Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajya Lakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajya LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, kya own semen ya pre-cum ko pine se koi infection, hiv, ya std disease. Ho sakti hai, I think syphilis, Chlamydia etc.
Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. Actually mai 9 weeks pregnant hu. Maine ultra sound krwaya bt doctor ne btaya ki baby m koi cardiac activity nahi hai. Unhone mujhe abortion k liye kaha h or Mera pehle b abortion hua h so please tell me kya mujhe Kya krna chahiye.
I had my last period on 13th Feb. We are trying for a baby. In March month periods did not happen. It happened on 04/04/2018 but only at night time and was clear on day time. We did urine pregnancy test but it was negative. We consulted gynecologist who prescribed us undernoted medicines 1) Decdan 0.5 mg 2) letrozole tablets usp. 3) Beefol tablet. Kindly, advise are these medicines okay and for what reason. I am also experiencing back pain. Kindly advise why is it happening. Is there any complication in achieving pregnancy?
I visited a gynecologist today and she said I have fungal infection in my vagina, earlier she said mixed vaginitis. How many kind of fungal infection are there? And what's the reason behind it. My vagina started itching just a day after I have had sex for the first time. Is there a chance I will have this infection again after sex or it was just due to the problem of pH balance.
Bleeding during pregnancy is relatively common and doesn’t always mean there is a problem. It can be daunting and scary. However contrary to common beliefs, bleeding need not be a necessary harmful to a pregnant woman. However, it is important to take bleeding seriously at any stage of the pregnancy.
What are the possible causes of vaginal bleeding during pregnancy?
Causes of vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy include
- Implantation bleeding: It is a harmless light bleeding that often occurs around the time your period would have been due. It occurs when the developing embryo implants itself in the wall of the womb.
- Cervical changes: Cervical changes due to pregnancy may sometimes cause bleeding specifically after sex.
- Miscarriage: During early pregnancy vaginal bleeding can be a sign of miscarriage. About 1 in 5 pregnancies miscarry and usually, the cause is in the fetus and not the mother or the partner. At the same time, it is important to note that many women who bleed at this stage of pregnancy go on to have normal and successful pregnancies.
- Ectopic pregnancy: An ectopic pregnancy is when fertilized egg implants outside the womb, for example in the fallopian tube. It can cause bleeding and is dangerous.
Early detection and appropriate management is a must in this case, so as to prevent any life-threatening complication. Other less common causes are molar pregnancy (a mass that forms inside the uterus that does not result in a baby) and problems with the cervix such as a cervical growth or cervical or vaginal infections. Vaginal bleeding might also occur during the later second or third trimester of the pregnancy.
Some of the commonly occurring includes
- Placenta praevia (low lying placenta): This is when the placenta is attached in the lower part of the womb, near to or covering the cervix. Bleeding from a low lying placenta can be very heavy and put you and your baby at risk
- Placental abruption: It is a serious condition in which the placenta starts to come away from the womb wall.
- Vasa praevia: A rare condition where baby’s blood vessels run through the membranes covering the cervix. When your water breaks, these vessels are torn and cause vaginal bleeding.
Vaginal bleeding towards the end of the pregnancy is normal. Often bleeding mixed with mucous (which is called show) can be a sign of the starting of the labor.
When to visit a doctor?
It is important to keep the doctor informed about any bleeding that may have occurred at any stage of the pregnancy. A woman should carefully note details such as the type of bleeding, its texture, whether it included any tissue or clots, other symptoms such as pain and dizziness To work out what is the causing the bleeding, you may need to have a vaginal or pelvic examination, an ultrasound scan or blood tests and according to the cause and how many weeks pregnant you are it would be advised whether you need to be admitted to hospital or not and further treatment would be planned and advised.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!