Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rama Mohan Reddy
Submit a review for Dr. Rama Mohan ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi, now a days major problem is cancer. What r the ways to prevent it. Pls give some suggestions for not getting that. Food that we can keep in the diet which help in preventing the cancer. Thanks.
My mother was attacked by breast tumour in her left breast so it was deducted in 1998 .now she is well but her left arm has been heavy and some time feels pain have its any treatment?
I have been diagnosed with mild prostrate problem since last 2 years back. I had consulted a homeopath and is taking homeopathic medicines since last 2 years. My psa was normal. I am a diabetic as well but my sugar level are under control my hba1c was 6.15, fasting sugar was 90 and pp was 168, the only problem I am facing is that of excessive urination which is atleast once every hour and also inadiquate erection. Please suggest any Ayurveda medicine which can help me in total eradication of these problem ?
Ovarian cancer takes place when the cells in either of your ovaries have an abnormal growth. The ovaries are two small organs, situated on either side of your uterus. They deliver female sex hormones and store and discharge eggs (ova) that help a woman reproduce. Ovarian cancer is a serious disease that emerges from various sorts of cells and growths inside the ovary.
Specialists do not know precisely what causes ovarian cancer. Hereditary qualities, for example and other DNA changes, are a danger element for few ladies. Around 10 out of 100 ovarian cancers are thought to be brought about by quality transformations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes. Women who go through changes due to these carrier genes are more at risk of contracting ovarian cancer.
The earliest symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows:
- Frequent bloating in the uterus or stomach area.
- Pain in your pelvis or belly.
- Inconvenience while eating, or feeling full quickly.
- Urinary issues, for example, a critical need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected.
The disease is usually suspected after an ultrasound suggests an ovarian cyst with a specific appearance. If there is a suspicion of ovarian cancer on ultrasound, you doctor may ask for a blood test for markers like CA-125, CEA, AFP, etc.
Treatment options for ovarian cancer:
The decision of treatment and the long-term result for ladies who have ovarian cancer relies upon the sort and phase of cancer they are in. Your age, general wellbeing, personal satisfaction, and wish to get pregnant should be considered. The primary treatment methods for ovarian cancer are:
- Surgery to see whether you have cancer or not and to treat it. This may include taking biopsies to check for the spread of cancer.
- Chemotherapy, which uses medications to kill the cancerous cells. It is suggested after surgery for most phases of ovarian cancer.
- Women who are in a more progressive stage of ovarian cancer may have a portion of their chemotherapy before surgery and whatever is left of it after surgery. This can make the surgery more secure for these women.
- Radiation treatment might be utilized to pulverize the cancer cells with the help of high-measurement X-ray beams or other high-vitality beams.
Side Effects of Treatment Methods:
Most medications for ovarian cancer cause reactions. They may vary, depending upon the kind of treatment, your age and general well-being. Reactions of surgery rely on the degree of your surgery and spread of the disease. In case your specialist removes your ovaries, you lose the capacity to bear children with your own eggs. The option of egg freezing should be discussed before resorting to this step. Furthermore, if both ovaries are removed, it leads to menopausal symptoms.
Symptoms of chemotherapy may incorporate loss of appetite and weight, queasiness, fatigue, vomiting, nausea and hair loss.
One should get regular or annual check-ups done to see if there are problems in any parts of the bodies since natural symptoms of cancer are only visible after a certain stage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My friend is suffering from carcinoma sarcoma of gall bladder type 4 stage cancer. I want to know about the treatment process and hes chances to survive as I am really very worried about him he is 42 years of age .please reply me soon.
I am 24 years old. I started chewing tobacco in my school days. But last few months I am not using any tobacco product. Today I found that there were white spots in my gums in corner side. And as I know It can be a symptoms of oral cancer so I would like to know that should I take a checkup for oral cancer. And if yes than what will be the charges.
Hi, I am 32 years old. Having chest pain in my right side (in a particular place). Having bad breath since 4 to 5 years. I checked with physician he said bad breath is due to mouth unhygienic. Please help me. I am suspecting cancer. What it will be.
MALE AGE 72 YRS. IN JULY 2013 ULTRASOUND SCAN, IT WAS FOUND THAT I HAVE A SLIGHTLY ENLARGED PROSTATE AND I WAS HAVING FREQUENT URGE TO URINATE. Post void residue was 20 ml. This is so, in recent Ultrasound scan report also. Since July,2013 I am taking one capsule Tamlet 4 mg at bedtime. With this I am comfortable andnight time I get up once or twice to urinate. Day time I go to rest room four to five times . Should I continue the medicine Tamlet 4 mg. Or can stop it. My present medications are Amlong 5 mg for BP Glycomet SR 500 mg for sugar, Ecosprin AV 75 one cap. At night. BP, Sugar are under control with medication.
Are you aware of colon cancer? This cancer is based in the large intestine or the colon, and the digestive system. Rectal cancer refers to the last few inches of the colon. These cancers are together known as colorectal cancers. Commonly, colon cancer starts as a small non-cancerous clump of cells known as adenomatous polyps. With time, some of these polyps may turn cancerous. The polyps are usually small and very few symptoms are observed.
In many cases, colon cancer strikes without showing any major symptoms. Hence, it is very important for you to have regular screenings called colorectal screenings for detecting early problems. However, in other cases there are several symptoms of colon cancer and bleeding is the first one of them. Tumours may bleed in small amounts and the evidence of bleeding in only found during chemical stool testing. When the tumours grow larger, other symptoms are slowly observed. They are as follows:
Blood in Stool: This is the most alarming symptom of colon cancer. However, the presence of blood in the stool does not always indicate cancer, as other problems such as haemorrhoids, ulcers and ulcerative colitis also cause bleeding in the digestive tract.
Unexplained Anemia: Anemia is the shortage of red blood cells, which help in carrying oxygen all over the body. In case you experience anemia, you will feel sluggish and tired. You will be exhausted in such a way that even rest will have no impact.
The Importance of Screening for the Prevention of Colon Cancer-
Colon cancer does not cause symptoms in an early stage and the major symptoms start appearing in the advanced stage. It is recommended for all people above the age of 50 to undertake regular colon cancer screenings. In case of people having a family history of colon cancer, and people with certain risk factors, screening should be undertaken at an early age after being approved by a doctor.
When diagnosed at an early stage, the five-year survival rate of colon cancer is around 90%. However, in the cases where colon cancer spreads outside the colon, the survival rates get reduced. It is important for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptoms of colon cancer.
Is there any solution for large size of breast. My wife has a large size of breast and the reason behind this she tell the one reason that in her childhood her mother not pressed her breast. So as a result her breast size became large. She is very worried about this .Then please tell me tell me the solution about her breast. Any oil ,medicine what ever please refer me.
My father has gone from prostate surgery 10 days back, & doctor has not removed catheter yet, looking to consult good urologist, as till how much days catheter need to keep, worried that may not having any serious issue. My father also having high sugar need suggestion what o do.
I hv very severe pain in my breast bt there is no cyst (ghat), Dr. Recommended me codesoft capsules for 1 month, my treatment is going on bt still I hv pain. Wht to do then? Plzz suggest me any solution for this.
Whether you consider tomato as a fruit or vegetable, it has a lot of benefits that can make a person healthier and fit. It is usually regarded as a salad that you may or may not want to eat as compared to other vegetables. Tomatoes, because of their helpful phytochemicals, such as lycopene, help in preventing a number of cancers and convey other medical advantages as well. Hence, following are the benefits of a tomato:
- Prevents cancer: As a magnificent source of vitamin C and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
- Blood pressure: Low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
- Heart’s well-being: The fibre, potassium, vitamin C and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart’s well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Diabetes: Tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
- Constipation: Eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
- Eye health: Tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Skin: Collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin C. An inadequacy of vitamin C leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin C is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from UV rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
- Pregnancy: A good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother’s womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Which things we can give to a patient of cancer after a dose. And which all things can we give to eat to a patient suffering from cancer.
Is cancer a genetic disease? As because three of my aunt that is my mother's sisters had cancer and all of them are own sister. Please help me with this.
I was having a doubt regarding oral/mouth cancer. So I should go to dentist or what? Nd which test should I do?
Which medicine to take for cancer or what are symptoms of heat stroke. Can you please help me with this.
My Brother is having cough with breathing problem and high Fever. On XRay it was shown that the left side of lung is totally covered with fluid. Sir, can you tell me what is the problem? His age is 17.
Fibroadenomas are benign non carcinogenic tumors that occur in the breasts of women. Although the condition may affect females of any age; spanning from pubescent girls to middle aged ladies, yet it is most commonly diagnosed in young women below 30 years of age. Fibroadenomas can be described as a stiff, smooth, supple marble under the skin of your breasts, which move when touched. These tumors which occur in varied sizes, may shrink or expand with time. Diagnosing through biopsies and treatment by surgeries are commonly employed for such a condition.
Types of Fibroadenomas
Fibroadenomas are of two types: simple fibroadenomas and complex fibroadenomas. The simple tumors are usually harmless and almost look the same under the lens of a microscope. On the other hand, the complex tumors are comprised of macro cysts (large fluid-filled sacs) and calcifications (deposits of calcium) which can slightly increase the chance of breast cancer.
What is the primary cause of Fibroadenomas?
Doctors aren't able to pinpoint the chief cause of fibroadenomas, but they have reasons to believe that the condition may pertain to the reproductive hormones. The condition may occur during pregnancy or during the use of hormone therapy, owing to which, the tumors may increase in size. The tumors are usually seen to shrink postmenopause, when the hormone levels start to dwindle.
Fibroadenomas are apparent and you may be able to detect them even without a doctor. The marble like tumor within your breasts are usually:
- Rubbery and elastic
- Easily movable
These tumors can range from being too small to as big as 3 inches or more in diameter. These lumps, which are usually harmless may be a cause of concern if they start to grow or change. Consulting a doctor is duly advised in such cases.
Risks: Fibroadenomas, only in the rarest cases, increase the likelihood of breast cancer. A complex fibroadenoma comprising of cysts or thick tissues called calcifications may aggravate your condition. Causes of concern could be if the tumor pains, a family history of cancer or an event of a questionable biopsy report. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.