Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rajalingam VairagyamYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm from Hassan Karnataka. My weight is 58 kgs. As compared to other parts my lower stomach is very big. I tried many things but no use from that. I'm drinking green tea also. But I should not see any difference. I requested you to suggest me that how to reduce my stomach.
Hair fall is very frequent and even dandruff is more. How to control it? Please give your valuable suggestion. And also how to improve vision of eyes.
Man should never kiss or lick with tongue her wife vagina because it can cause infection. True or False. If I wanted to do so, how can I go for that without having infection. What had to be done by my wife for achieving above objectives.
Whe I ride a bike after some time my eyes are paining so what should I do so please suggest any answer.
I have sight and I don't use spectacles but my eyesight power was increased how to control it self tell me doctor.
Do you spend long hours in front of the computer? If you do, you may be experiencing eye strain on a regular basis. Eye strain is a common problem and is characterised by fatigue, decreased productivity, red eyes and eye twitching. You can get rid of eye strain by making use of any one of these simple tips.
1. Ensure that your workplace has correct lighting
Often eye strain occurs as a result of improper lighting. This can be caused by exposure to bright sunlight coming in from the windows and doors or excessively dazzling indoor lights. You can avoid extra lights by keeping blinds or shades closed and by avoiding high-intensity bulbs or fluorescent lights. Alternatively, opting for incandescent or halogen lighting can be beneficial.
2. Minimise glare
You can install an anti-glare screen on the monitor of your computer to minimise glare. Keep the windows covered to reduce glare caused by outdoor sources.
3. Modify the display settings of your computer
You can modify the display settings of your computer in the following manner to reduce eye strain:
• Brightness-Set the brightness of the display to a level, which equals the brightness of your workplace.
• Text size and contrast-Modify the text size and contrast according to the comfort level of your eyes. For most people, black text colour on a white background ensures minimum eye strain and maximum convenience.
• Colour temperature- The spectrum of visible light, which a colour display usually emits is its colour temperature. Blue light is considered to cause more eye strain. So, you should decrease the colour temperature to minimize the amount of blue light emitted by your computer’s display.
4. Try some eye exercises
You can practise some easy eye exercises to prevent your eyes from getting tired. Try staring at a distant object for 10-15 seconds and then looking at any nearby object for another 10-15 seconds. Return your gaze to the first object. Repeat 10 times.
5. Opt for some computer eyewear while working
Try wearing a pair of computer glasses while working. They ensure that your eyes remain correctly focussed on the computer screen, while reducing strain to a minimum. Computer glasses also prove to be very effective in diminishing glare.
6. Take short breaks at regular intervals
Apply the 20-20 rule to your work regime. After each 20 minutes of work on the computer, give your eyes a 20 second break by looking away from the screen towards any object located 20 feet away from you.
7. Go for a comprehensive eye exam
Make sure that you go for a comprehensive eye exam every year to reduce vision problems caused by computers. This will also help in detecting the root cause behind your problem, so that you can effectively employ curative or preventive measures to control eye strain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My eyes dry sometimes I used many eye drops like 1. Refresh eyes 2. Add tears 3. Misty. Etc now I using castor oil in eyes from last 2 days but still problem is their, I read on google is honey eye drops useful for dry eyes please tell me the honey eye drop recipe thank you.
I have partial tear in ACL. Grade 1 sprain in lcl and mcl. What should be done to cure it. Surgery or Physio Therapy.
Sir, kiran eye is disturbing and sometimes comes pain, at the same time drops water, eye is reading.
When I wakeup in morning my eyes irritating on left eye I am feeling something inside but nothing it was fine after sometime but now again it getting irritate.
Eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is an eye disorder where inflammation of the conjunctiva in the eyes takes place. Eye allergies are different from contagious or bacterial conjunctivitis. Eye allergies are more likely to occur during the hot, summer season. Homeopathy offers excellent treatment for eye allergies. Below listed are are some homeopathic medicines, which cure eye allergies, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed.
- Apis Mel: Apis Mel treats eye allergies characterized by a burning and stinging sensation in the eyes. Oedema accumulates around the eyes, and the eyelids become swollen and puffy. Watery discharge comes out of the eyes.
- Euphrasia: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating eye allergies where there is an acrid discharge from the eyes. The discharge is acidic and burns the skin that comes in contact with the same. Burning pain in the eyes is indicated. The eyes become watery.
- Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is an effective homeopathic medicine used in case of eye allergies with an abundant, prulent discharge. The patient develops photo phobia, and splinter like pain in the eyes is experienced. The conjunctiva swells.
- Ruta: This is a fine homeopathic medicine for treating eye allergies where there is a sensation of the presence of a foreign body in the eyes. Indicated by severe eye irritation, the patient feels something like a dust particle is stuck in his eyes. The eyes become red and painful.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is used when there is relief due to the application of cold water. Symptoms include discharge of a thick, yellow fluid from the eyes. Itching and burning is caused. The eyelids feel agglutinated.
Other than homeopathic remedies, natural, home-based remedies can be used to treat eye allergies as well. They are:
- Cold compress: Application of cold compress around the allergy affected area provides relief. Soak a cloth in cold water and apply it gently to the affected area. Chamomile tea bags can be used as cold compress.
- Cucumber: You can place round slices of cucumber over the allergy affected area on the eyes to get relief. Cucumbers contain anti-irritation properties, which help to reduce puffiness, swelling and irritation in the eyes.
- Rosewater: Rose water is an effective natural remedy for eye allergies. It soothes and cools the eyes, and makes the eyes clear. Rose water can be used as an eye drop.
- Green tea: Green tea is completely natural and gives relief to eye allergies. It soothes the eyes and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
Eye allergies are common and affect people during summer the most. They may reoccur every year. Homeopathic and natural treatment methods for eye allergies are very efficient treatment procedures. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am suffering from eye pain since 4 days, l think it is due to my over masturbation (hand pump) habit which is on process since 2 years.
The answer to this question is YES. Your child does need an eye examination at regular intervals starting from his or her birth. But the problem is that most, if not all parents don’t know this and wait for a problem to appear before taking their child to an ophthalmologist. Healthy eyes and vision determine your child’s overall development. And her eyes should be examined regularly so that vision problem like near or farsightedness, cataracts and the lazy eye can all be detected and treated early. So, vision care and eye checks should be a part of your child's routine medical care.
- Routine medical examination timing for ensuring good vision for your child are:
- As a newborn, your baby should be checked for eye health by a Paediatrician.
- If your baby is born prematurely, then retinal examination on 30th day of birth is very important to rule out Retinopathy of Prematurity which is a blinding condition
- If the child has obvious eye irregularities or there is a history of eye problems in your family, you should get your little one checked by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- In the first year of your child’s life, you must get a routine screening for your baby’s eye health.
- At 3 years, take your child for an eye health screening and visual acuity tests that measure sharpness of vision.
- Repeat the same when your child is around five years of age.
- Your child should be examined regularly after age five.
But, if the child presents with symptoms like frequent headaches and squinting, you should rush your child to an eye doctor. Your child needs an eye exam when
- He/she rubs his/her eyes constantly
- He / she suffers from extreme light sensitivity
- Has trouble focusing
- Is not able to follow an object properly with his/her eyes
- Has abnormal alignment or movement of the eyes after six months of age
- Suffers chronic redness of the eyes
- Has chronic tearing of the eyes
- Has a white pupil instead of black
If your child has started school, the signs to look out for include
- Not being unable to see objects at a distance and having trouble reading the blackboard
- Having difficulty reading
- Sitting too close while watching TV
If your child has signs of poor vision or crossed eyes or if you see signs of an eye problem like excessive watering and discharge from the eyes; have your child’s eyes examined right away.
Common eye problems
- Lazy eye or Amblyopia – If your child faces a problem of poor vision in one or both eyes. The eyes may also have a difference in the refractive error of two eyes. If untreated, amblyopia can cause irreversible visual loss in the affected eye. It is best treated before your child is eight years old.
- Strabismus - This is a misalignment of the eyes and presents as one of the eye turning in, out, up, or down. If detected early, vision in both your child’s eyes can be restored by patching the properly aligned eye, which forces the misaligned eye to work. Misaligned eye can be aligned with help of appropriate glasses, prisms, exercises or surgery
- Refractive errors - Your child can suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness. Nearsightedness is very common in school- going children. The child is not able to see faraway objects clearly in this. The ophthalmologist will tackle this with the help of spectacles or contact lenses. If caught early, eye conditions can be corrected easily hence regular eye exams are highly recommended for your child.
Your child can suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness. Nearsightedness is very common in school- going children. The child is not able to see faraway objects clearly in this. The ophthalmologist will tackle this with the help of spectacles or contact lenses. If caught early, eye conditions can be corrected easily hence regular eye exams are highly recommended for your child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.