Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ram Sai
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ram SaiYour feedback matters!
Respected Sir. My wife gave birth to a baby boy on 13th Dec 2017. Now mother's milk is not sufficient for the baby feeding. We are feeding the baby with milk supplements. Please suggest me the ways to increase mothers milk. What type of tablets she has to take, to increase the secretion of mother's milk. Please suggest.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
With 2 young kids of 2 years and 1 year, I feel hectic. They hardly eat. Their tempertantrums, they beat each other. Loud crys, illness. To cook food and feed them then come for duty and go back again cook and feed them. Crying in the background. How to handle this pressure.
Eczema is a common chronic skin condition, which is characterized by skin inflammation and irritation. The most prevalent type of eczema is Atopic dermatitis. It is not a communicable disease and is usually caused, owing to immunological alterations within the body.
The fundamental characteristic of homeopathy treatment is that it targets with respect to eczema:
- Genetic components
- Coping mechanism with sentimental triggers
Major advantages of homeopathy include:
- It treats the disturbances of immune system and treats the roots of this disease.
- In most of the cases its effects are long lasting.
- It is non-toxic and causes zero side effects.
The following are effective homeopathic remedies to treat eczema:
- Weeping type of eczema: Graphite is an effective homeopathic medication that treats the weeping type of eczema that usually occurs between fingers or toes, behind the ears and scalp. It provides effective relief from eczematous eruptions that discharge sticky fluid and eczema that develops on eyelids.
- Dry eczema in knees joints and bents of elbow: Sepia officinalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for eczema in knees and bends of elbow. It provides relief from severe scratching that occurs due to dry skin.
- Excessive itching: Sulphur is a Natural Homeopathic medicine, which is considered one of the most effective remedies for eczema. It provides instant relief from burning sensation and excessive itching. It is also beneficial in the case of eczema that has worsened due to the indiscriminate usage of external ointments.
- Gastric or urinary trouble: Lycopodium clavatum is an effective remedy for patients suffering from some sort of urinary or gastric trouble. It is also known to provide effective relief from severe itching and bleeding resulting from eczematous eruptions. It also provides relief in cases of deep fissures and hardening of skin.
We are new Dad and Mom and our child is 4 weeks old. My wife could not get enough milk through breast feeding. Which fruit/food will help to get milk and keep her strong?
My 20 months old baby is having cold n fever which reoccurs after every 7 to 8 hours n she is doing loose motions thrice since yesterday. I gave tminic cold n ibugesic plus but no permanent relief.
Atopic dermatitis is an inflammatory skin disease that most commonly affects children during their first year of life. This is also commonly noted in older children and occasionally in adults. This disease causes severe itching that many a times leads to skin infection. These rashes are commonly seen over the scalp, neck, cheeks and face. As the child grows older and also in adults, the rashes mainly appear in body creases and folds.
The exact cause of atopic dermatitis is still under research but it is believed that people with the following are at risk of getting atopic dermatitis-
Dermatitis is not caused by food allergies but people with dermatitis are allergic to certain type of food like milk and other dairy products, shellfish and nuts.
- Dry itchy and scaly skin
- Redness and rashes
- Scratching and itching
- Appears bumpy and develop knots in thickened areas
If left untreated, atopic dermatitis may results in:
- Asthma and hay fever: More than half of the children with atopic dermatitis develop asthma and hay fever by age 13.
- Chronic itchy, scaly skin: Atopic dermatitis can cause the affected skin to become discolored, thick and leathery.
- Skin infections: Repeated scratching that breaks the skin can cause cracks and open sores. These increase the risk of infection.
- Irritant hand dermatitis: This especially affects people whose core work requires their hands to be wet and exposed to detergents, harsh soaps, and disinfectants.
- Sleep problems. The itch-scratch cycle can result in poor sleep quality.
It’s important to visit the dermatologist for treatment to control the disease and prevent it from worsening. Treatment includes medicines to control itching, reduce skin inflammation (redness and swelling) and clear infection.
The dermatologist will also suggest lifestyle modifications which are very important to manage the disease.
Tips for people with dermatitis-
Ways to ease discomfort :
- Make sure the humidity and temperature levels are comfortable.
- Apply moisturizer twice daily to make sure the skin does not get dry and cracks.
- Enquire your doctor about how to use wet wrap therapy and its effects.
- Make sure your child’s finger nails are cut short and smooth.
Bathing care -
- Bath your child with warm water not with hot water and make sure you complete the bath within 5-10 mins.
- Just pat the skin after bath with soft cotton towels and don’t make it dry completely.
- Apply the medicine if advised after bath. Make sure you apply the medicine before the skin gets completely dry.
- Apply moisturizer over the medicated skin.
- Avoid bubble bath and prefer bleach bath every two days if the skin gets infected.
Choosing right clothes-
- Uses limited amount of detergents to wash the clothes.
- Rinse the clothes with adequate amount of water and dry it completely under direct sunlight.
- Wash new clothes with plain water before wearing to your child to remove excess dyes and fragrances.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!