Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Rama Mohan RaoYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 36 year old with family history of diabetic, triglyceride & cholesterol. My report also showing minor increase in triglyceride & cholesterol. Diabetic report is ok. Can you suggest some treatment.
Is there any type of side effect by manforce 50mg tablet give your advice is there any side effects by manforce which one is best. For men.
I am 28 years old and I got ankle sprained in my right leg on two weeks back. Now, I started to walk and slowly seeing improvement. Need to recover soon. How long it will take and what should I have to do now.
I feel breathless when I run even a 100 ft. My heart pumps rapidly as it going to burst. What's the reason. Sometimes I feel shortness in breathing while sleeping.
I am male aged 29 yrs, unmarried, non-alcoholic and non smoker, vegetarian. For past two months I have lack of interest in sex desire. My sexual desires will starts few days, then I am lack of interest in that. What I do?
Please suggest the name and approx mrp of the medicine by taking it gives you feeling of dong sex just like shows in films. I am not talking about increasing sex power medicine like viagra. So please answer accordingly.
I have hypothyroid and taking 50 mg thyroxine everyday from past 4 months and I am not eating foods spinach, cabbage, broccoli, peanuts, mustard, soy products, cauliflower. I have vitamin deficiency also. But skipping spinach, peanuts is lacking nutrition, is there any other food for substitute of spinach and peanuts?
Sir. Is there chance of getting hiv after using condom correctly. Are such cases reported. Please reply.
What are the symptoms of dengue and please suggest the precautions for the same and also please reply as soon as possible.
My wife is diabetic. She is taking Amaryl M2 in the morning and Amaryl 1 in the night. Her recent sugar reading are 179 mg/dl (PP), 208 mg/dl (fasting), HbA1c = 8.0. Please advise.
I'm not getting sleep at night. I'm being tired but not able to sleep. I work in an MNC and I love my job too. Most people will say this because of job but this is not and something different from it. Whenever I try to sleep something is running in my mind and I can't sleep. For few times I have taken my dads sleeping tablet alprax 0.5 mg to sleep because I'm getting damn sleeper during my job hours. Please get me out of it. I think i'm under depression. I can't concentrate on anything now. Please give me a solution to overcome this. I'm not prescribed with alprax. In order to work at office the next day, I will take that and sleep. Anyone if you understand my situation kindly help me. Sometimes nerves near my forehead are paining deadly.
How to solve a fungal infection problem on your thighs. Which way would be the best to cure it in fast and better way because it been a month and sometimes it is very itchy.
One of the most debilitating conditions that anyone can experience is migraine. They can severely limit you by affecting your personal and professional life as you are in constant pain. Migraine can manifest in a type of headache with intense pain, an acute sensitivity to light, vomiting and nausea. Often described as a severe throbbing pain in the head, it may stop you from completing regular daily tasks and may delay or postpone your work.
How can migraines be treated?
The exact cause for these debilitating migraine pain hasn't been pointed out yet, but certain triggers such as stress, hormonal changes in the menstrual cycle, sun exposure, bright or flashing lights, among many others have been identified. The first line of defense for you would be to understand and identify what your triggers are. Once that is done, you can try and avoid them. If these still trigger a migraine or are about to trigger one, you can immediately take medications or steps to control it or at least lessen the pain to go through your day. Some of the options you can employ to this effect are mentioned below.
- Medications to prevent a migraine attack: The medications mentioned here are specialized treatments and can only be taken after a consultation with a doctor. If you are deemed as a candidate for preventative medication for migraines, then either one or a combination of drugs from the following may be prescribed to you.
- Valproate and Topiramate are anti-seizure medications which can be used to prevent migraines.
- Propranolol, a type of beta blocker and used for cardio vascular problems, has proven to be very effective in preventing migraines.
- Onabotulinumtoxin A or a type of Botox, has shown a lot of promise in preventing migraines and is being slowly rolled out as a proper drug as a treatment option.
- Certain antidepressants have also shown to be quite effective in reducing the symptoms of migraines as well.
- Medications to relieve pain: Some of the go to medications that help relieve your pain from migraine are mentioned below. Although some of them are OTC (over the counter) drugs, it is best advised that you consult with your doctor for medications which suit you better. The side effects of these medications can be bad and thus, it is not advised to continue them in the long run and to find other means to control pain from migraines. Some of the medications to relieve pain temporarily are:
- Triptan is a drug used to treat severe migraines
- Caffeine along with Ergotamine can also help dull the pain and deal with it.
- Ibuprofen and aspirin and Acetaminophen are common pain killers that you can use
- Codeine, which contains opioids are also used to treat this problem.
- Metoclopramide and chlorpromazine are two examples of anti-nausea medications as vomiting along with nausea may frequently accompany your migraine.
Always remember that these medications can have strong side effects if not taken properly, therefore do not just pop a pill, consult your physician first and know which one should you take and how frequently.