Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raghunandha ReddyYour feedback matters!
What kind if tablets I need to use to heal my foot bone crack and what kind if diet I have to maintain? Please let me know.
I am 48 years. I have lipoma on my back. The lump is not painful but a living botheration. Please advise.
I am 19 year old male and I am suffering from hair loss and my head appears bald can you please suggest me any solution, I feel very depressed because of the same?
I have itching and infection near my thighs it is there from 3week what should I do because it itches a lot.
I have a pimples problem on my face from last 4 years I have consult 2 doctors but no improvement and I have also pigmentation on my face.
I have got sever dandruff and hairfall. I have tried many oils. But nothing worked out. Can you suggest some thing?
During winter my palm forms small water filled blisters which itches a little and ends up cracking of skin of my entire palm it gets fixed and repeats 3-4 times every winter. I want to know wht it is and how to fix it?
I am 22 yr old male and some of my black hairs are converting into the grey hairs. What should I do?
Everyone desires to have a glowing skin and it is very important that the face is washed regularly and moisturized to keep it smooth. Many beauty treatments are available to make the skin look young and radiant, but some of them are also ineffective and do not reduce the effects of aging. Some treatments like use of chemical peels, photofacial treatment and microdermabrasion are useful in returning the glow of your skin.
Use of chemical peels
The use of chemical peels mainly involves the use of chemicals to remove the upper layer of the skin. The layer of the skin is peeled easily as additives or some wax is added in the chemical peels. The remaining cells are moisturized by the acidic solution and it also helps in the promotion of collagen production and gives your face an even complexion. Acne problem can be treated using chemical peels and these peels can be used even on hands and neck. Nevertheless, there are some side effects that are caused by chemical peels as well.
Side-effects caused by Chemical peels
1. Use of chemical peels on the face sometimes causes scarring, characteristically on the lower part of the face. The appearance of the scars can be reduced using steroid medications and antibiotics.
2. The common side effects that are caused by the use of chemical peels are itching, redness and swelling of the skin.
3. Sometimes the color of the skin gets a little more darkened by using chemical peels or even lighter than normal and this condition is permanent.
4. The herpes virus that causes cold sores is flared up by use of chemical peels.
5. Carbolic acid is used in deep chemical peels and it can damage the heart muscles and even cause irregular heartbeat.
6. Carbolic acid or phenol used in the peels can harm the liver and kidneys. Hence, to avoid its side-effects the peel must be used at an interval of 10 to 20 minutes.
Who should not use a chemical peel?
1. Chemical peels are not advised for people who have been taking acne medication for the past 6 months or for people having dark complexion.
2. People with freckles and pale complexion or red hair must not use chemical peels
3. You should not use chemical peels if you have a history of severe outbreaks of cold sores.
4. People having abnormal skin pigmentation or facial warts must also not use chemical peels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.