Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajannaYour feedback matters!
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.
My daughter is 4 months old now, my question is related to her vaccinations. We have given DTwP2/DTaP 2/ IPV 2/ Hib 2/ Rotavirus 2 Dtd 27.01.2015 , one vaccination which is PCV2 was pending as doctor told that they cannot prick 2 injections on one leg at same day. The due date for PCV2 was 17.02.2015 as prescribed by the doctor of Metro MAS hospitals, Jaipur where she was born. However , now we have shifted to Delhi and upon consultation of BLK hospital , they advised not to prick the third injection on 17.02.2015 as it is not recommended, kindly advise me to get the vaccination before 30 days . Kindly advise as the vaccination is still pending.
My baby age 8months old , baby growth is not that much past, now baby weight is 4.5 kgs. When baby born time 1.8 kgs. Can you please help me on how i can handle my by growth?
My baby age 11 months not slept in day time like other kids, he sleep 15 mins in evary sleep in day time twice. May I know the reason?
My daughter is having loose motion for 3 days. Oflo m is been give 3.5 ml twice for 3 days. The frequency has reduced but the motions are still on. please suggest.
I have taken amoxicillin cetrizine after that breast milk production is less. Plus suggest how to increase the production.
My baby is presently 3 & half years old and I believe she got some psychological shortfall in her attitude as she behaves very unusual frequently wherever she belongs, irrespective at home or school or elsewhere. We, parents are deeply concerned about her ongoing. Nothing got productive even to see a specialist doctor. She always used to say" nothing feel well (kuch achha nehi lag raha hai)" despite presenting various mind game. Such a small kid & with such a manner looks very unimpressive and uncomfortable indeed! Feeding to her is the most awkward and troublesome job to us. The most crazy thing is that she used to cry and shout (bizarre) almost throughout the day which makes us anxiety and thus may lead to break her health. Nothing around us can make her anger/obstinacy/ irritation/impatience in control. FYI, nobody of our predecessors was hailed such kind of characteristics nor presently we belong. Our baby is everything to us, so please advise how to coup up with this situation and how to keep well my baby in the days coming. Is it curable or else need to treat other way? Thanking you with regards,
My child is getting loose motion since 2days and he is uncomfortable feeling n he is having zincris syrup and ondem n prygesic as per Dr. child age 14mths.
My baby is 3 years old n she suck her thumb, when she feel sleep or any free time n after sleep so, what can we do now for this habit.
In medical terms it is also called as nocturnal enuresis. Bed wetting is involuntary urination in children while asleep.
It's more than twice as prevalent in boys as it is in girls and more likely if parents suffered from bed wetting when young. 44% of parents of children who wet the bed reported that their child had (lack of energy, reduced attention span, low-self esteem, depression).
Visit or search for ssohm on internet for more tips and information on various diseases.