Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. RakeshYour feedback matters!
Hello Actually past few weeks I am facing some type of breathing problem. Whenever I try to sit in a close car (with all windows closed, I feel dizziness. And while taking a little rest in between jogs, my full body warms up and it feels like blood is rushing to my head. Your help would be appreciated.
She frequently suffers from severe cold and cough. The nose starts running and eyes water. Doctors have classified it as allergic sinusitis. Is there a permanent cure for it? Please suggest medication for immediate relief.
Sir/Mam I am 24 and having throat infection during season change but not getting relief in it sometime it getting started throat problem please help me to cure from this infection I have taken a GRILLINCTUS syrup also for cure but not getting relief.
I am having trouble with my throat from last month due to infection and I am not able to conversation efficiently. .But my profession is teacher. So I request you for advice as early as possible. .
Hello doctor two days back I went for swimming and I swimmed for four hours, after that my left ear got blocked and now I am not able to hear clearly, I shake my head up and down and I got (ciprofloxacin IP drops from medical after using that also there was no solution found so please give me a exact solution.
Hello! I am 19 years old male. I am having a hole in eardrum. What are the charges for operation there? Please advise.
I am consuming 10 hrs in front of PC. Whistling ear 24hrs. Every morning when I sit in front of PC Headache begins. I think I am suffering from Computer Vision Syndrome.
I have an allergy issues from dust cold wind and I have a sinus, running nose, headache, throat infections and car bus plane this all vehicles doesn't suit me I feel headaches and vomiting when I travel from bus car plane. Fatigueness body pain and also my scalps paining.
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection. It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.
Kindly take any ayurvedic medicine under supervision of an experienced ayurvedic doctor.
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
So how can nasal obstruction cause clogged ears? Here is our explanation!
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.