Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hi, My 3 years old son is feeling very lazy these days. His weight is 13 kg and was very active kid but now he keeps lying on beds or couch. He also wants less now and often complains of backache. Is there something to worry about?
Born baby on 4 mar16 discharged on 6 mar16. Checked by paediatric on 4 mar. On 7mar other doctor advised test in bilirubin found 30.6. Is this possible in a day. Or first doctor failed 2 diagnose. Baby was hospitalized for blood transfusion. Kindly advise.
I am looking for a good dentist. My son who is 3.5 years old, has carries in front teeth. Is that curable?
I want to give my 1 year baby cow milk. Please let me know which variety of nandini can be given to her. I stay in bangalore
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.
Child age 2 years months. He will not eat food. He will not go toilet daily. So please tell me for this remedy.
My son is bulky and is over weight as he is 10+ of age suggest me to lose his weight pls. I am not willing to use any medicine for him.
My 3 months old baby has chest congestion. His nose is not stuffy or runny. He is taking breastfeed properly. His chest make sound when he coughed. Doctor gave maxtra drops and asthalin syrup. I am also giving steam by placing water nearby him . What else I can do for him ?
I have been suffering from cold and mucous congestion from 3 year. It could not be cured. But when I stop drinking milks and sweats it has got less. But now I have problem of block nose even if I don't have cold. I can breathe through one nose only .it is very difficult to live with one nose breathing .and also pressure is created in head I can't hear properly due to ear blockage from cold .please tell me what to do now?
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar
Children are small adult's,talk to them with respect and respect their arguments ,likes dislikes,their self respect.Never ever undermine them.
My kid is 7 months old now and I wish to nurse him at least for 6 more months. I feel there is a reduction in milk quantity. Started taking Galact granules 2 months back but did not find it boost the milk supply. Please suggest diet to increase milk supply.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My daughter age 1years 1 month still not start standing properly by her own. What is the best remedies so she could be strong.
Afrezza - the only inhaled insulin for diabetes.
Afrezza® is an inhaled human insulin indicated to help improve glycemic control in adults with diabetes mellitus.
Afrezza is a rapid-acting, inhaled insulin used to control high blood sugar in adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The product consists of a dry formulation of human insulin delivered from a small and portable inhaler.
Administered at the beginning of a meal, afrezza dissolves rapidly upon inhalation to the lung and delivers insulin quickly to the bloodstream. Peak insulin levels are achieved within 12–15 minutes of administration. Afrezza is available in 4-unit and 8-unit single dose cartridges of insulin powder that can be used, as prescribed by a health care professional, in combination with other diabetes medications to achieve target blood sugar levels. For afrezza doses exceeding 8 units, patients may use a combination of 4 unit and 8 unit cartridges. Other sizes of cartridges are being considered. The disposable inhaler can be used for up to 15 days, should be kept in a clean, dry place with the mouthpiece cover on and may be wiped with a clean, dry cloth if needed.
Limitations of use
Do not use afrezza as a substitute for long-acting insulin;
Afrezza must be used in combination with long-acting insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes.
Do not use afrezza to treat diabetic ketoacidosis. Afrezza is not recommended in patients who smoke or who have recently stopped smoking.
Important safety information for afrezza
Warning: risk of acute bronchospasm in patients with chronic lung disease
Acute bronchospasm has been observed in patients with asthma and COPD using afrezza. Afrezza is contraindicated in patients with chronic lung disease such as asthma or copd. Before initiating afrezza, perform a detailed medical history, physical examination, and spirometry (FEV1) to identify potential lung disease in all patients.
Do not use afrezza if you have problems with your lungs, such as asthma or COPD. Do not use afrezza during a low blood sugar reaction (hypoglycemia). If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in afrezza, do not use afrezza as this may cause a significant and severe allergic reaction.
Afrezza patient starter kit