Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rama KanthYour feedback matters!
My mom has diabetes and now she has to do operation of eye for cataract bt her sugar level is 260 how can she reduce her sugar so that she can do her operation and from last two weeks she is on fruit diet bt still the sugar level is same please suggest a appropriate diet.
I am 34 years old male, I am suffering from Thyroid from 1.5 years (TSH Low and T3 high) now I got swelling under eyes & some bags also. Do I need to worry about this.
Ge: 18, Gender: Male My right eye vision details:- CYL- -3.00 AXIS- 170 VISION-6/18 P (NV N6) left eye vision CYL- +2.50 AXIS- 100 VISION- 6/18 (NV N6) problem:- I am getting irritate while using spectacle so can I use contact lens? Please suggest (sorry for my english grammar mistakes)
My eyes are becoming red very easily even after adequate sleep and not exposed to dust. Please suggest wat could be the problem and remedy.
I have eye floaters in both eye since 15 days I also went to eye specialist for retina examines but there is no defect, so should I worried about retina detachment. If possibilities of detachment how much maximum time it take for detach.
Hi I am 32 years old and my eye side is weak from last 17 years. Recently checked my number increased so much. My eye side is weak for far away things. Close things I can see properly. Is laser surgery is possible for me? Is that safe?
Last few I am faced my eyes problem. Very difficult to see far away thing. Please help me sir. And tear come down from my face when I frocely study something.
This is a condition which can be caused in the delicate folds of the skin over the eye called the eyelid. The eyelids usually protect us from extreme light, and the entrance of other debris as well as against injuries to the delicate interiors of the eyes. The eyelid may get irritated or experience varied sensations like prickling, burning or itching, with a dull ache or sharp pain due to many reasons. This discomfort and irritation is usually caused by inflammation. Let us learn more about this condition.
- Eyelid Inflammation: Blepharitis or eye inflammation is a condition that causes eyelid irritation because of allergic reactions as well as infections, dandruff in the eyelashes and eyebrows, pollutants and varied other causes. Also, poor hygiene can lead to the growth of eyelash lice which can also enter the eyes and lead to inflammation and irritation of the eyelids. A malfunctioning oil gland can also cause this kind of problem along with side effects of certain kinds of medication.
- Types of Inflammation: This condition can be of two types :- anterior and posterior. Anterior eye inflammation causes irritation in that part of the eyelids which are outside the eyes where the eyelashes are situated. Dandruff and allergic reactions can also cause this kind of irritation. Posterior eyelid inflammation is a condition that can be found in the inner rims and corners of the eyes where malfunctioning oil glands found in the follicles of the eyelashes can cause this problem leading to blurry or cloudy vision as well.
- Symptoms: Apart from irritation and not being able to close the eyes properly, there are many other symptoms of this condition. These symptoms include sensitivity to glares of light, oily eyelids, burning and itching sensation, and a feeling that some particles have entered your eyes and formed a crust on your eyelashes.
- Checking for an Infection: Many of these symptoms can point at the presence of an infection, especially when accompanied by fever and headaches. Yet, irritation can also just be a cause of simple inflammation or due to the entry of a foreign body into the eye. Still, it is always best to get the symptoms checked by an ophthalmologist who will conduct a detailed eye exam along with lab tests based on blood samples in order to ensure that there is no bacterium or virus infecting the body.
- Treatment: Steroids and antibiotics will be used only when there is an infection. As a home remedy for this condition, you can apply a warm wash cloth and clean your eyes frequently.
Talk to your doctor about potential complications of this irritation like eyelash loss.