Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajendra Prakash PYour feedback matters!
I am 51 years male, for the last three years my glucose level varies from 140 to 180 fasting, what should I do.
Early in the morning I am having Almonds, Dry dates and Dry grapes as a break fast to avoid Premature ejaculation. Can it will be helpful for me and how many months I have to continue this and any side effects for having daily the above mentioned dry fruits? For your information: I am 28 years old male.
Im suffering from loss of appetite and digestive disorder. For this reason i'm very thin, and weak. Please tell me any remedies to increase digestive power and appetite.
Akal daad aa rhi hai kafi suzan hai mooh band nhi ho paa raha jisse khana nhi kha paa rahe koi bestmedicine bataye jisse suzan or pain kam ho.
My father is suffering from mitral valve stenosis & doctor has suggested to replace the valve So which valve is better for him either mechanical or biological please give the suggestions to me please.
Peyronie's disease is a problem predominantly found in 3-9% of adult men, especially after 40 years of age. In the disease, a scar tissue is formed in the outer layer of the penis called Tunica Albuginea. Scar tissue is a just plaque inside the penis.
Peyronie's disease causes the penis to bend sideways or upwards and can make sex become difficult due to deformity and erection may be a painful process. It is usually associated with erectile dysfunctions, severe anxiety and reduced testosterone levels. It is worth noting that there are treatments for Peyronie's disease, however, the pain often goes away on its own, generally, in 6-18 months of onset, but the deformity stays.
Here is everything you need to know about this disease:
It is not known exactly what causes Peyronie's disease, however, there are some factors, which make it more likely than others. Here are those factors:
- Trauma: This is the most common factor which causes Peyronie's disease. It is believed that when someone suffers from tiny bleeding of the penis, which is very common in patients of Diabetes, the plaque starts to build up. The injury or trauma, which causes the bleeding may go unnoticed as well.
- Genes: Genes are also a possible cause of Peyronie's disease.
The symptoms of Peyronie's disease vary, such as:
- Pain on Erection: There is usually pain in erection during the initial phase.
- Bent penis: When the penis becomes hard before sex, it may bend downwards or sideways by more than 15 degree, so the vaginal entry becomes impossible or is painful for the partner.
- Scars: Tissue may form on other parts of the body, as well including the hand and feet. In fact, it has been said that men who have scarring in the hand, which affect the fingers are more likely to contract the disease as well.
One may see extensive scarring in hands in a disease called Dupuytren's Contracture.
- Wait & Watch: It is worth noting the acute phase with pain is treated by wait and watch, controlling contributory factors like diabetes, low testosterone and psychogenic factors. Antioxidants are useful. Large number of cases are relieved of the pain in 1 to 1.5 years.
- Intralesional injection: If the bend is significant enough to interfere in sexual functioning, It can be treated by injecting medicines in the plaque. The medicine, Xiaflex is currently not available in India and other medicines given are not very effective.
- Surgery: This is a last option when Peyronie's disease has not gone on it's own and medicines are not helping either. The two most common procedures performed are removing the plaque and putting a tissue graft in its place and also removing the tissue opposite the plaque to counter the bending effect. The results are fairly good.
Going for a Penile implant is the last option, which is a permanent solution and is commonly done in India. And, the success rate for Penile implant is also very high.
The medical term for protein leak in urineis commonly known as Nephrosis and if large amounts leak it is termed Nephrotic Syndrome. It can lead to kidney failure if not treated well mostly after seeing a kidney biopsy in adults. There are a lot of likely causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long term treatment and done mainly to prevent kidney failure. The treatment for Nephrosis is to control protein leak and prevent kidney failure. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about the nine things they should do to stay strong.
Important information on kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness on occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor must be followed by an individual suffering from Kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to keep your kidney healthy and stay away from any damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be mindful on everything you eat, and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from Chronic Kidney Disease, the blood values become very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood regularly, and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can ask help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system in times of need and so involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the proper care you need, and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You will feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep your heart healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as a positive feeling would eventually help face the kidney disease. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
- Most importantly, spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty.
I'm 25 years of old male having 4.7 inches pennies when it erect, I feel that I'm having very small then others, and my parents are forced me to get marry, I feel shy to say about my problem to my parent and I don't want to cheat that girl with marry. Please suggest me what I can do.
My frd is having kidney pain but we had a commitment now I want to give a urine test but if I give a urine test will any one come to know whether I have used condoms in urine test please answer me soon.
Hi sir. I am over 40 and late married. How safe is to take sex stimulant tablet available in market to have good erection. I have undergone male fertility test. All my parameters are normal. Kindly assist me on this issue.
I am 35 years old male and I have skin allergy at both side ankle of both legs. I don't feel pain over there but my skin color is changing which is looking very ugly. I am unable to use chappal or shorts, because it looks dark brown and ugly. I have used some lotions and creams as advised by a skin specialist. But there was no result. Please suggest some solution.
I am having cough from last 4-5 days. It is type of continue cough with balgam (बलगम. Please advice something. Also I am having gas problem.
I have cold fever for about 1 month. Few days ago I take medicine cetrizine and cure for some days. But again started. What should I do?
I am having headache for the last two days with eyes feeling heavy. And weakness in body. Cough and cold also.
Sinus disease leads to chronic illness reducing the productivity of life grossly for years. Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition.
I get sneezing everyday in the morning. I have tonsils too. Which type of diet I should take to prevent my tonsils.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), also called hyperandrogenic anovulation (HA), or Stein?Leventhal syndrome, is one of the most common endocrinedisorders among women. PCOS has a diverse range of causes that are not entirely understood, but there is evidence that it is largely a genetic disease.
PCOS produces symptoms in approximately 5% to 10% of women of reproductive age (approximately 12 to 45 years old). It is thought to be one of the leading causes offemale subfertility and the most frequent endocrine problem in women of reproductive age. Finding that the ovaries appear polycystic on ultrasound is common, but it is not an absolute requirement in all definitions of the disorder.
The most common immediate symptoms are anovulation, excess androgenic hormones, and insulin resistance. Anovulation results in irregular menstruation,amenorrhea, and ovulation-related infertility. Hormone imbalance generally causes acne and hirsutism. Insulin resistance is associated with obesity, type 2 diabetes, andhigh cholesterol levels.The symptoms and severity of the syndrome vary greatly among those affected.
PCOS is a heterogeneous disorder of uncertain cause.
The severity of PCOS symptoms appears to be largely determined by factors such as obesity.
PCOS has some aspects of a metabolic disorder, since its symptoms are partly reversible. Even though considered as a gynecological problem, PCOS consists of 28 clinical symptoms.
Even though the name suggests that the ovaries are the cornerstone of disease pathology, cysts are a symptom instead of the cause of the disease. Some symptoms of PCOS will persist even if both ovaries are removed; the disease can appear even if cysts are absent. Since its first description by Stein and Leventhal in 1935, the criteria of diagnosis, symptoms, and causative factors are subject to debate. Gynecologists often see it as a gynecological problem, with the ovaries being the primary organ affected. However, recent insights show a multisystem disorder, with the primary problem lying in hormonal regulation in the hypothalamus, with the involvement of many organs. The name PCOD is used when there is ultrasonographic evidence. The term PCOS is used since there is a wide spectrum of symptoms possible, and cysts in the ovaries are seen only in 15% of people.
PCOS may be related to or exacerbated by exposures during the prenatal period, epigenetic factors, environmental impacts (especially industrial endocrine disruptors such as bisphenol A and certain drugs) and the increasing rates of obesity.
Not everyone with PCOS has polycystic ovaries (PCO), nor does everyone with ovarian cysts have PCOS; although a pelvic ultrasound is a major diagnostic tool, it is not the only one.
DIET AND MANAGEMENT:
The primary treatments for PCOS include: lifestyle changes, medications and surgery.
Goals of treatment may be considered under four categories:
Lowering of insulin resistance levels
Restoration of fertility
Treatment of hirsutism or acne
Restoration of regular menstruation, and prevention of endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial cancer
General interventions that help to reduce weight or insulin resistance can be beneficial for all these aims, because they address what is believed to be the underlying cause.
As PCOS appears to cause significant emotional distress.
If you are overweight, weightloss may be all the treatment you need. A small amount of weight loss is likely to help balance your hormones and start up your menstrual cycle and ovulation.
Eat a balanced diet that includes lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products.
Get regular exercise to help you control or lose weight and feel better.
If you smoke, consider quitting.
Modern science has no remedy for PCOS. They have been looking at Alternative therapies for treatment. The chinese system of medicine believe PCOS is coneected to the liver. Ayurveda believes that PCOS is a Kapha disease.
Homeopathy/Biochemistry is a complete system that can treat this system and help the woman realise her dream. Your homeopath/Biochemist will take a complete casetaking and will arrive at the right remedy after going through your symptoms. Some of the important remedies in PCOS are:
Apis mellifica, Aurum iodatum, Calcarea carbonica, Colocynthis, Kali bromicum, Phosphorus, Thuja occidentalis.