Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raj Kumar SongaYour feedback matters!
List of 10 foods high in uric acid to avoid
1. Red meat: Red meat is one of the certain foods that deliver more uric acid than other foods in your diet. However, poultry and white meats, like pork are also high in the uric acid, so it is best to keep your intake of meats and wild meat to an overall minimum. If you’ve high uric acid levels or gout, you should avoid these meats or at least limit to 4 – 6 ounces per day. Instead, you can maintain a steady mix of fruits and vegetables to go with your meals and snacks.
2. Organ meats: Like white and red meat, organ meats also deliver a high amount of the uric acid. Though you can enjoy having onions or livers for dinner, it is best to cut down on this meal as well as other foods which include organ meats such as sweetbreads, tongue, tripe, and pate.
3. Seafood and fish: If you are a seafood lover, you will be really disappointed to know that seafood and fish are off limits during gout flare-ups because they are other main sources of the uric acid (purines) in your diet. Besides, herring, anchovies, tuna, sardines and other oily fishes should also cut back on your dinner table because they not only aggravate gout symptoms but also trigger one. However, when your gout can be under control, it’s ok to indulge in scallops, shrimp, lobster, crab salmon, or eel. You need to be sure that you do not eat more than 4 to 6 ounces per day of whatever kind of seafood and fish you choose to eat.
4. Beer and alcohol: In fact, beer is twice as bad for people with gout than seafood and meats. That is because it will raise the production of the uric acid levels in the body and make the body more difficult to remove the excess uric acid. Although alcohol does not have much harm compared with beer, it can still raise uric acid levels. Hence, most doctors always recommend avoiding all beer and alcohol if you suffer from gout.
5. Drinks high in sugar: You should not reach for both soda and fruit juice with fruit sugar. These drinks deliver high fructose corn syrup that will stimulate the production of uric acid. According to studies, women and men who consume a lot of fructose and take many drinks with fructose corn syrup will get a higher risk of having gout. Instead of sugary beverages, you can stick with water, coffee, tea or pure, fresh-squeezed juice.
6. Asparagus and spinach: In fact, animal products aren't the only foods which are high in uric acid.
Certain vegetables such as asparagus and spinach can also trigger a gout flare-up. However, they do not seem to cause much harm compared with animal-based foods. Uric acid from vegetables is also excreted from your body more easily than uric acid that comes from seafood and meats.
7. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is a bland vegetable and is rich in the uric acid. However, vegetables can help your body get rid of the uric acid and purines, so you need not cut them out of the diet completely. Besides, they also have nutrients that can reduce insulin resistance that plays an important role in controlling the gout flare-ups.
8. Beans, peas, and other legumes: Beans, peas, and other legumes also have good sources of uric acid, which can make them become poor food sources for people who have gout. According to world’s healthiest foods, peas have a moderately high amount of uric acid, which is 5 – 100 milligrams of uric acid per 3.5-ounce serving. However, when peas, spinach, and asparagus are eaten in raw form, they will cause less damage than in cooked form, as long as you consume a small portion.
9. Mushrooms: If you’re thinking of eating mushrooms as a replacement source for meat, you should think of something else. Actually, like legumes, mushrooms are considered to contain a moderately high amount of uric acid.
10. Oats: Though there has been some discussion about the exact amount of uric acid that oats contain, oatmeal and other foods which contain oats deliver a moderate amount of the uric acid. Most doctors recommend that those who suffer from gout should limit their consumption of oatmeal as well as other oat-based foods.
Although this list can seem discouraging if you suffer from gout, many of these above foods can still be consumed, provided, as long as you only take the small portions and only have them when you aren't having a gout flare-up. Besides, other foods such as coffee, tea, citrus fruits, foods rich in complex carbohydrates, and foods rich in dairy can really prevent gout flare-ups and therefore, are recommended for those who have gout.
If you want to know more about super foods or other vitamins and minerals go to our main super foods page. After reading the article of top ten foods high in uric acid, hope that it can help you identify uric acid-rich foods to avoid eating them for your good health. If you have any question, or you know other foods high in uric acid, please leave them below.
I have a ovarian cyst frm last one mnth. Is that dissolved in periods or I hav to go for some treatment I m planning for baby now. Which is the best doctor in mumbai who can solve my problem in ths pls suggest.
Hello doctor. Good morning. actually I went for swimming 2 days back. Some water went to my ears. Today my head feels lil bit weight. And what we have to do if water went into our ears. Can you pls suggest me doctor. Tq.
Dear Sir I have issues with premature ejaculation when ever I'm having sex with my partner I will be get ejaculation before getting to climax And one more thing day by day I feel my penny size getting reduced I'm feeling vary worried I am really want to increase the size and length of my sex organ (penny) Please do help.
I had been tested for vitamin d and Tsh levels approx 3months back. My vitamin d levels were less than 10 and Tsh levels were 5 (normal range as per lab: 4.9) Since then I have been suffering from muscle pain and cramps during mensuration. This time I faced a lot of neck pain during mensuration. Notes: I have taken vitamin d supplements but no medicine for thyroid.
Quoting Chinese researchers that animals with drug–induced diabetes treated with pumpkin extract had lower blood glucose levels, greater insulin secretion, and more insulin–producing beta cells than diabetic rats that weren’t given the extract. This action may be due to the presence of both antioxidants and D–chiro–inositol, a molecule that mediates insulin activity.
Pumpkin extract is potentially a very good product for pre–diabetic persons, as well as those who have already developed diabetes.
Pumpkin is frequently used to treat diabetes and high blood glucose in Asia.
Difficulty in falling in sleep I am studying mbbs final years exam are near after 3 days give some tips for relieve it!
I was trying to have sex with my partner last night but I have not inserted my penis into her vagina but a little amount of sperm was there on my penis and I had touched her vagina with that sperm penis. So can I advise her to take pills or not?
Hi I am a 65 years old man. I am a sugar patient and can't control my craving for sweets. Is there a way I can resist this feeling. Please advice. Regards. Unni.
Hi yesterday my husband was got report for semen analysis .The sperm count is 7 million. Is this very low count? How long it will take to increase sperm count? Is it possible to conceive?
I am 19 year old and I easily caught cold and continues nose running for 10-12 day and a feeling of fatigue. What should I do to avoid such problem?
I ejaculated within 2 minutes and I m not to play foreplay give me reasons and solution and recommend the pill's required to control.
Hi, M having pain in the right side of chest. I believe it is because of gastric issue. It was slightly swollen up in the right side of my chest. Kindly advise what could be the reason & treatment for the same. Thanks.
I have smegma under the foreskin of penis. It is itching badly and spots like pimples are developed on head of the penis. Sometimes it gets swollen. How to get rid of it?
Choose your white foods carefully
- Avoid white rice, bread, pasta. These refined foods promote weight gain as they are digested quickly and cause your blood-sugar and insulin levels to spike.
- Making the switch to wholesome wholegrain varieties will help you maintain a healthy weight and keep you full for longer, as they are rich in fibre and help keep your blood-sugar levels balanced.
- Includes whole grain choices like whole oats, quinoa, brown rice, daliya, buckwheat, whole grain pasta and grainy bread add in your main meal.
Drink 2-3 litres of water a day
We often forget to keep our water intake up during winter, yet it is important to drink plenty of water all year round for good health. Don't forget air conditioning and heaters can be very dehydrating.
Try to drink at least two litres a day. Herbal teas count too.
There are many wonderful health-promoting teas to choose from such as ginger (great for improving circulation), green (a powerful antioxidant and can help promote weight loss), and chamomile (helps calm your nerves).
Eat protein with every meal
- One of the best ways to maintain a healthy weight is to eat good-quality, low-fat protein at each meal.
- Protein foods have a low gi and help to stabilise blood-sugar levels, which in turn will help curb sugar cravings and prevent you snacking on sugary carbohydrate foods.
- A good guide is to keep protein servings to the size and thickness of your palm. Some healthy protein choices include nuts, seeds, legumes (and legume-based foods such as hummus), egg white, fish, lean meat, chicken, low-fat dairy and soy products.
- Protein foods also help to create a feeling of fullness, preventing you from overeating.
Fill half your plate with fruit and veg salad
- At least half of your diet should be made up of fresh fruit and vegetables (including legumes).
- Fruit and vegetables are an excellent source of important vitamins and minerals including vitamins a and c, folate, iron and calcium.
- Purple, red and orange varieties are particularly high in potent health-promoting antioxidants.
- However, if you are watching your waistline, don't overdo higher-gi veggies such as potato, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Aim to have about three pieces of fruit a day. Try adding fruit to your porridge, and make stewed fruit have with muesli or natural yoghurt in the morning.
Start your dinner with soup
- Have a small bowl of low-calorie mix veg soup before your main meal to help manage your weight.
- Doing this is not only a great way to increase your vegetable intake, it can help reduce the amount of food and calories you consume in a meal.
- To save time, make a healthy vegetable-based soup at the beginning of the week and freeze portions.
- Don't forget to add immune-boosting ingredients such as garlic, ginger, onion and miso to help protect yourself from colds and flu.
I am coughing from last four days even medicine I have taken but still coughing is not going. What to do.
Excessive sweating is referred to as hyperhidrosis. It is a condition where the body excretes sweat in certain areas and in higher quantities than expected. It can affect a patient in many ways, including altering his or her social relationships, personal confidence and emotional levels.
Hyperhidrosis can either be generalized or localized to specific parts of the body. Hands, feet, armpits, and the groin area are among the most active regions of perspiration
There are two types of hyperhidrosis:
- focal or localized hyperhidrosis, where only certain parts of the body are affected, such as the armpits, hands, feet or face, and
- generalized hyperhidrosis, where the entire body is affected.
The good news is that hyperhidrosis is a very treatable disease.
Many more that suffer from sweating problems have found their cure for hyperhidrosis in the form of a natural homeopathic treatments that have helped many break free from profuse sweating or hyperhidrosis.
Homeopathic way of treatment is different from allopathy. Hyperhidrosis is nothing but an expression of the disturbance in the inner hormonal balance and this is expressed in the form of the profuse discharge. Hence, it is required to be treated at the inner level rather than treating it by local application of cream and antibiotics.
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution and so on.
Homeopathy provides natural constitutional remedies for treating this condition from the roots and not just working on the symptom but repairs the derangement which is causing this. It offers excellent treatment which is effective, harmless, and without any side effects. It is recommended in the most obstinate cases.
Today homeopathic remedies are the best non surgical solution for hyperhidrosis or profuse sweating or perspiration.