Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Rahmatulla KhanYour feedback matters!
Depression in adults is a lot different from depression in younger people. Adults have the overburdening thrust to believe they should be able to deal with any situation, however, adverse of their own accord. This pushes them to such a point that they bottle up worries and anxieties making themselves vulnerable to depression. Reaching out for help is almost a wager; lost before a fair trial. An elderly person could remain depressed due to varied reasons, but the cause is seldom remorse. Assuming the cause as sadness, it could depress your loved ones even more.
Take a look at the following factors that can depress older adults:
1. Serious ailments like stroke, cancer, diabetes, thyroid and so on so forth.
2. The loss of a dear friend or a family member.
3. Excessive work pressure.
4. Stagnation in personal life, passions and goals.
5. Lack of motivation to do the slightest of things.
To prevent depression in adults the following ways should be kept in mind:
1. Interaction is the key principle: Adults might need to talk. Being a grown -up doesn't mean you don't need suggestions and advice of your friends and relatives. Try to interact with a person who you think is depressed.
2. Try to identify medical conditions and look for reliable treatment: Medical illnesses like cancer or diabetes can take a toll on your mental strength. It can discourage you from living life with full vigor and energy. Thus medical conditions should be treated with due care and a person suffering should be encouraged to take professional psychological consultation.
3. Providing a person with space is mandatory: Adults hate being domineered or patronized. When they need space they should be allowed to be alone. It could help them deal with depression better. Staying alone doesn't always involve loneliness. People might need to clarify things to their own selves or might even need time to introspect.
4. Make a depressed person take care of a pet: The presence of a pet in the household can relieve its members of accumulating stress. An adult when made to take care of a pet has added responsibilities and will naturally have less scope to wallow in their own sorrow. A pet gives a person the love and affection he or she had been lacking all along.
5. Humor is a wonderful pill: Create opportunities to make a person laugh. Share jokes or make them watch funny shows.
6. Ensure the person gets enough sleep: A full night's sleep is extremely important. Insufficient relaxation can push you towards depression.