Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raghu Kumar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Raghu KumarYour feedback matters!
I have tonsils from last few days. From yesterday night I'm not able to speak properly please help me out.
Headache is one of the most frequently encountered problem at a clinic. Even questions at lybrate are mostly studded with this symptom.
More often than not, headaches are self limiting and without a serious medical problem. But any chronic headache needs proper evaluation for definitive therapy.
Grossly, headaches can be divided into primary (no definite structural lesion in brain) or secondary (associated with changes).
Any headache, if associated with vomiting without nausea, visual disturbance or nerve deficit (new onset squint, double vision, loss of sensation anywhere, facial deviation amongst many) may indicate secondary headache, but exceptions are there. These require immediate attention to rule out life threatening disease.
Commonest primary headache is tension type headache all of us have felt at certain times. Often it is like a band pressing around forehead. Common analgesics manage them well but for recurrent problem, we might prescribe prophylactic drug.
Migraine is something very common presenting as pain in one half of head with vomiting, nausea, visual or auditory aura. They require immediate analgesic like acetaminophen and prophylaxis with propranolol or amitriptyline.
Cluster headache, as the name suggests, comes in cluster for few days and more common in male. Oxygen has been proven as effective treatment.
Trigeminal neuralgia is more sharp, lanceolating pain, but responds satisfactorily to carbamazepine.
Sinusitis, in frontal bone presents as headache more around 10am in the morning that requires therapy with antihistamines and antibiotics occasionally.
Therefore' headache' carries little value unless it is described in detail to ensure proper therapy.
I have a constant nasal blockage, and I need to constantly blow my nose, could you suggest some remedy.
I had a sinusitis operations in 2009 by laproscopic surgery. I was relieved of my sinusitis problem. But again I am facing the sinusitis problem since last one years. When I sleep, opposite side of my nostril get blocked, again it reopens when I turn to otherwise, but the alternate nostril gets block. What is the solution?Do I again need to undergo the surgery?
I am having chronic gas problem, sometimes it leads to tightened of stomach and dizziness also. please guide me with this.
I am having sore throat these days a lot of cough in first 2 days but no fever now there is cough but not that frequent but still throat is infected and I can't take antibiotics. Please guide.
Have white lesions on my inner cheeks and back throat and red bumps on my throat for more than 2 weeks and have been taking flucanazole for 2 weeks (oral candida) no effect? lesions had started paining.
I have very bad habit of snoring that with loud sound, I am having sinuous problem and got operated, snoring problem starts after getting operated. I seriously want to stop this habit, please help me in detail.
Nose bleeding happens because of the presence of a large amount of blood vessels in the nose. Most common reasons for nose bleeding are nose picking, trauma, low levels of Vitamin K, Vitamin C, colds and allergies and nose lining getting dry along with so many other reasons. If you are 40 years and above, you must be really conscious about nose bleeding. But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let’s first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
- Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
- Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn’t stop then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose stops bleeding by direct pressure on the nose.
- Apply ice: This can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually shrinks and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and root of nose.
- No anxiety: Bleeding is a safety valve, specially, in hypertensive patients. If nose doesn't bleed than brain would bleed. It's better nose to bleed than brain.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures:
- Elevate the head end while resting.
- Do not blow or scratch nose forcefully.
- Keep blood pressure in control.
- Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
- Make sure the room you sleep in isn’t dry. Keep a check on the humidity of the room, especially, in winter electric heaters dry up air. Keep a mug of water in room.
- Need to take special care in winters because the nose lining gets dry mostly. Apply Vaseline or oil or Ghee.
- Drink plenty of water and citrus food like oranges, lemon, sweet lime, Indian gooseberry to keep your nose moist and strengthen blood vessels.
- Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!