Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajendhraYour feedback matters!
Fact: Scaling removes tartar and keeps teeth and gums healthy. Scaling and deep cleaning of gums prevent the problem of bad breath and bleeding gums. Thus, scaling is beneficial for teeth and gums. One should get professional cleaning done by a dentist with a proper ultrasonic scaler. Also, getting extensive scaling (more than required) done is harmful.
Myth 2: Only sugar causes cavities
Fact: Cavities occur when bacteria produce acids in the mouth. The process can begin by any carbohydrate that you consume. That includes sugar, fruits, vegetables, rice and bread. To reduce chances of tooth decay, one should not only practice good dental care but also limit the intake of acidic products.
Myth 3: Teeth whitening is harmful as it damages enamel
Fact: Technique like zoom whitening works by exfoliating stains from one's teeth to lighten them and bring back their natural colour. It is the simplest and safest procedure as a product is used by dentists that is devoid of bleaching agents and chemicals.
Myth 4: Brushing your bleeding gums is bad
Fact: Brushing is not only good on teeth, but also on your gums and tongue. Brushing these areas helps get rid of plaque which is what causes inflammation and eventually gum disease. One should not brush too hard if they have sensitive gums. One must not use a hard toothbrush on bleeding gums.
Myth 5: Using sugarless chewing gum after meal can replace brushing
Fact: Nothing can replace proper brushing technique. And in case you want to use sugarless chewing gum do not chew it for more than 10 minutes.
I am 30 years old male. I have been facing problem with my gums. The gum which holds molar teeth in the right side inside my mouth, pains a lot. I have been facing this many times now. Recently I am facing the pain again and while brushing my gums bleed also. Because of this pain I am unable to eat or chew my food. Please advice me what should i do?
Mujhe gum bleeding ka problem hai, & smelling. 4 years se. Mai Dr. Se bhi mila aur scalling & medicines liye but jab tak medicine leta hu to thik rehta h fir bleeding aana start ho jata h. Morning me so ke uthne ke bad. Tounge pe blood store hua rehta h. Please help me.
Hai I am 26 years old, in an accident I lost my teeth, I heard that we can regenerate teeth using stemcells of wisdom tooth, is it possible, if it is possible how much the cost will be per tooth.
Hello, My Son is 14 months old and not a single teeth has come. What should I do is there any treatment? Please Reply.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.