Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ram KalayanYour feedback matters!
*Consult your doctor to figure what's the optimum amount of Calcium you should be taking. Pregnant women, for instance, need more calcium than normal people.
*Take Sun-bath daily to ensure adequate amount of Vitamin D for your body. There are other sources of Vitamin D too. Consult your doctor to find out what are those sources and what's the right amount.
*Regular exercise is extremely necessary for good bone health. Make a plan and stick to it
I am facing pain in my knee from past 4 days. I have been riding bicycle for the last 25 years and I go by walk to most of places like market. I work in cisf central police. I was diagnosed with the problem In l3-l4 disk problem for which I took medication and bit of good feeling. But now I feel pain in my knees. Suggest me the best treatment and I want good medicine. Probably homeopathic medicine I would prefer for. My knee is not painful most of time. My knee is not warm on touch, not swollen. It's troubling me since 5 days. No history of injury. I sant to know homeopathic medicine for this and with dosage and want to know what not to eat during this homeopathic medicine intake. Tsh level- 6.19 Ft3 level- 2.05 Ft3 level- 0.87.
I've started doing some light jogging in the morning and experiencing extreme pain in my heels. The pain occurs when I start resting in bed and wake up again and can't even stand properly for some time. Why is it so? Also I'm suffering from ankylosis spondylitis and but never felt this much pain before. What should I do? Should I stop running if so then what should I do?
I did my mri for dorsal and lumbar spine and the report says that lumbar spondylosis with degenerative disc disease at L1-2, L2-3, L4-5, L5-SI. Mild bilateral nerve root canal narrowing at L4-5. D-spine mri says mild collapse of D11 with abnormal marrow signal of D11 & anteriosupeeior D12 with right side paravertebral soft tissue & collection-likely tuberculous in etiology. Can you Please suggest me what does this report mean? Do I have tuberculosis?
The most common cause of neck pain can be cervical disc disease. It is generally caused by the abnormality of the disc that is the cushion present between the vertebrae. The disc can get damaged because of arthritis or any unknown cause. When damaged, it usually leads to inflammation or spasm of the muscles leading to neck pain.
There are a number of pain medications, traction exercises, and physical therapy for minimizing the neck pain. However, these home based remedies help in relieving pain along with a speedy recovery:
- Take it easy: If you have a busy and hectic life, then take it easy. Living with cervical disc diseases can lead to an increase in the neck pain; thus cutting down on activities helps. A comfortable position should be observed while resting. If need be then a pillow can be placed under the neck.
- Apply Cold/Heat Pack: There is always a confusion regarding whether a cold or a hot pack is to be used. The recommendation is to use ice or cold pack for the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury, so that the swelling subsides. This should then be followed by hot fermentation in order to improve the muscle stiffness and also loosen them. But in case of a cervical disc disease neither cold nor heat penetrates the tissue to relieve inflammation, so it is best to use the one which feels better. Whichever, pack is chosen it should only be used for 20 minutes and then left for 40 minutes. Take care and do not use ice or heat directly against the skin.
- Stretch: Stretching exercises should be done in order to improve the flexibility and relieve pain in the neck. Exercises can be performed after warming up of the muscles by a warm towel or bath. Here are a few simple stretches for cervical disc disease that you can do at home:
- Move the neck: As per the study by the American Medical Association, women who had neck pain got relief when they did exercises using light weight and resistance bands. This increased their endurance and strength of the neck muscles. Also, 30 minutes of exercise in the form of biking, walking, swimming, and biking is recommended to improve the blood flow.
- Maintain the posture of the neck: A bad posture can cause a neck pain. Every time while standing, sitting, walking, lifting the posture should be kept in mind. The head and neck should be kept straight and the back should be supported in order to avoid neck pains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.