Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Ybrate 200 When I am doing brushing on teeth then why little bit water comes from gums can you pls tell me how I stop it? Thats why it takes 30-40 minutes time on brushing.
I am 26 years old and I am having gum bleeding when I brush my teeth. Do me a favor by suggesting me.
Hello. My mother is having burps problem. It comes from mouth and once it gets started then it is difficult to stop without any medicine. What to do?
I am thinking for lasik surgery and I want to know does having an oral cavity affects lasik surgery or not? Please help with this at the earliest.
I have some Low pain in my under teeth and I don't know what I do to relax this pain please give me a home made solution for my pain please help me.
Hii, iam 25 years old girl, I hv yellow teeth nd wht shud I do to get rid off, from some blog I hv read it, we can use strawberry scrub or lemon juice, please tell from where I can get it nd how we shud use it, or whatever you tell, tell me in proper way, iam using dabur lal paste bt no result, which toothpaste is best?
I feel no taste of salt on tounge, from last week. But when I eat food having extra salt than I feel a little now a days. What can I do.
I am 36years female my teeth gone in accident when I'm 12years of age so I fixed duplicate teeth at the age of 18years since from 10years skin is growing on my front duplicate teeth every time I'm removing but again it is regrowing give solution.
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!
Hello doctor, my dad want to set up duplicate teeth. Can you tell me how much cost to setup a duplicate teeth?
Replacing the damaged, decayed tooth with an artificial one on an artificial tooth root is known as Dental Implant. In this procedure, the lost root is replaced by a compatible metal, on which a tooth crown is then built. In dental implants, sound tooth are not touched for support, unlike in root canal and extraction.
Mechanism of Dental Implant:
A strong, biocompatible material is used to make screws, which are inserted into the bone. Titanium is the most preferred material, and because of its unique property of osseo-integration (fuses with the bone), it fuses with the bone to reduce bone loss after the tooth is gone. In most cases, the titanium screws, which act as the root for the implants are placed into the bone and allowed for some weeks to few months to fuse with the bone. Then, an interim crown may be used until the screw is ready to take on an implant.
The screw is periodically monitored and once it is completely accepted, then an abutment is placed on it. This acts like a stump or a root, over which a crown will be placed. Though most implants are done for replacing single teeth, in many cases, multiple teeth may be replaced using abutments. If the missing teeth are adjacent to each other or in the same quadrant, then a denture might be overlaid over the abutments. Alternately, a partial denture may be used which is screwed over an abutment.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Eating becomes comparatively easier with implants rather than sliding dentures, because they function like your own teeth
- Unlike removable dentures, implants are much more comforting as well as convenient
- Better overall appearance of teeth, since they are made to fuse with the bone
- Higher self-esteem as you will feel better about yourself
Generally, dental implants have a very impressive success rate (up to 98%). This can differ, however, based on the placement of the implants.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.