Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajshekharYour feedback matters!
My baby was 6 month running my baby is crying to feed milk what happen Doctor Mere beti milk peene samay bahot zoor zoor se chilari aur peshab bhi karleri iski kya vaja hosakthi Doctor please answer.
This is a message or an important information to convey you, though I know that you love your children the most, but there are certain real facts, if you are unaware then, this tip will help you think and judge to save your children from leading a spoiled life. In fact I know that all of you do expect their children to lead a happy, good and a peaceful life, but you miss certain facts because of your busy schedule and commitments.
- Having children brings an increased sense of meaning into family life. Gives parents the reason for living, though there is marital conflict as well.
- Motherhood is by very nature a" giving job" because a mother's love and care is expressed physically (hug, kiss, touch), emotionally (laugh, cry and smile), mentally and spiritually to their children.
- Nurturing of the mother and how much time she gives to her child is very important, because the way the child is cared, loved and trained will make the child the best citizen of the country and to the society as well with all the good qualities.
- It puts too much pressure on your kids. Being a kid is really hard, because a kid is very innocent and helpless, because they cannot do, think or judge what is good and what is bad when they are too young.
- Their family are their blood relatives (parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles who are blood relatives of their parents are their role models, heroes and heroines in their life, which they tend to dream and react when they observe.
Do you remember parents? the society you lived was safe and not very bad as these days. Your childhood days was much safer than what it is now.
- Do not believe a 3rd person (maid/caretaker) to be the body guard/security to your innocent child to take care or teach them in a positive way.
- Good relationship with each and every kid is very very important so do not leave your kid in the hands of a 3rd person, who will handle them in a very sadist or cruel way physically abuse, or verbally abuse or at least emotionally or mentally.
- Do not run behind money then, you will lose your kid's happiness, peace and good future.
- Maid/caretaker will shatter your dreams and your kid will be a spoiled kid with all the bad qualities and bad habits, which you may or may not be aware of.
- Kids almost of all age groups do need privacy, while passing urine or even when passing faeces. They are more comfortable only with their close relatives to help them clean or handle them in this situation and not a third person, maid, or a caretaker. Though they cannot communicate, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- When left with a maid/caretaker or a 3rd person, they are forced in a situation to watch videos, pictures or television not suitable to their age so just imagine what will be registered in your kid's mind at a very young age and what will be the impact be in the future
- Maid/caretaker or a 3rd person may be of good nature or may not be. When they are left alone to handle your poor little kids who are helpless enough to say" no daddy or no mummy, I want you to be with me, because I am afraid to stay without you, I do not want this 3rd person. I very badly want you mom and dad please" they do cry and crave for you parents if not communicated, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- The maid's/a caretaker's or a 3rd person's character or mood or emotions tend to change because of selfishness, lack of humanity or jealousy, because of these nature, the way they handle your little one would-be very bad, which will definitely spoil your child to the maximum extent they can.
I would like to convey through this health feed that.
" please do not run behind money, which will not bring peace or happiness in your life when your kid is spoiled, internally depressed and tortured emotionally without your knowledge when left in the hands of a wrong person.
- My advice would be that any one of the parents should stay along with them or at least their close aunt or grandparents, till the kid is able to communicate well with you about their experiences or emotions to you. If you think your life, world and happiness is your kid then, do not leave them under the care or in the hands of a wrong person.
- Do allow your kids to grow with their loved ones, good environment, and give them the privacy and their rights.
- Their rights and need is they want only your love, care and security.
- Save your kid by sacrificing your wants or desires for them by staying along with them till they are old enough to handle themselves.
- The way they are brought up or grown up will make them a good citizen to the country and a good person to the society with all the good qualities.
- Respect your child's rights and privacy.
Hi. I m blessed with a Baby Girl! Glad to see wonderful doctors here As we will be purchasing all baby products like shampoo, soap, creams etc. What is the best brand to go with? Also regarding baby food products, brand advise needed. Hope to get quick response on above. Thanks a lot for Lybrate for staying connected.
Now my baby is 5 month old. I have low Brest milk if I eat more vegetables or fruits also having same problem pls suggest it is there any tablet or any home remedy.
Kirunal - 240 SoftGels (500 mg), the ratio is 4: 1 EPA to DHA. My daughter is five and half years old, she is very hyperactive. She can't stand and walk Can I give her Kirunal - 240 SoftGels (500 mg) Capsules.?If yes. Please suggest the daily dosage. Thanks,
Is it fine to introduce liquid diet to 3 months baby as breastfeeding is insufficient for my baby's need?
Hello Sir/mam My son is 9 months old. He has cold and cough. From back some days he caught by cold and cough many times. What should I do? Will it cure without medicines? One more question is that, is it necessary to give multivitamin or vitamin drops to the child. Which and when. Thanks.
Hello doctors, My baby boy had developed very flatten head due to my careless nature. :(had not taken the proper care. I had a normal delivery, He is 3 months 25 days old. It looks very wired in shape from front view his head looks like "D" shape. Now n very worried about him coz he is having big head. Now don't know what to do n what not..! Pata nahi ye kb Thik hoga n kb nahi ya aisa hi rahega :(plzz doctor's please clear my doubts n suggest some method to correct his head shape please. N ofcousre I don't want give him hamlet kinda thing. So please help to clear my doubts n suggest me suggestion.
My daughter is 6 month old. She got high fever. After doing blood test cpr was 104. After 3 days increase to 271. Then came to know that she has brain infection by CSF. Please advice what could be the reason for this ?
To all parents and even grandparents, as well as teachers, here are some unbelievably simple parenting ideas that work.
1. Children need a minimum of eight touches during a day to feel connected to a parent.
If they are going through a particularly challenging time, it as a minimum of 12 a day. This doesn't have to be a big deal; it could be the straightening of a collar, a pat on the shoulder or a simple hug.
2. Each day, children need one meaningful eye-to-eye conversation with a parent.
It is especially important for babies to have that eye contact, but children of all ages need us to slow down and look them in the eyes.
3. There are nine minutes during the day that have the greatest impact on a child:
The first three minutes right after they wake up
The three minutes after they come home from school
The last three minutes of the day before they go to bed
We need to make those moments special and help our children feel loved.
These are simple, right? nothing really earth-shattering here.
1 whenever you feel like scolding or beating your child, take a deep breath, or count 1-10 and then act.
2 let's ask them to study their favorite subject on their own.
3 send them to one exam without studying at all.
4 remember what our kids are learning in 5th std is taught to 7th std abroad.
5 let's keep our kids out of the unwanted competition.
6 80% of what kids are learning, won't be useful to them in future.
7 our kids can really afford to do whatever they want to do in future.
8 higher degrees don't guaranty success and happiness.
9 not all the highly educated people do well professionally.
And not all who do well professionally are the happiest ones.
10 kids are always in a party mood. Don't spoil their childhood. Support and let them be what they want to be.
Pass this on to as many teachers and parents as you can.
And change the way we look at our kids and their future.
I have again done the stool test of my child. My child is 1 month 22 days old. The stool test report is as under: Colour- Yellow with Reddish streak. Consistency: Semisolid, Odour: Offensive, Mucus (), Reaction: Ph 6.0, Occult Blood: Positive (ve), RBC: 6-8/Hpf, Pus Cells: 2-3/ Hpf, Bacteria flora: Normal, Veg Cells, Starch, Fat globules are Nil. We see some little drops of blood in his stool when he passes stool most of time. Dr. (Pediatrician) advised us to go surgeon for checking the cause of stool. What can we do now? Why there is blood in his stool and what is his problem. My child is normal habitual and his body temperature is also normal. He is only breastfed.
My 2 Months baby boy taking bottle feeding(Mother Milk not coming).He is taking NanPro1(Suggested by Doctor). Right now we are using only D3 drops. Some times he is feeling uneasy, is there any medicine for digestion. Please suggest me
My daughter is suffering bed wetting almost two / three days weekly for last 6 months. She is 15 years and didn't reveal it being ashamed of facing doctor. Please help.
My baby girl is 1 year 3 month old. Can she eat almond, walnut, cashewnut. Can I give her junior horlics.
My grand daughter is 4 months old, she rejects breast feeding for last 10 days (nursing strike), kindly what can be the reason, what's the remedy?
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
CHILD PSYCHIATRY: Attention Deficit Disorders
Attention deficit disorder is characterized by the main features of distractibility, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. It occurs in both children and adults, and interferes with the person's ability to function normally in their day-to-day activities, such as work, school, and at home. While we do not yet fully understand the causes behind these problems, there are many readily available and effective treatments for attention deficit problems.
Diagnosing this disorder can be difficult since it is common for many people to have some of the symptoms of this disorder to some degree, such as difficulty paying attention or being easily distracted. Also, some of the symptoms of ADHD can manifest as anxiety or depression. Therefore, prevalence rates for this disorder are difficult to precisely pin down. However, according to recent epidemiological statistics, approximately 4 percent of the population has ADHD. About one-half to two-thirds of children who are diagnosed will continue to have some difficulties with ADHD during their adulthood.
The diagnosis of ADHD or ADD cannot be done online. This informational resource can help you better understand these problems and give you more confidence when contacting a mental health professional for appropriate treatment.
It is normal for children to be easily distracted at various stages throughout their development for short periods of time. Most children grow out of such stages naturally on their own. Do not become alarmed if you find that you or your child may match many of the symptoms listed -- this is likely one of the most overly diagnosed mental health problems today.
In order for ADHD or ADD to be diagnosed properly, it is important that the problems to be noted happen in multiple settings, that they have been consistently observed for 6 months or longer, and that many such symptoms of lack of attention, impulsivity, or hyperactivity are easily apparent.
We have developed the information here to act as a comprehensive guide to help you better understand the symptoms, causes, and treatments for attention deficit problems, whether you're an adult or a child. We've developed this resource to help you discover more information about these problems on your own.
manifest themselves in a manner and degree that is inconsistent with the child's current developmental level. That is, the child's behavior is significantly more inattentive or hyperactive than that of his or her peers of a similar age.
Attention deficit disorder (with or without hyperactivity) is known by a cluster of co-occurring behavioral symptoms. Check to see if any of these symptoms sound familiar to you.
ADHD or ADD is characterized by a majority of the following symptoms being present in either category (inattention or hyperactivity). These symptoms need to manifest themselves in a manner and degree that is inconsistent with the child's current developmental level. That is, the child's behavior is significantly more inattentive or hyperactive than that of his or her peers of a similar age.
Symptoms of Inattention:
§ often fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities
§ often has difficulty sustaining attention in tasks or play activities
§ often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly
§ often does not follow through on instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace (not due to oppositional behavior or failure to understand instructions)
§ often has difficulty organizing tasks and activities
§ often avoids, dislikes, or is reluctant to engage in tasks that require sustained mental effort (such as schoolwork or homework)
§ often loses things necessary for tasks or activities (e.g., toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools)
§ is often easily distracted by extraneous stimuli
§ is often forgetful in daily activities
Symptoms of Hyperactivity:
§ often fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat
§ often leaves seat in classroom or in other situations in which remaining seated is expected
§ often runs about or climbs excessively in situations in which it is inappropriate (in adolescents or adults, may be limited to subjective feelings of restlessness)
§ often has difficulty playing or engaging in leisure activities quietly
§ is often "on the go" or often acts as if "driven by a motor"
§ often talks excessively
Symptoms of Impulsivity:
§ often blurts out answers before questions have been completed
§ often has difficulty awaiting turn
§ often interrupts or intrudes on others (e.g., butts into conversations or games)
Symptoms must have persisted for at least 6 months. Some of these symptoms need to have been present as a child, at 7 years old or younger. The symptoms also must exist in at least two separate settings (for example, at school and at home). The symptoms should be creating significant impairment in social, academic or occupational functioning or relationships.
There are three variations in which this disorder is diagnosed.
§ Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Combined Type: when both criteria for A1 and A2 are met for the past 6 months.
§ Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Predominantly Inattentive Type: when criterion A1 is met but Criterion A2 is not met for the past 6 months.
§ Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Predominantly Hyperactive-Impulsive Type: when criterion A2 is met but criterion A1 is not met for the past 6 months.