Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajshekharYour feedback matters!
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding.
Related Tip: 4 Worst Foods Ever To Feed Your Baby!
I am a breastfeeding mother of 9 month old. I have PCOs and looking to reduce weight. Can I drink detoxing Sassy Water while breastfeeding?
Hello doctors, please help me, what is Giardiasis infection, is it very serious? My 1 year old son passes stool after every meal so it counts 4-6 times a day from past 7 months.
Y can not you doctors understand I am saying na I am nit having milk suggest some ways to feed my baby through bottle.
My sister's baby's age 41 days. His vaccination (PENTAVALENT +OPV1) is on 06.04. 2016. When can he be given ROTAVIRUS 1 Vaccine?
My daughter is not feeling hunger properly, tried many home remedies, but did not helped. Please suggest.
My 6 year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
Yes I try to give her solid food. But she spits it out. I can't give a big mouth rice. 4 to 6 grains of rice that's all she chew. More quantities if I give her she spit it out. She doesn't want to eat bread, cheeses curd and many more things if I give her. Even banana I have to fed her. If I ask her to hold the banana she will. Never do that. What should i do for her?
5 practical ways to boost your child's immunity
Children are as vulnerable as they are adorable. Their immune system is not as strong as that of adults, so they are easy victims to environment borne diseases like cold, cough, influenzas and other infections. Here are 5 practical and easy ways in which you can boost your child's immunity and make sure that your role as a parent is sufficiently fulfilled.
1. Decide judiciously what he is supposed to eat and drink
Your child's daily diet must contain a lot of fruits, vegetables, juices, organic foods and proteins. Healthy fats like butter, pastured eggs, coconut etc. Are also essential as they help in absorbing important vitamins like vitamins a, d, e, k and others. Even your child's water intake should be at an optimal level. Processed food and excessive sugar intake should be avoided as they add to your child's calorie count.
2. Get your child to exercise
Regular exercise is a must. It may include running, swimming, jumping or simply strolling. Screen time should be limited as much as possible as those video games and i-pads are robbing your child of his immunity. Make sure your child spends a few hours outside in the sun so as to absorb vitamin d that is obtained from sunlight, for his immunity.
3. Ensure a clean and hygienic environment for your child
You must make sure that that your child learns to keep himself clean. Teach him to wash his hands whenever necessary and tell him not to sneeze and cough in a way that spreads germs. Maintain a clean and healthy environment in and around your home but make sure that you don't shoo away the good bacteria that prevent diseases.
4. Cut down the stress levels of your child
It is very important for you to recognise and eliminate stress from your child's life to ensure immunity for him. Do not force your will upon your child and let him follow his heart. Help him relax if he is stressed and talk to him patiently about things that are worrying him. Maintain a healthy and loving environment in your family to help your child grow.
5. Ensure you child gets adequate rest
Make sure that your child gets adequate amount of comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your child understand the benefits of sleeping early. This not only increases his/her immunity but also helps him/her to stay attentive and focussed.
My son is 2.5 month, initially as I had flat nipple so I was using artificial nipple to feed my baby. But now he is not ready to feed directly. Is it safe to make him feed with artificial nipple until he breast feed? Does it affect his gum and disturb teething process? Is there any option to make him feed directly?
My son is born with microtia one ear had not completely developed outside his age is 2.5 years now can you guide me whom should I meet and what the best age to start treatment he can hear clearly.
Many a times parents do not stop/ignore unacceptable behaviors in the initial stages, this may lead to increased frequency and higher intensity of misconduct. Nip the bad behavior in the bud.