Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raghu Ramaiah GYour feedback matters!
WHAT IS THE SOLUTION FOR MORNING PHELM AND THROAT IRRITATION. SINCE 10 YEARS. Pls TELL ME RIGHT ADVICE TO RELIEF FROM THIS. I AM sinus OPERATED.
As she's 44 years & reaching to menopause, can any medicine to increase libido, also to make her strong and healthy as request to take precautions.
I am 21 year old. My penis is small and thin so please guide me for growth my penis length and diameter without sidedefect.
My mother is of age 35 and she is suffering from diabetes she is avoiding all the things that contain sugar but still her sugar level is high she has become very weak. Please help me.
I am 26 years old and I have Hepatitis B positive from last one years, is there any medicine for that.
Dear sir I am 78 years old my engegraphi and angioplasty was done in 2002 ,since then I am taking a tablet of Amtas AT 25 one OD and ecosprin AV 75 one od , now my BP remain normal but some times it goes down like 116/76 puls 73 and 129/75 p 68 At that time I miss one day Tablets then it comes normal 146/85 P82 pl advise me whether I should continent tablets OR reduce the dosage
I am 29 year old. Have 2 year old baby. I am very weak and skinny. I eat well no problem with eating. My hb level is 9.0. I eat healthy food. Sometimes I get constipation. I have under gone fissure surgery after c sec. Other wise I am completely fine.
Hives, also called urticaria are swollen welts or bumps that appear on your skin suddenly.
They itch, burn and sting and can happen anywhere on your body. You can get them on your face, lips, tongue, ears or chest. And in size, they can be as small as an eraser to as large as a plate. They also form plaques and can last for hours or up to several days.
- Acute urticaria - These type of hives last less than six weeks. The most common causes are allergies due to certain foods and medications, or infections. These hives can also happen due to diseases or insect bites.
- Chronic urticaria - Hives lasting more than six weeks come under this category. What causes them is usually more difficult to identify than what causes acute urticaria. In some cases, chronic hives are caused due to thyroid disease, hepatitis or even cancer. This type can affect your internal organs like lungs, muscles, and the gut. Thus, symptoms include muscle soreness, shortness of breath, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
- Physical urticaria - These types are caused due to direct physical stimulation of the skin due to cold, heat, sun exposure, vibration, pressure, sweating, and exercise.
What causes hives?
Hives happen mostly due to allergies. Some of the common hive triggers are-
Certain foods, especially peanuts, eggs, nuts and shellfish- Fresh foods are more likely to cause hives as compared to cooked foods. Certain food additives and preservatives can also play culprits. Medicines like penicillin and sulfa- based antibiotics, aspirin and ibuprofen which are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, high blood pressure drugs like ACE inhibitors, and painkillers such as codeine can also trigger hives. Other things that may cause it are:
- Insect bites
- Transfusion of blood
- Bacterial infections, including urinary tract infections and infected throat
- Viral infections- common cold and hepatitis
- Pollen grains
- Plants like poison oak and poison ivy
- Cold weather
- Pet dander
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.