Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Raja Sekhar Reddy.GYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 23 male suffering from neck headache when ever I over concentrate on some thing or do more work is this the symptoms of migraine? Can you please help me I am feeling panicked.
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headache of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to consult your doctor at the earliest and start medication.
I'm suffering from insomnia since last 1 year. first 1 week medicines work on me but after that no effect. I haven't sleep from last 2 weeks. Is there any solution for my situation.
I am 25 years old male. I am having pain in my left part of the head. And this pain is at a specific position. Kindly suggest the possible problem.
I have been asked to do bird dog excercises for numbness & parasthesia of feet. I am 66 yrs old, wt 94 kg with a colles fracture ( optd ). Can not do this ex. Please suggest some thing else.
I am of 21 years and I have a migraine problem please suggest me a good medicine? And How to get rid of tanned skin?
Having problems with her unconscious while having work load or if she heard death new of any person or have seen accident for that time she is facing problem with unconscious (behosh) nd both upper nd lower tooth fully stick like can't be open mouth for some tym.
My father is diagnosed with brain stroke admitted in Wockhardt Nagpur and his MRI report says - ACUTE INFARCT IN PONS & LEFT CEREBELLAR HEMISPHERE. CHRONIC LACUNAR INFARCTS IN BILATERAL CORONA RADIATA & centre SEMIOVALE. MICROVASCULAR ischemic CHANGES IN VENTRICULAR WHITE MATTER. DIFFUSE CEREBRAL ATROPHY. Please suggest the next course of action for his faster recovery. Thanks.
I faced migraine problem since many years kindly give me some solution to protect from this. Some times it should be in back side.
The human brain is a unique and intricate organ, which performs many functions both consciously and subconsciously. However, during the formation of the brain within the mother's womb, the slightest of changes can cause damage to it, which manifest in many forms after birth. One of the forms it may manifest in is Autism.
What is Autism?
Autism, sometimes also classified as part of the Autism Spectrum disorder or ASD is a disorder of brain development, which will affect a child's capability to interact socially, in communicating through verbal and nonverbal means as well as exhibit repetitive behaviors. Some severe cases of these behaviors may also result in self-harm as well.
Other than this some other characteristics may be:
- Major to minor difficulties in motor coordination
- Intellectual disabilities
- Attention problems
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep related problems among others
How homeopathy can help
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for autism. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of autism, if not outright cure it. Some of the medications that could be used to treat autism are as follows:
- Carcinosin - This is very helpful in children affected by autism who are talented, but are obsessive, compulsive, stubborn and also have sleep related issues. These children may also have addictive disorders.
- Agaricus - This medication is very good for children who may be mentally and physically awkward and show symptoms like indifference, muttering, talking, shouting or singing but not answering to direct calls or questions. Agaricus is very effective for children who suffer from involuntary jerking when they are awake.
- Cuprum Metallicum - This works wonders when the child is being very obsessive, angry and is inflexible, tense and is very aggressive towards their parents. Some of these children may even exhibit malicious behaviors and are usually averse to touch or being approached.
- Androctonus - A child or a patient who tends to swing wildly from a stable good mood to a destructive mode can be calmed down or evened out by Androctonus. These children also exhibit behaviors of suspiciousness and quickness to act on their compulsion.
- Helleborus - This is a very effective medication when the child is slow and under active and seems to be depressed most of the time. Some of these children may also have muscular weakness and helleborus is very effective in treating them.
These are only a few examples of how homeopathy can provide remedies for your autistic child and thus is an effective solution. However, you may need to consult a homeopathic doctor who can tailor make doses and medications after diagnosing the specific symptoms that you child may be having.
Due to excess heat, tension, not having food on time, sudden change in temperature etc are the observed due to which I get migraine headache. I am taking vasograin nd combiflam tablet. Kindly suggest me good suggestions.
I am 30 years old, my right hand as sometimes getting struck and it's feeling useless while working on system my hand getting stuck for few seconds, can I have any suggestions for this problem.
Dear Sir/Madam, This is to inform that in last 1 year I had 3 stroke. I lost the complete memory and fell down without any prior symptoms. Its sudden and after app. 30-45 I used to found myself in hospital. I didn't remember what had happened in between. I have been in consultation with neurologist and taking levera 750. Pls suggest is this the symptom of brain stroke or any other disease and treatment for that Thanks.
What is an alternative for Vasograin as a painkiller to be taken in Migraine? What is the dosages and side effects of such medicine, if any.
Comes regular fits / mirgi attacks after every one or two months. My mother age is about 60 years. This epilepsy problem is 45 years old effects head ache, gas problem loud hichki, kabj,sickness. She is thin weight is about 50 kg. Muh se jhhag niklte he, daant / teeth Kas leti he kayi daant toot gaye he. Dora aane par hosh nhi rahta. Khade se gir jaati he. Fire v water pas me hone par jyada aate he. Khana banate huye kayi baat jal burn huyi he. Bhookh nhi lagti. Ab kayi baar se raat me sote samay Dore fits aate he. One year me 6 ya 7 baar fits aate he. Medha vati v homeopathic medicine ka koi fayda nhi Hoya v allopathic medicine head achhe v chakkar SAR bharipan problem ho jaati he medicine. Please give effective best treatment.
I am forget everything very quickly, my memory power also weaken & it effect on my life very badly please suggest.
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc.
Apart from the lifestyle changes and the tips that will help you gain a better sleep, there is another therapy, which may be useful. It is called the cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy can give essential knowledge about sleep and help achieve normal sleep routines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.