Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raja ReddyYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir/ Ma'm, I am having a baby boy of 2 years and he is still use to take breastfeeding. Please let me know how it harmful to mother & for child? Also suggest prescription for the same?
My daughter is of 18 months she used to read cement like an addiction what harms can it cause for health and how to get rid of her habit.
Hello, I am Dr Mangesh Chandewar. I have done post graduation diploma course in community medicines.
Today's topic is the importance of vaccination.
Vaccination is a biological molecule which is injected either through the injections, orally or through sprays. This helps us to create immunity against most of the infections.
Why vaccine is so important?
Even though we try to maintain good hygiene, cleanliness, sanitation, but still we can not prevent infection and the diseases caused by such infections. Right from the birth when delivery occurs, the baby comes in contact with the environment which is highly infected. This is like TB, Tuberculosis, which is more prevelent in India and we want to save our baby. Then right from the birth, the vaccines like BCG which is helpful in developing immunity against tuberculosis.
As per the National Immunization schedule and as per the WHO, we shoul give basic immunization, also called vaccination to the baby in order to develop immunity against the diseases.
What are the reasons to vaccinate the child?
If we do not give vaccination, it is not like the baby is going to infect but we can prevent most of the infections. If we do not give vaccination, the disease or infections can cause serious consequences rather than the vaccines. Vaccines are safer because they are being evaluated through the various phases during the clinical tria;. And also when it comes in the market.
Since they are very safe, they hardly have any side effect or consequences. and if any of the serious consequence occurs due to vaccination, that happens once in millions, so that they can immediately be taken care of. And teh action is taken according to the condition. My aim to get every baby vaccinated by birth, till the age of 5 years, all the vaccines should be appropriately given according to the proper age group. And the vaccines which are given after 5 years as and when required, once should get vaccinated.
In adults, when there is endemic or epidemic for any infections, say in 2010 swine flu was there, one should get treated as early as possible and should get vaccinated so that the disease should not be reoccured. The maximum number of people get vaccinated against infections. The community get the hard immunity. Accordingly we can prevent the disease throughout the community not only the individuals. This will help our country to fight against the diseases ans the infections.
This is all the basic immunisation and the vaccinations, I talked about. There are otther infection also, such as dog bite and other infections as well which can be vaccinated.
There are so many vaccines in the trials for so many life threatning diseases. As and when you get the chance, you can discuss it with the famly physician or any other doctor.
In order to know about the different vaccines. the appropriate age groups for the vaccines, or the side effects or any other vaccine related querry.you can contact me through Lybrate.
My grandson aged 5. His kidney seed (male orgon seed) not visible. Child specialist says to operate and take out it. Another urologist says at the age of 12 or 13 it will automatically come out. He is often suffering from stomach ache. Whether both are related. Please enlightened in this regard and give your valuable suggestion.
My baby is 2 1/2 month old. He sleeps turns either right or left side instead of sleeping on his back. He cries if I adjust him to straighten position n he is comfortable sleeping side ways. Please suggest does it cause any problem?
Sir my son is now 2.4 years old. Observed short breathing and little sound from his neck during cold, is it asthma? sir please suggest some medicine.
My son says that his right side nipple is paining while sleeping. What may be the reason? He has no fever, no swelling any where in body. Nothing. Is there any serious issue?
My baby is 2.5 years old, he doesn't likes to eat or drink anything even milk also, thats why his weight losses day by day. He is just 7.5kg. How and which kind of food I should be give to him for better growth or development.
My baby is c/o recurrent dry cough and discharge of phlegm. Pl suggest medicine Age 4 years 14 kgs female.
My child is 4 months and ten days now. When should I start giving cerelac and other home cooked baby food to him?
Hi. I am 21years old. I have 6 months baby. I reduced little my stomach fat. Bt I have big back. How to reduce my back calories?
My 5 year. Old son is having fever and vomiting. I have already given p250 (paracetamol oral suspension) 5ml. Twice. Temperature reduces for some time and comes back. He is not eating anything. Kindly suggest what to do. I have also mefenamic acid suspension (mefetal -p). Shall I give this. Temperature varies from 101 f - 102.6f.
My child is 10 years old she got affect digestion problems. So she haven't hungry. What medicines needed her?
Meri baby 10 months ki hai. Usse bahut cold and cough to raha hai Dr. Ne maxtra cef and cetrizine di hai. Pr mujhe cough zyada lag raha kabi kabi kya koi home remedy use kr sakte hai.
From terrorism to natural disasters, there are a number of traumatic events that constantly hurl themselves at us. Given the amount of stress it causes an adult, imagine how a child can process this information. Often traumatic events that occur in childhood can trigger phobias and anxiety disorders that last a lifetime if not dealt correctly.
Each child responds to trauma in a different way depending on the circumstances and their age and personality. What is common is that all children turn towards their parents and teachers for support in these situations. Hence, it is important to understand how to help your child deal with traumatic events.
Here are a few steps you should follow:
- Provide comfort: The first thing to do in a traumatic event is to reassure and comfort the child. Reinforce your child's sense of security by following a normal schedule and maintaining regular eating and sleeping habits. Encourage your child to talk and ask questions and discuss the situation with them in a way appropriate to your child's age and concerns.
- Accept their needs: Children show the need for reassurance in different ways. For some, it may be the need for extra physical contact in the form of hugs while for others it may be ensuring that their favourite teddy bear is with them constantly. Be patient with children and indulge their needs in such situations.
- Limit the amount of information available: Media often magnifies a traumatic event making it all the more difficult for a child to apprehend. Children can often be mislead or frustrated by media coverage of a traumatic event. Thus, it is a good idea to limit the use of television, radios and internet. As far as possible do not let your child watch the news alone.
- Stay in touch: If your child goes to school, his or her teacher is the parent figure at school. Stay connected with your child's teachers and the other adults in their life to monitor changes in behavioral patterns.
- Create distractions: If left alone with nothing to do, a child's mind will dwell on the trauma. Encourage them to find a hobby to cope with the negative emotions. Music and art are two good outlets for stress. You could also play board games, read or play outdoors to distract them.
- Get professional help: Sometimes you may need help to deal with a traumatic event in your child's life. If your child shows signs of behavioral changes, academic problems, emotional outbursts, anxiety, depression, insomnia or social withdrawal; you should consult a professional counselor.