Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raja Pagadala
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Raja PagadalaYour feedback matters!
Tooth decay is treated removing the damaged portion of your tooth and substituting it with ‘fillings’. Fillings can be made up of different materials such as silver amalgam, porcelain, gold or even plastic. Hence these plastic, tooth-colored, glass mixtures that are used to restore decayed teeth are known as composite fillings. Composites are also used for changing the color of or reshaping disfigured teeth.
How are they placed?
The dentist sets the composite in layers employing a specialized UV Laser light to harden each of the layers. After this, the dentist moulds the composite to fit in your tooth. The composite is then polished to prevent premature staining or wearing out of the composite. Good shaping and polishing of the tooth to produces a virtually invisible restoration.
When are composite fillings used?
White fillings can be used for cosmetic options as well.
- Short or spaced out teeth: Composites are able to reshape any deformed teeth or add length to a tooth.
- Cracked or chipped teeth: It can fill in any chips or worn down teeth to appear healthy yet again.
- Smile Makeover: It does not require for healthy tooth structure to be removed unlike a veneer
Preventive dentistry: The molars in the back have deep groves on the sides that food particles can get trapped in causing infection. The composite can be filled in those areas as a preventative.
Advantages of Composites:
- The shade of the composite filling is well suited to match the color of your existing teeth.
- They can chemically bond to your tooth structure, rendering additional support.
- Composite fillings are also used to mend broken or cracked teeth.
- With composite filling, not much of your tooth structure needs to be taken off as compared to amalgam fillings.
Precautions with Tooth coloured fillings
- Composite fillings wear faster as compared to silver fillings should be replaced within 3-7 years.
- Need regular follow up care or maintenance as they are subject to microleakage.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
I have pain in my teeth and pus is coming sometimes. Pls help me to rectified this problems. How to contact the good doctor.
I am having tingling feeling in most of teeth whenever I drink cold, what should be done? Is it a sign of worry.
Well I have bad breath so please I want to completely cure so please suggest me what kind of medicine I have to use.
Hi, Im facing gums problem. How should I take care for healthy gums. I didn't have any drinking and chewing habits. My gums are little bit move down on lower incisors.
Canker sores are also known as aphthous sores and are the most common type of mouth ulcers. They mostly occur on the inside of the lips or cheek and are mostly whitish or yellowish in color. The sores are mostly surrounded by inflamed, reddish soft tissue. Canker sores commonly appear between the age of 10 and 20 years. They mpe ay create a tingling sensation in the mouth that makes eating, talking or swallowing difficult. In some cases, canker sores may cause general malaise and headache.
Reasons behind canker sores
- Any kind of viral infection
- Unhygienic brushing habits, such as not cleaning the mouth often or well enough.
- Hormonal fluctuations, especially during the menstrual cycle
- Inadequate rest and sleep
- Low immunity
- Food allergy
- Deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals
- Some kind of mouth injury
- Ill-fitted dental appliances such as braces or dentures.
- Acidic or spicy food.
Types of canker sores and symptoms
Canker sores are mainly of two types
- Simple canker sores: These may occur twice or thrice in a year and can heal without treatment within a span of 3 to 4 weeks.
- Complex canker sores: These sores generally appear in the elderly, mostly in those who have a history of frequent sores. These may be accompanied by swelling of lymph nodes, very painful sores, high fever, headache, fatigue and general illness. Inflammation and infection of the ulcers may also occur if not diagnosed and treated on time.
Ways canker sores can be treated
- Antimicrobial mouth wash to rinse the mouth
- Antibiotic mouthwashes or oral pills
- Corticosteroid ointments can be applied on the affected area to reduce the inflammation and promote rapid healing.
- Drinking milk, consuming yoghurt or ice cream is known to provide relief.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!