Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Vijaykumar Menon
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev Vijaykumar MenonYour feedback matters!
I am aged 73 yrs. Having BP/Diabetes for quiet sometime .Under medication for this. Of late BP is fluctuating in range 160-70/153-68. Besides swelling in the Ankles/legs is present during day time, but subsides during night. Request your advice for above problems.
I am 36 years old, I have pain in esophagus and both side of chest pain some times stomach pain what should I do?
I am 55 years old and having knee pain for the last 6 months of so, I am also diabetic for the last 7 years and also suffering from hypertension. please tell me what should I do for knee pain & hypertension?
Dear doctor. My lipid profile is improving but still not good. I want to improve it. I am male 50 years old with bmi 23.5. Today I got tested. Cholesterol 175 mg/dl. Triglyceride 244, hdl: 39, ldl 90, vldl 49. What shall I adopt to eat and physical activity. Whether pranayam, kapalbhati & anulomvilom will be helpful. I am eating ginger & garlic in small quantity in empty stomach to improve these. What will you suggest me.
I am 39 year old male.Ht 170 wt 82. Taking medicines for cholesterol and hypertension (under control). I qm having piles (~ for past one month). what would be the tratment options for me.
I am 34 years of age and overweight. And I have high triglyceride 188 seen in the lipid profile test. cholesterol levels are normal. I have prescribed fenofibrate 200 mg once a day. Please guide me that 200 mg is necessary or 160 mg per day can be taken instead of 200 mg.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.