Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rama Reddy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rama ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. M suffered from thyroid and pcod problem. I take 50 mg thyroxine tablet. My periods are not regular whenever I take med it wl come otherwise nt. Feel tired and restless. So worried about that. What can I do.
I had sex with my bf on. 30th March. We had protected sex but my bf asked me to take pill for extra protection. I took pill on 31st march at around 11 am. I had period on 15th April. Much lighter than usual. I bled next day for sometime and then stopped. Again I bled today in the morn. Flow of period is not like usual. Is this implantation bleeding? Am I pregnant? Is. Thr any possibility of getting pregnant after all this? Or is it due to the pill? Pls help me.
Hello doctor, I'm little scared right now since it was my first time as my fiance didn't use condoms while having sex! I'm 24 years old and I had a intercourse sex on Saturday night, I took the pill on Sunday night. Are there any chances that I'll get pregnant?
My last period date is 5 dec. 2017 n there is no period yet. I have done usg on 23 january 2018 this shows my endometrium thickness is 3.2 mm. Both ovaries are in normal size but having multiple small follicle.In impression - bilateral polycystic ovaries What is it? Is this is pcod n tell me my endometrium thickness is normal or not n when I am getting period Plzz reply me thank.
I am 8 weeks pregnant. I am having thyroid. I had my tsh 10.1. So I started taking 150 mcg. (Earlier I used to take 88 mcg) After 10 days my tsh level dropped to 3.5 but t4 level increased to 13.1. Should I continue with 150 mcg or should I minimize dosage. Kindly help.
Hi taking unwanted 72 3 to 4 days before ovulation and after 7 days I got withdrawal bleeding. Here is there any chance of pregnancy please help.
Buttock augmentation is also known as Gluteal augmentation, it is a procedure meant for improving the size and shape of your buttocks. With the radical evolution of technology, buttock augmentation is a common and popular technique. An accentuated buttock with increased firmness and roundness will account for an enhanced appeal in young women. This phenomenon is commonly called the Brazilian Butt Lift. Before thinking of getting a buttock augmentation and consulting any expert, you should keep in mind four important facts about the process:
- A Brazilian Butt Lift and Butt Implants are not the same things: There are two types of techniques for lifting up and fattening your buttocks. Surgically carried out silicone buttock implant is the first type and provides a much rounder bottom shape. The second type is the Brazilian Butt Lift, which involves fat transfer, creating striking natural upliftment. Consult your surgeon to know about the best technique to be used in accordance with your body type.
- Your choice of surgeon matters: An avidly experienced and trustworthy surgeon is your key to a successful buttock augmentation which would provide satisfactory output. You choose a surgeon who is working in the field of fat grafting and buttock implants for a long time. They should have proper board certifications in plastic surgery.
- The best buttock augmentation results will appear proportionate to your body: Consult a senior surgeon who will assist you in deciding the most appropriate shape, size and the best procedure of surgery, according to your body type. No matter matter how big you want the implants to be, do realise that the surgery should complement the other parts of your body. Else, you would end up looking artificial from behind. Buttock augmentation is not only meant for enhancing the buttocks. It adds on to your overall figure as well.
- The results of buttock augmentation are very long lasting: A butt augmentation carried out successfully is supposed to last for a long span of time. In case you are unhappy with the results, your confidence, discomfort and finance will all be at stake. Silicone buttock implants continue to look good and firm for more than ten years. In case of the Brazilian Butt Lift, autologous fat tissue graft fuses with your body tissues, providing permanent results. Choosing the size that matches your overall figure is the most important decision to be taken while undertaking buttock augmentation.
Importance of fasting in navaratri.
- India is a country with a rich historical and cultural background of festivals and celebration. Like other festivals of india, navaratri also has a significance and meaning attached to it.
- The nine day sadhana of navaratri is not simply an age-old practice of worshipping the cosmic nature but also the rituals, practices and celebrations associated with it has the disciplines of health wisely interwoven into it.
- Every year the beginning of spring and the beginning of autumn are two very important junctions of climatic and solar influence as the whole of creation goes through a kind of transformation with each changing season.
- These are called ritu sandhis meaning seasonal junctions (transition from extreme seasons of summer and winter to more moderate seasons like spring and autumn). Due to the changes in the nature, the bodies and minds of people undergo a considerable change. These two periods or junctions are taken as opportunities for detoxification of body, mind and soul which in turn helps to maintain our physical and mental balance.
- The beginning of autumn is celebrated as the festival of navaratri, the nine day period which commences on the first day of the bright fortnight of the lunar month of ashwina.
- " nava-ratri" literally means" nine nights"
- The navaratri festival is observed by cleansing one's self of all the impurities to experience the divinity within. This observance is called upavaas, which literally means ‘residing close to oneself’.
- Fasting is one of the techniques which is part of upavaas.
- Navaratri is the time when people fast for cleansing, detoxifying and getting their bodies rested. Fasts are a means of internal cleansing, physically and spiritually. The basic cause of many diseases is the accumulation of toxic materials in the digestive system. When one fasts, the load on the digestive system reduces and meanwhile the body is able to carry out the cleansing needed in the system. It supports in adapting to the bodily changes during ritu sandhi.
- Fasting also helps to build up self-control and discipline and bring more awareness control over senses which ultimately elevate the state of consciousness.
- The world is a manifestation of three gunas (qualities) namely satva, rajas and tamas. These three qualities exist in varying levels within one's mind.
- -satva is the quality comprising of clarity, purity and peace of mind which makes one dynamic, creative and harmonious.
- -rajas is activity or movement which in excess results in pleasure seeking activities, anger, arrogance and destructiveness.
- -tamas is inertia which in excess leads one to dullness lethargy.
- We contain all of these gunas in varying degrees and they are in constant interplay with each other. Excessive rajas and tamas has a disturbing influence upon the mind and does not allow one to go deep within oneself.
- So during navaratri, the aim is to reduce these disturbing influences and increase satva, allowing the satvik qualities to prevail leading to the highest condition of the mind.
- On the first three days of navaratri, tamo guna prevails, then during the next three days, rajo guna prevails and during the last three days, satva guna prevails.
- Diet lifestyle has a deep influence on the state of one's mind and can therefore manipulate the levels of satva, rajas and tamas in one’s being.
- Fasting in a disciplined way brings harmony between satva, rajas and tamas.
How to fast during navaratri:
- On the first three days, we can follow a fruit fast:
- Sweet fruits like: apple, banana, chikku, papaya, watermelon, sweet grapes and juices like amla juice, lauki juice and tender coconut water can be had.
- On the next three days, we can have a one time meal of the traditional navaratri diet, during the rest of the day, we could have fruit juices, buttermilk milk.
- During the last three days, we could follow a traditional navaratri diet.
- Caution: the above diet is for a healthy person. If you have any health concerns, you could fast with minor changes in the prescribed diet, with the guidance of your vaidya.
- Traditional navaratri diet:
- The diets followed during navaratri are pitta pacifying as during this season there is a possibility of pitta being increased in the body.
- Grains are avoided for the first few days.
Traditionally prescribed foods are:
- Kuttu (buckwheat) roti and fasting rice (shamak rice).
- Dosa from the shamak rice,
- Dishes made of sago (sabudana), singhara atta (water chestnut flour), rajgira, potatoes, yam (suran), colocacia (arbi) sweet potatoes (shakarkand), kachalu etc.
- Use ghee, milk and buttermilk. All these are cooling and pacifies pitta (raita of bottle gourd (lauki), raita of pumpkin (kaddu).
- Drink lot of fluids like tender coconut water, juices, vegetable soups, etc. Besides providing energy, they also maintain the fluid levels and cleanse the toxins in your body.
- Fruit chat made with papaya, pear (nashpati), apple.
- Use sandhav namak (rock salt) instead of common salt, for cooking.
- Avoid fried foods (replace fried potato with boiled potato).
- Use healthy cooking methods like roasting, boiling, steaming and grilling.
- Delicacies like sabudan vada, sprouted gram sundals, kuttu pakoda, singhara burfee and kheer can be had from the 8th day onwards.
- Be strictly vegetarian.
- Avoid onion and garlic.
Those who cannot go for a fast can do upavaas by abstaining from non-vegetarian food, alcohol, onion, garlic, too spicy food, and replacing common salt with rock salt.