuts, fresh fruits, etc.
Apart from getting daily calories allowance, it is equally important to stay hydrated. Water aids digestion, which helps to keep constipation at bay and also helps in maintaining optimal levels of amniotic fluid in the amniotic sac.
Expectant mother should divide her meals in small and frequent portions to combat acidity, bloating which are most common troubles associated with pregnancy. She should highly be motivated to be physically active and get adequate rest as well.
A special attention should be given to keep salt and sugar intake to minimal, as they contribute to unnecessary weight gain and bloating. They are also known to delay the labour process.
Conclusion / Bottom line
Maternal Nutrition plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy and blissful pregnancy. It is highly recommended to seek nutrition advice from a nutrition expert preferably before planning a child as a healthy diet will help in conception as well as during & post pregnancy.
Me and my husband want to plan for a baby. I want to know what are the tests to be done before conceiving?
I had sex on sunday then will it still Live in me for when egg get released on friday and I will not have it on friday.
Hi I have all symptoms of yeast infection. It causes itching in the vagina and sometimes causes pain or burning when I urinate or have sex. I also have a thick, clumpy, white discharge that has no odor and looks a little like cottage cheese from last 4-5 days. I had only white discharge like water from my vagina earlier for many years. Should I be worried? Nand what should I do plz?
Hume relation bnaya period ke ek din phle but next 2 days tak period bhut hi halka tha but after 2 days regular hua or tabse 3 din ho gye regular hi hai but aisa phle kbhi ni hua. And after relation she take unwanted - 72. So now kuch samjh ni aa rha how her period regular. So yea koi problem to ni hai.
I am a 23 years old married lady and I am a smoker since 1 year. I planned to conceive in the month of May. So will there be any hazards occur to conceive? If so, then please tell me the remedies. I desperately want to conceive immediately. Please help me doctor.
Obesity or excessive weight is a common problem for both men and women irrespective of their age. Obesity must not be ignored as it can lead to further complicated health problems like heart diseases and asthma. Different causes are responsible for excessive weight gain, such as hypothyroidism, depression or polycystic ovarian disease among many others.
Homeopathy offers many effective medicines for weight loss; they are as follows:
- Antimonium Crudum: This medicine is advised to children or young people suffering from excessive and inappropriate weight. If symptoms like thick white coat on the tongue, discoloration of nails, craving for salt, irritability are noticed in a child or young person, then the doctor may recommend this medicine.
- Calcarea carbonica: This medicine is recommended if fat gets accumulated in the abdominal region. It helps to lose fat from the abdomen region. It is also given to a person showing the symptom of excessive perspiration.
- Lycopodium: It is administered to people showing symptoms like depression or excessive craving for sweets. It helps to lose weight from the thigh or buttock region.
- Graphites: This may be advised if you show symptoms like fatigue, weakness or depression. It is mostly suggested to women.
- Nux vomica: This may be recommended if you have gained weight due to inactiveness. If symptoms like constipation or sensitivity to cold air are noticed, then this may be advised.
- Ignatia: Ignatia is generally advised if you gain weight due to depression.
- Natrum Mur: This medicine may be advised to lose weight from the thigh and buttock region. It is given to people showing symptoms like depression, sensitivity towards heat or sun.
- Phytolacca: This is one of the most common medicines suggested by doctors for weight loss. If you show symptoms like swollen glands, pain in the ear or feel dryness in your throat, then this may be advised to you.
It is highly recommended for you to consult a homeopathic doctor before taking any medicine in order to find out the root cause of your weight gain.