Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Raja Sekhar Reddy.GYour feedback matters!
I am 68 year old. Since last six months I am feeling numbness in my left foot. Though I was diagnosed diabetic 5 years ago when I was operated for bypass surgery for my heart. But I took no medicine for diabetes as well as for heart as I feel myself perfect healthy except for the above mentioned condition.
My wife age 60years suffering from Parkinson. Is there any medicine on this. As per our doctors there is no medicine on this. Pl advise.
I have short time memory loss suddenly. I am afraid of whether it is only causing for continuous hand job. Where I do it for 4-5 times in a week. Is the memory loss causing for this reason. Are any. If any means please tell me for what memory loss is occurring.
I underwent a blood test. After the needle was inserted I fainted and the blood also did not come out. On the other hand nerve was not visible so did not try out. I have a swelling kind of a knot at that location. Also it pains. I generally feel very tired, have problems in concentrating and suffer with tingling in legs and slight memory problems. Please help.
The most powerful and amazing organ in our body is the brain. It differs from many other organs of our body not only by its shape, but also by its special type of cell called neurons. When these cells gets affected or dead it can never be reverted or regenerated which is the most exclusive nature found only in brain cells. The cells in other parts of our body has the capacity to regenerate (can be replaced or new one can be grown or produced), but brain cells are exception. Hence any damage to the brain, injury or trauma is really a crucial thing to be considered with utmost care.
Brain surgeries really need skill, proper training, confidence and intelligence to perform this highly complicated and risky surgery.
Brain surgeries are performed to:
- Remove the brain tissues that are grown abnormally
- Aneurysm is clipped to prevent flow of blood cliff off an aneurysm
- Biopsy purpose or to remove the tumour
- Make a nerve free
- Drain the abnormal blood or clot collection or to drain any excessive fluid collection caused by infection.
- To implant artificial electronic device as a treatment for conditions like Parkinson’s disease
- Biopsy: A part of brain tissue is removed for the brain or whole tumour is removed.
- Craniotomy: The skull bone is opened to remove tumour, an aneurysm and drain fluid or blood from infection.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: Endoscopic devices are inserted through the nose to remove the lesions or tumour.
- Minimally invasive neuroendoscopy: Similar to endonasal surgery but small incision is made.
- Anaesthesia risks like breathing difficulty, allergic reaction to medications, excessive bleeding or clots and infection.
- Risk related to the brain surgeries are seizures, coma, swelling of brain, infection to brain or meanings, surgical wound infection that intrudes to the brain structures, abnormal clot formation and bleeding.
- General risks include muscle weakness, disturbances in memory, speech, vision, coordination, balance and other functions that are controlled by the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
I am suffering from migraine everyday. I'm a 20 year old female, I'm student and work as a waitress part time. So, I started with a headache on the 18th January this year, took painkillers but didn't touch it.
Hi sir I am suffering from migraine and taking medicine every night from past one month. Can I donate blood?
Sir, I am 54 years old male. I can't control my hand during writing, shaving or taking tea. I feel uncomfortable in signing any letter or cheques. Kindly suggest me any suitable treatment.
Sir I am doing gym now. I want to take protien shake to build muscles. Which brand of protien shake is good in veg. I heard about iso pure, is it safe to take protien shake.
Hello sir, my baby is 21 days old and I am not feeling well since mrng, feeling like shivering and complete body pain amd all body part, what should I do? I wore sweaters and warm cap. Pls reply me soon.
My friend has Migraine problem. He is taking medicines for the same, but last two weeks he's feeling very sleepy. He has drop the medicine dose for 4 days since it was not available in the stores. But when he started using it again this problem arises. Is this normal or should I take him to consult a doctor.
Iam 37 years male I have migraine I have take medicine but I haven found any positive response please help me.
I am 53 years old and diabetic for the last 20 years. My sugar level is under control for the last 1 year hb1 c is 7.5. I am suffering from neuropathy and current meditation is mahagaba m 75 twice and matilda forte one in night with some homeopath liquid drops twice a day. It is not worsening but not getting cured and some time left claws and lower leg get too much stiffness. Pls advice for neuropathy. My medicine for diabetes are glovusmet 50/500 and reclide sr, diaback at lunch and glucocorticoid sr1g at dinner. Please advice for foot neuropathy.
A tumor is formed due to the uncontrolled proliferation of living cells. Generally, the cells in the human body continuously die and are replaced by new cells. Some cells are replaced frequently, like intestinal lining and skin, while some like nerve cells live longer and may not be replaced once they die. Natural cell death is mediated by genetic information and the body’s bio-chemical signals. In the case of a tumor, some cells develop genetic mutations, and stop responding to the ‘cell-death’ signals. They do not die and continue to grow to form a mass, stealing nutrients and oxygen from surrounding tissue. Brain tumor can arise from any of the many types of cells in the brain or its covering. These can be benign (less harmful), or malignant (rapidly growing). These tumours cause harm by following methods:
- A rapidly growing tumor mass can press on normal brain tissue and damage them in the enclosed space of skull.
- Stealing food and oxygen from surrounding normal tissue thereby harming them.
- Increase the brain pressure and reducing its blood supply.
- Secrete harmful substances causing cerebral oedema.
- Some tumours like certain Pituitary tumours can secrete hormones abnormally and cause hormonal imbalance.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: New onset regular headaches, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay. If headache is associated with nausea or drowsiness, it is to be taken seriously.
- Seizures: Seizures or convulsions (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. It may manifest as frank convulsive movements of the limbs, twitching of one side of face, or may cause subtle and transient behavioral changes. New onset seizures in young people must be evaluated to rule out brain tumours.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in parts of the body may be caused by a tumour affecting the sensory tracts.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems may arise as a prominent symptom for brain tumour affecting the hindbrain.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration and memory loss may be the only symptoms for the presence of tumour in the frontal or temporal lobes.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache associated with nausea and/or vomiting is a characteristic symptom of raised brain pressure. Such symptoms should be evaluated to rule out a brain tumor and should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: weakness of one half of face, like deviation of mouth, drooling of saliva from one corner of mouth, inability to close eyelids etc. may be due to facial paresis caused by a brain tumor in the opercular area or in the CP angle. Such symptoms need to be investigated for a tumor.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from brain tumor might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight related issues.
- Change in speech: Sudden inability to speak or understand speech may be due to tumors of the dominant hemisphere of the brain.
- Hearing problems: hearing problems and other hearing related disorders might have the brain tumor of posterior fossa or temporal lobe as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), PET scan and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms discussed above and should visit a doctor, preferably a Neurosurgeon as early as possible. Brain tumors are easier to treat if diagnosed early. Certain small tumors can be treated with radiation alone. If surgery is required, smaller tumors diagnosed early have greater chance of cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I am a 50 years old male suffering from ED (Erectile dysfunction) since May 2003. I had a major accident in May 2003 in which I had blood clots in RHS of my brain hence my left hand and left leg got effected. Since then there is a lot of stiffness in my effected limbs, its sort of a paralysis. My physical movement got limited and hence the sexual problem. Please help.
My wife age is 45, she is EPILEPSY patient since last 29 years, we have Consult so many Doctors but there is no improvements. Now also she is continue attack by EPILEPSY. Now she Medical cource as below:- 1. Tegretol (200 mg) 2-1-2. 2 Gardenal (30 mg) 1-1. 3. Lacoset 1-1. 4. Lavesam 1-.1. You are request to please suggest the Good Doctor & help us to reduce her More Tablets & get the improvement in her health.
Migraine is a type of headache and is characterized by headache on one side of the head. In many cases of migraine, the pain is experienced all over the head and not just on one side. The pain is throbbing in nature. Migraine is mostly caused due to excess stress. Going out in the sun, improper sleep, exposure to loud noise and disruption in eating patterns are other common causes, which lead to migraine. Homeopathic medicines are widely used for treating migraine headaches and provide an effective remedy.
Here are some homeopathic medicines used for curing migraines of different types:
- Belladonna: This is the best homeopathic medicine for migraine which is accompanied by intense throbbing headache. A sense of fullness is also felt in the head, and the headache worsens when exposed to sunlight. Belladonna is also used for migraines developed due to exposure to cold air or catching a cold.
- Glonoinum: This form of homeopathic medicine is used for migraines where there is an excessive congestion in the head. The patient might feel that the head would burst, and it seems to be bigger. Heat is felt around the head, and the eyeballs get protruded. Glonoinum is also used to treat migraines, which occur because of long exposure to the sun.
- Spigelia: This medicine is very effective for curing migraines felt on the left side of the head or left-sided migraine. The headache is usually located over the left temporal area of the head, forehead and eyes. The patient may have the sensation of a tight band being tied around their head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is a perfect homeopathic medicine for treating right sided migraines where the pain and throbbing are felt on the right side of the head. The pain usually starts from the back of the head and settles over the right eye, affecting the entire right side of the head. The medicine is also prescribed in case of headaches, which occur during the morning and increase during the day. Migraines in women after menopause are also cured by this medicine.
- Iris Versicolor: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating migraine where intense nausea, vomiting and acidity are observed. The vomiting is acidic, sour and bitter in taste and a burning sensation in the alimentary canal is also felt.
- Nux Vomica: In case of migraines characterized by gastric problems, this medicine is used. It provides an effective cure for migraines, which occur due to indigestion, constipation and piles. When the migraine worsens after intake of spicy food or alcohol, this medicine provides quick treatment.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for curing migraine headaches and there are medicines for all types of migraines occurring due to different causes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.