Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rama KrishnaYour feedback matters!
I am a 15 year old Male, the problem I have is Dark Skin. I have tried many things to get rid of it but none of them worked. Can I get the appropriate answer to my problem?
I have black spots as well as on my back. I used scar removal Cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do.
I get acne white heads and black heads regularly. Can you suggest me regular using any application and facewash to counter these problems. I also hav small black spots on my skin. I want my skin healthy and clear. I am using sebamed soap.
Hi I am 22 years girl, and I have darkcircles around in my eyes. Am tried some creams. Lik fair eyes, eye cream etc. But no use. What I do?
He is being suffering from severe rashes problem for past 3 years. He used many medicines but no use. Could any one suggest good medicine?
The skin has a protein called keratin that protects it from infections and other harmful toxins. For various reasons, mostly unknown, but likely genetic, there could be a build up of this keratin leading to small, light-colored, hard bumps under the skin that can feel like sandpaper. This condition is medically known as keratosis pilaris. These pillars of keratin block the hair follicles that open onto the surface of the skin, and when a number of follicles are blocked, it leads to dry, bumpy feeling. In common words, it is also referred to as chicken skin, chicken bumps, or goose bumps.
- Occurrence: The onset is usually in the first decade of life, continues to grow in number in teenagers (80%), and slowly subsides as they grow older (40% of adults). People with dry skin are more likely to have these bumps than people with oily skin. The most commonly affected areas include upper arms, thighs, buttocks and very rarely on the face.
- Cause: This is a genetic disorder, and the bumps are due to excessive formation and buildup of keratin due to faulty genes. There could be surplus skin formation under these follicles or hair follicles trapped under these bumps. There could be a small area of inflammation and redness around the bumps.
- Weather correlation: Keratosis pilaris is more common and evident during the winter months when the skin is normally drier than in summer months. Some people could have this condition lifelong, with only manifestation seen in winters and complete absence of bumps in the summer months.
- Symptoms: The condition is usually asymptomatic, except for the dryness, and does not cause itching or medical harm. The esthetic concern, especially if in upper arms, is the only concern. Some people could be affected by the hard, bumpy feeling of the skin. There are no long-term medical symptoms or harmful effects of this condition though.
- Treatment: No treatment is required; however, moisturizers may be required to prevent the bumps from drying up. In very severe cases, creams may be used to remove dead skin cells and to prevent plugged follicles. Alpha hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid containing creams can be used to remove the dead skin cells. These also help moisturize the skin and reduce dryness. Vitamin A containing creams can be used to unplug the hair follicles. Avoid shaving and waxing.
- A word of caution though: These creams can cause itching and redness. Since this condition is prevalent in children, these creams need to be used only if absolutely essential and with medical prescriptions. The condition is harmless and self-limiting, so no treatment is mandatory. Patient education is of utmost importance in these cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am 21 yrs old girl. Doing engineering. please help me with the dark circles.. I hate it. I look bad. I wanna get rid of it. I even want my face to look fresh and healthy. My hair is also going bad. everything was so awesome just 2 yrs back. I want it back. My face and hair. Want to look good and feel good. Do help me with it.
I am having pain in my right head when I Bent down or while Shaking my head & sometimes I get blackout in my left eye.
I have developed some extra skin growth on my anal opening and the surrounding area. It doesn't hurt or bleed, but it itches a lot. I wanna know if its a simple skin disease or an STD as I have been involved in unsafe sexual practices.
I have too many black marks on my skin all over the body. What should I do to clear them? And one more thing is I am having black scar (mark) around my nose tip continuously and it gets darker during the summer what should I do for it?
I am pregnant by 7 month and my skin tone is medium but my husband is fair I wanted to know that what will be the child complexion. Fair or medium or dark. And note one thing I was having beer during 5 month just 1 day only will dat affect my child or not. please help.
I am 21 year old male, I have suffering black lips by smoke. how I can do for naturally lips? Please help me.
Since 4 months there are no hair on my face in my beard there are 3 spots in between my beard. Even if I shave the white spots are seen. No hair growth on that spots. Please suggest something. As tried all home remedies. Now please don't say consult dermatologist.. They are expensive..
Get ready for the winter season!
Avail the Christmas new year special offers at dermaworld skin hair clinics.
To book an appointment, please call +91-9811977222
Timing: 10 am - 6 pm
Registration fee: rs 200.