Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raghuram Reddy
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raghuram ReddyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was suffering from hair loss for such a long time. The hair loss was increasing day by day. Dr Raghuram Reddy is very talented and seasoned doctor. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to his hair loss treatment , I didn't lose hope. All the staff members were very helpful. He doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. One of my neighbour's recommended Dr Raghuram Reddy. The Radiance Skin & Hair Clinic was equipped with various facilities. Thanks to him I am much better now.
In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my pimples treatment, but he has helped me immensely. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. The overall cleanliness in the Radiance Clinic was amazing. By chance, I approached Dr Raghuram Reddy for second opinion and thank god, i did because, he treated me without any surgery and all.
I searched Dr Raghuram Reddy online and saw his reviews. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. The nurses at the Radiance Skin & Hair Clinic were really helpful. He ensures that he listens to his patients. I consulted a number of specialists but the way he treated me was the best, I am completely satisfied with the treatment he gave.
It's been so long, I had lost all hope, but then I met Dr Reddy and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. Hygiene is very important, and I must Radiance Clinic was extremely clean. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted him. he is a very nice doctor and his treatment for pimples is the best.
dr Raghuram Reddy is a very good and tried dermatologist. It had been quite some time that i was suffering from acne and pimples that reappeared before they completely even disappeared. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend him to anyone gladly. Also his clinic Radiance Skin & Hair Clinic in vanasthalipuram is very nice.
Dr. Raghuram Reddy provides answers that are very helpful. The treatment was really helpful..The acne is in control and the scars are also fading away ..Really Thankful and i want to continue the treatment with paid subscription but couldn't find proper direction for that ! Kindly contact us or give the direction about how to proceed further.....Regards
All of sudden I developed therdandruff and didn't know what to do. The staff was very attentive to my needs at Radiance Skin & Hair Clinic in Telangana.he is a very talented and seasoned doctor. Someone from the office, referred us hername. i amvery much beneffitted from the treatment all thanks to him.
He listens to problems with patience.i was randomly searching about skin clinics then i found his clinic with high rating nd reviews.thought he would help me in treating my acne.he suggested medicines.As this is my first day using medication i would like to update my improvement soon.
Dr. Raghuram Reddy was friendly. He has spend nearly 15 minutes of time with me. He explained me the issues clearly and he suggested me diet. I have just started my treatment will keep udating results every 15 days. Dr. Raghuram Reddy your friendliness rocks.
I lost all my hopes of fading those terrible acne scars on my face. Just when I took a treatment from dr Raghuram Reddy at his clinic Radiance Skin & Hair Clinic in Vanasthalipuram all my problems were solved and i gained back my beautiful skin!
Dr Raghuram Reddy is a very nice doctor who takes utmost care of his patients. One can visit him at his clinic. Radiance Skin & Hair Clinic in Vanasthalipuram anytime to any derma related concern. He did my acne scar treatment very nicely.
dr Raghuram Reddy takes proper care of the well being of his patients. One can find him at Radiance Skin & Hair Clinic in vanasthalipuram. Thanks, doctor for putting a stop on my pimple problems.
Dr. listened all the details and gave the prescription. He suggested excimer treatment for vitiligo. He is very friendly. Thanks to Dr. Raghuram Reddy
Dr. Raghuram Reddy provides answers that are professional. Sir please tell me tablet and lotion how much mg have to take..sir didnt prescribe
Treatment meant is so good but medicines are little expensive.I observed change in one day.
Good behaviour and explained clearly, It's my first visit it depends upon result's
He was patience and cool in explaining the what was the issue.. Simply fabulous..
He is Very friendly.., He listen to problems with patience's
Interaction was good.listening to the problems patiently
He is very friendly and he explains about on treatment
It was very good.doctor was very cool
Good explanation and friendly
Facial Melanosis is the effect of excessive Melanin and abnormal Melanocyte under the skin. This results in hyperpigmentation problem; which frequently changes from brown to black and is usually found on the cheek and brow areas of the face. Mostly occurring in females as compared to males, it is found in the age group of over 30 years. Pregnancy, sun exposure, stress, hormone treatments including contraceptive pills, certain medications, and some cosmetics are some of the factors triggering Facial Melanosis.
Treatments for Facial Melanosis:
Facial Melanosis treatment might be very slow to respond. Sometimes, it also leads to irritation in sensitive skin, thus resulting in post inflammatory pigmentation.
Usually, a combination of following measures is helpful:
- Discontinuation of hormonal contraception
- Lifelong, year-round sun protection with a high SPF sunscreen. Reapply it after every 2 hours in case you are outdoors during the summer. Along with this, wear a broad-brimmed hat.
- If applicable, choose cosmetics which have sunscreen.
- Use a mild cleanser and if your skin is dry, don’t forget to use a light moisturizer.
- Application of Anti-Melasma Cream – The main function of Anti-Melasma cream is to reduce the Melanin by interrupting Tyrosinase (enzyme containing copper found in animal and plant tissues which support the secretion of melanin) activity. The active elements in the cream which are intended for Anti-Melasma are Licorice Acid, Retinoic Acid, Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Tranexamic Acid, Azelaic Acid and Ascorbic Acid.
- Usage of Sun Protection Cream – You should look out for those sun protection creams with SPF factor above 15. Also, Sunscreen should be Para-Aminobenzoic Acid-Free (PABA-Free). The presence of Micronized Titanium Dioxide, which is an active element that works as UV-A and UV-B reflector, becomes an issue of importance while selecting the perfect sunscreen.
- Peeling – Superficial or the epidermis layer of your skin can be chemically peeled off and this must be done by a specilized dermatologist or under the supervision of a dermatologist.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Atopic dermatitis is an inflammatory skin disease that most commonly affects children during their first year of life. This is also commonly noted in older children and occasionally in adults. This disease causes severe itching that many a times leads to skin infection. These rashes are commonly seen over the scalp, neck, cheeks and face. As the child grows older and also in adults, the rashes mainly appear in body creases and folds.
The exact cause of atopic dermatitis is still under research but it is believed that people with the following are at risk of getting atopic dermatitis-
Dermatitis is not caused by food allergies but people with dermatitis are allergic to certain type of food like milk and other dairy products, shellfish and nuts.
Dry itchy and scaly skin
Redness and rashes
Scratching and itching
Appears bumpy and develop knots in thickened areas
It’s important to visit the dermatologist for treatment to control the disease and prevent it from worsening. Treatment includes medicines to Control itching, Reduce skin inflammation (redness and swelling) and Clear infection
The dermatologist will also suggest lifestyle modifications which are very important to manage the disease.
Tips for people with Dermatitis-
Ways to ease discomfort :
Make sure the humidity and temperature levels are comfortable.
Apply moisturizer twice daily to make sure the skin does not get dry and cracks.
Enquire your doctor about how to use wet wrap therapy and its effects.
Make sure your child’s finger nails are cut short and smooth.
Bathing care -
Bath your child with warm water not with hot water and make sure you complete the bath within 5-10 mins.
Just pat the skin after bath with soft cotton towels and don’t make it dry completely.
Apply the medicine if advised after bath. Make sure you apply the medicine before the skin gets completely dry.
Apply moisturizer over the medicated skin.
Avoid bubble bath and prefer bleach bath every two days if the skin gets infected.
Choosing right clothes-
Uses limited amount of detergents to wash the clothes.
Rinse the clothes with adequate amount of water and dry it completely under direct sunlight.
Wash new clothes with plain water before wearing to your child to remove excess dyes and fragrances.
While taking care of skin externally is definitely a good idea, maintaining healthy skin from the inside is important as well. These don't happen overnight or don't work with external beauty products but only happen when lifestyle changes are put into place. Let's take a look at some of the well known lifestyle changes or habits that can help you get healthier skin.
1. Stop smoking:Apart from contributing to cancer and being nicknamed death sticks, smoking also causes a person's skin to look older. This is due to the fact that it constricts blood vessels within the body and thus causes wrinkles on the skin by disrupting the normal blood flow. It is thus advisable to give up smoking if you want to have healthier skin.
2. Eat more of dark leafy green vegetables:For skin to be healthy; your body also needs to be healthy internally. The best way to do that is to exercise and eat right. Eating right is an even more important and it is important to remember to include dark leafy vegetable which are packed with nutrients required by the body. Some examples of these foods are:
3. Exercising or incorporating at least some forms of movement:It is important to get into some regimen of exercising or working out, be it yoga, running whichever may be light, but makes you move during the day. This is very important as movement and exercise helps the lymphatic system within the body to make the immune system stronger. This will not only boost immunity, but will also help detoxify the body and hence help the skin become healthier.
4. Carry out detoxification diets and procedures at regular intervals:Detoxifying isn’t just about having a clean diet, but also about detoxifying the skin from the outside. While you can go for a green or fruits only diet or smoothies and cut out many food groups for a few days to detoxify, it is also important to detoxify the skin as well with body wraps, clay treatments, sugar scrubs, salt treatments etc.
5. Manage stress:This is a silent killer in many aspects as stress leads to hypertension and many other ailments. With regards to skin, stress releases cortisol, which over activates the blood vessels and causes it to make the skin over sensitive. This will result in visible redness, blushing and may even cause acne. Get into and start practicing stress management routines to minimize stress that will not only help you have healthy skin but good health in general.
Some people use the same soap for a lifetime not because they are loyal to the soap brand, but because they fear the reaction their skin would have to other soaps. Similarly, people across the world often see rashes erupt after using a new perfume, cosmetics, jewellery or after coming in contact with plants, such as poison ivy or poison oak. This condition is known as Contact Dermatitis. This can be described as skin condition where the skin is inflamed, red and itchy as a result of exposure to a foreign substance.
Most cases of contact dermatitis are not serious, but can be quite unpleasant. There are three types of contact dermatitis. These are:
- Allergic contact dermatitis: This condition occurs when the skin is exposed to an irritant it may be allergic to. Common triggers are jewellery, perfumes and latex.
- Irritant contact dermatitis: This is the most common form of this skin condition. This condition is triggered by toxic materials, such as bleach, battery acid, detergents, drain cleaners and kerosene. It is also known as hand eczema as it often occurs as a reaction to soaps or over exposure to water.
- Photo contact dermatitis: This is the rarest form of contact dermatitis. It occurs when the active ingredients in sunscreen are exposed to sunlight.
Inflamed skin is one of the first symptoms of contact dermatitis. Some of the other symptoms are:
- Dry, flaky skin
- Redness of the skin
- Blisters that may be dry or oozing
- Burning sensation on the skin
- Sun sensitivity
Contact Dermatitis on its own rarely requires anything more than medication. Most cases often subside on their own. Avoid scratching the infected skin as it can make the condition worse. Wash the affected area as often as possible with cool water and soap. Over the counter anti itch treatment like calamine lotion and hydrocortisone cream can help ease the itchiness and inflammation. An anti histamine drug could also be beneficial. If the rash covers a large expanse of skin, consult a doctor who may prescribe a stronger steroid cream.
With contact dermatitis, prevention is better than cure. Three easy tips to follow to protect yourselves against the skin condition are:
- Only use those products that are labeled hypoallergenic or unscented.
- Use vinyl gloves instead of latex gloves
- Cover all exposed skin when working outdoors, hiking etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Seborrhea or dandruff can be a very distressing as well as an embarrassing problem. Dandruff, primarily caused due to dryness, refers to the white flakes that fall off your scalp. The problem of dandruff is common for both men and women, irrespective of age. Dandruff is such a problem that cannot be cured easily but can only be controlled. There are many remedies for controlling dandruff.
Eight such remedies are mentioned below:
- Use anti- dandruff hair care products: Using anti-dandruff shampoos and conditioners can help you to control your problem of dandruff.
- Avoid oiling your hair on a regular basis: Dandruff, at times, tends to increase if your scalp is excessively oily. So, to avoid it, try not to oil your hair regularly. Also, if you have an oily scalp, make sure to use the correct hair care products to control the problem.
- Apply lemon juice: Lemon juice is known to be a very effective remedy for treating dandruff naturally. Apply lemon juice all over your scalp to combat the problem of dandruff.
- Baking Soda: Baking Soda is an effective remedy. Baking soda helps to reduce the excess oil on your scalp
- Use Virgin Olive oil: Massage warm virgin olive oil on your scalp, this can help you to reduce your problem of dandruff to some extent.
- Include more vitamins in your diet: A healthy diet can help you to deal with your problem of dandruff more efficiently.
- Mental stress: Reducing your mental stress can help you to control dandruff, since most hair problems occur due to stress or stress related problems.
- Use the right comb: Try using an appropriate comb for your hair. If the comb hurts your scalp, then the skin of your scalp may turn flakier resulting in more dandruff.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to deal with your problem of dandruff efficiently.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair loss or Alopecia is a problem common to both men and women. It can leave you feeling very miserable. But rather than getting upset knowing the cause will help you tackle the problem efficiently. The following are few shocking causes of hair loss that you may not be aware of-
1. Hair Loss can be a hereditary problem for some people. It can be common to both men and women. Males may encounter male pattern baldness and females can encounter female pattern baldness.
2. Women can face hair loss problems for using hair styling tools. You must avoid hair strengtheners, curling irons and dryers in order to control hair loss.
3. Hormonal imbalances can lead to hair loss. Thyroid problems or levels of estrogen getting reduced in cases of women can cause hair loss.
5. Intake of too much steroids like birth control pills can also be a contributing factor.
In order to combat the problem of hair loss you must consult a doctor and undergo the required treatment. The following are few treatments that can prove to be helpful for you-
1. Many clinics nowadays provide hair transplantation treatment. You may consider hair transplantation if you encounter hair loss at an alarming rate.
2. Increase the intake of proteins in your diet. Include food like fish in your diet which is high on protein.
4. Onion juice is proved to be very helpful in growing back hair on your scalp. Apply it on your scalp and it may help you to grow back your hair.
5. Applying henna at home can also increase the volume of your hair and make it look beautiful too.
Along with the above mentioned treatments, eating healthy and sleeping well will also help you to tackle your problem of hair loss. Normally a person sheds fifty to hundred strands of hair per day, but if it is more than that, consulting a doctor is highly recommended. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Stretch marks don’t only happen after childbirth, they can happen to anyone due to sudden changes in body size and weight. These are like ugly brown scars usually present on the stomach, thighs and hips. Truth be told, 90% of pregnant women will get stretch marks around these parts of their bodies.
These are some very easy things one can do to get reduce the appearance of stretch marks both old and new:
Moisturizing- Lotioning –up regularly can lighten stretch marks. Moisturizing helps to hydrate skin and this makes it easier for it to stretch. Moisturizing is very effective in lightening new stretch marks and can prevent new stretch marks from forming. Older stretch marks are more difficult to get rid of, though.
Retin A- Retin-A based creams are very effective against stretch marks. Retin-A works by boosting collagen production which helps the skin to stretch out and avoid tears which cause stretch marks. Pregnant and nursing women should not use Retinoic acid containing products, however. It also doesn’t work on old stretch marks.
Glycolic Acid- This too can increase collagen production when used on skin. It is even more effective as alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) which is used in chemical skin peels. You can use glycolic acid on skin even during pregnancy. Save your skin from sunlight when using glycolic acid.
Vitamin E Oil- This is touted as the miracle cure for stretch marks and it delivers especially when used on new stretch marks. Use it with an unscented moisturiser for better coverage.
Essential Oils- These are common home remedies for tackling stretch marks. One can use them directly on skin or mix with the carrier oil before use. These are the ones to go for:
Vitamin C- You can take Vitamin C as a supplement to lighten stretch marks. You can also mix topical glycolic acid with vitamin C and apply on the skin directly.
Lasers- These are the magic wands of cosmetic surgery and rightly so. Fresh stretch marks can be tackled using a pulsed dye laser also called vascular laser. The downsides of this laser treatment are that it works on early stretch marks and not on mature ones. It is also very expensive. This laser also doesn’t work on darker skins.
Fractional Laser Treatment- These are very effective against older stretch marks. Your doctor will use this laser to resurface the older marks smoothing the surface of the skin. The treatment is very expensive and can cause hyperpigmentation and scarring.
Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck- This is the only certain way to obliterate stretch marks. What the surgeon does is cut out swathes of skin from your abdomen with stretch marks. Downsides are that it’s a risky procedure. There could be life-threatening complications and recovery takes longer, sometimes as long as 3 to 6 months. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Related: Also, check Pregnancy Stretch Mark Cream - Get A Sample For Free
There is nothing more exciting than getting inked. It is also one of the most dangerous things you can do to yourself. Not many people know that there is a real risk involved with tattoos – getting them as well as getting them removed.
We all know a tattoo can come with a real risk of blood-borne diseases and allergies, and a bad job by the tattoo artist. If the tattoo needle is not new and has been used on an infected person, you run a real risk of getting infected with herpes, tetanus, fungal infections, hepatitis and even HIV. The health risks of tattooing are not so well known in India but they are real.
But tattoo removal can be even more dangerous, time consuming and expensive than getting a tattoo. If you have outgrown your tattoo and want it removed, read this carefully to understand the process while keeping yourself safe.
Tattoo removal involves a process opposite to inking. It’s done using lasers. Pulses of light from the laser are directed onto the tattoo to break up the pigment which has been deposited in the dermis or deep layer of the skin during tattooing. This process breaks down the tattoo ink. Over weeks, the broken down ink gets absorbed by the body.
Different lasers are used to remove different types of tattoo ink and it’s usually the doctor doing the procedure who decides which laser to use.
Laser treatment differs from patient to patient based on the age, size, and type of tattoo. The colour of the patient's skin, as well as the depth of the tattoo pigment also influences the technique used for removal.
Lasers are not benign so your doctor must test the laser to check out the most effective energy for tattoo removal.
Laser consists of pulse of light. Smaller tattoo removal requires less pulse of light and bigger ones more pulses.
Sounds easy and painless, but it is not. The break down of the tattoo pigments takes weeks and repeated visits to the clinic. If the doctor removing your tattoo is not good, even the removal of a small tattoo can cause permanent scarring or discoloration of your skin. Parts of the body with thin skin (ankles, wrists, and spine) are more likely to scar than thicker- skinned areas. Other side effects are infections and hypo-pigmentation.
Even though doctors and laser practitioners claim more than 95% removal of tattoos is possible, the reality is that complete removal may never be possible.
So, if you find it impossible to live with your tattoo and a divorce is imminent, you should look for a real good dermatologist for laser removal of tattoos and not submit yourself to quacks.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Skin complexion varies and is caused by the skin pigmentation known as ‘melanin’, produced by cells called melanocytes, which gives skin the colour. The more amount of melanin, the darker the complexion. Melanin has a protective effect against sun exposure, as it reduces damage caused by the sun on the skin. It is proven that people with a darker complexion (with more melanin) are less prone to damage from sun exposure.
What are they? Freckles are cells that contain more amount of melanin compared to the surrounding areas. It is a common sight where some people have small, tiny black/brown spots on their faces. These spots may also be present on the hands, elbows, neck, back, etc., but are most obvious in the face. These are known as freckles.
Causes: Freckles are very common, and they are triggered by exposure to sunlight. The melanocytes absorb the sun and produce more melanin, thereby causing freckles. They are a natural reaction of the skin to the sun.
It runs in families, and children are likely to have freckles if the parents had them.
It also depends on complexion – fair people are more prone to have freckles than dark people.
Tanning, whether done by the sun or in a salon, also increases the chances of having freckles.
In some people, the freckles appear in the summer and disappear in the winter.
While some precancerous lesions may start off as tiny brown spots and be mistaken for freckles, freckles per se are not cancerous.
Management: While there are stories that freckles are angel kisses, they are not true. Freckles do not bring any good luck charm and can be prevented and avoided to improve overall skin and esthetic appeal.
Prevention is the first option, and if you are genetically disposed to have freckles, it is best to take measures that can reduce freckles. Avoiding or reducing sun exposure and using good sun protection can help in reducing the number of freckles and the darkness of the freckles.
Freckles can be treated by one of the following:
Topical Creams- Though widely used, these contain bleaching agents which act on the entire skin and not just the freckles. Retin-A is one of the widely used products.
Laser- Considered the best method for freckle removal, a beam of the laser is used to get rid of the unwanted melanocytes which produce melanin. This not only reduces freckles, it also improves skin tone and colour.
Cryotherapy- Liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the melanin-producing cells, thereby removing freckles.
If you have freckles, try these measures for getting rid of them. Once that is done, preventing freckle formation with limiting sun exposure and sun protection is extremely essential.
Are you looking for ways to deal with chronic urticaria? This is an uncomfortable skin health condition which is featured by red, itchy welts appearing on any part of your body. The cause of this condition is unknown to us most of the times. When the cause of chronic urticaria cannot be determined, the condition is called chronic idiopathic urticaria. There are several ways of dealing with this condition.
Here is a list of the top ways to deal with chronic urticaria:
Try to Avoid Known Triggers: Avoiding known triggers is the best way of controlling chronic urticaria. You should consult an allergist for determining the triggers which might affect you. The most common triggers include foods such as eggs, shellfish, peanuts, and several food additives. Several pain medications, physical stimuli like temperature, exercise, pollen, and certain bacterial infections and viral infections are common triggers.
Take Your Medicines Regularly: You should regularly take your medicines prescribed for dealing with chronic urticaria. Antihistamines are commonly used. The use of corticosteroids or epinephrine infections may also be required.
Soothe Your Skin: Scratching is bad for your chronic urticaria and should be avoided to prevent the hives from being aggravated. Dry skin triggers scratching and so you should keep your skin well moisturised. Take frequent baths, and use moisturising creams and ointments.
Wear Loose Clothes: Friction and pressure on your affected skin may worsen the hives. You should abstain from wearing tight belts, constricting clothes, and shoes which do not fit well. Choose soft fabric material clothes.
Alternative Therapies: Stress accounts for worsening this health condition. You should practice techniques which relax your mind and soul, such as meditation, yoga, and deep breathing. These are effective in stress relief. Some studies state that acupuncture may also be associated with decreasing the symptoms of chronic urticaria.
Manage Your Symptoms: If you are suffering from chronic urticaria, all your efforts will be directed towards managing all the visible symptoms. However, you must also deal with the invisible symptoms such as depression and anxiety. Living with this condition is a challenging and painful task, which often results in depression, and emotional imbalance. Emotional stress, fatigue, and emotional distress are triggered by chronic urticaria.