Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Raja SYour feedback matters!
Hi I've been diagnosed with Otitis media with effusion and i've been experiencing a degree of deafness. I was taking Rezole, Defgram, levofem, levoriz tablets and Rhinoset nasal spray. Now i'm off the medication since the doctor prescribed them for only 5 days. I could not go and visit the doctor after that, please let me know if I should take any ear drops or anything and any other exercises etc if they can help. I feel some kind of liquid present in my ear and thats irritating plus my hearing is impaired. Thanks.
Hi, what I want to say is that I hear from my mother and other relatives that I used to be of fair complexion in childhood. But now really my skin complexion has got much dark. My query is can this happen. Can it get darker with age. With that I'm also having much mental pressure since 2 years. Is it possible? Or if it is then how to get back my previous complexion.
Since last few days in morning I have muffled ears. I feel something wrong with my ears. I feel blockage of sound. But if I press both the ears and its okay for sometime. But I have my lunch it becomes normal. And I feel better. I feel that the brain has stopped working. And this leads to negative thoughts. But after lunch everything seems to be okay. Last night I had a pain in the right forearm for 2 hours and then it stopped. What could be wrong? I am really worried.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it:
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent specialist.