Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Raghu CYour feedback matters!
I have high blood pressure problem every time my blood pressure increase and after that chest pain please advise me what to do for that.
Atherosclerosis two heart attacks. 2 ptca to heart and one to right carotid artery. Icd implanted following two episodes of vt. Diabetic. Values under control. Request for ayurvedic treatment. Vertigo of late.
This is for my dad. He recently had a minor heart attack and a stent was put via angioplasty in the vein which was blocked. I want to know the diet that he should follow now to be safe for future.
Oats, beeans,nuts,foods fortified with sterols and stanols, and fatty fish lowers cholesterol.
Can you suggest ayurvedic medicines for lowering LDL or bad cholesterol. The reading is 151 and normal range is below 100.
I am a 27 year old male. Often i am feeling tired, short of energy to do things. Not able to concentrate in any things because of tiredness. I am having high bp 140/90. Daily morning I used to do exercise also. What should I do to get rid of tiredness ?
Sir muje chest pain rahta hai. Sardi ke sath hi sans lene me problem aati h. Chalte samay sans fulti hai. SIR ji Kuch Ray finite.
I am 38 year old male and taking selokel xl 25 from past 3 years for blood pressure, my BP was normal but from past 2 weeks it's around 140 to 145 and 95-90. Please tell me a natural way to reduce my blood pressure.
My mom has cholesterol and she take medicines daily as directed by the doctor can you please tell me what are the best things for her which she can eat.
I had myocardial infarction in 2012 at age of 26. Angiogram has been done and found no blockage. Am taking only medications and since then consume Ecosprin AV-75. Is there a chance of heart attack/myocardial infarction for the second time even while taking Ecosprin tablets. Is it necessary to take tablets for lifetime? What are the side effects am still 29, married and have one child. Please clear my doubts it would be of great help.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high and bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
My blood pressure is always 130/90. It is normal or not. Morning time its 120/80 and after meal its 130/90. Is it normal or want to go to the doctor?
Any treatment for sleep apnea. I am suffering from mild sleep apnea (index 51). Also not having deep sleep. Morning BP shows higher result than day time and evening result.
Following a healthy lifestyle that is armed with a well-regulated diet is the most important aspect of combating your cardio-vascular disease. If you think that it is going to be very difficult to achieve, then you will be happy to know that the reality is quite the opposite. You can achieve your goals by following short and simple steps that would help you to reap long-term benefits for protecting your cardio-vascular health.
- Try to use the calories consumed: It is very important to know how many calories you are consuming in a span of 24 hours. The calorie and nutritional information given on the food levels are normally based on the 2000 calorie diet. But it is crucial to know that your individual calorie requirement is dependent on numerous factors, including your age, gender as well as level of physical activities. When you are aiming to restrict your weight gain, it is recommended not to eat more than you can use up in a day along with increasing the intensity and amount of physical activity so that it matches the amount of physical activity. You must try to incorporate either 75 minutes of hard training or 150 minutes of moderate exercise in a span of seven days in order to boost healthy weight loss.
- Consume a wide array of nutritious items from all food groups: Though you may believe that you are eating a sufficient amount of foods, your body may not be receiving an optimum amount of nutrients it needs for proper functioning. Foods that are considered rich in nutrients must contain sufficient amounts of protein, minerals, whole grains and other variants of nutrients with low calorie content. These foods not only aid in reduction of weight but also trigger lowering of blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Eat right: You must aim to incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet besides whole grains, dairy products with low fat contents, legumes and nuts. It is important to stay away from red meat, trans fat, artificially sweetened beverages and sodium. Experts also suggest consuming less of food that has poor nutrient content in order to protect your heart.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: Simply exercising and eating a healthy diet is important, but you should not eliminate the adverse effects of smoking and alcohol consumption, which not only cast an impact on the health of your heart but also cause a variety of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. The medications and remedial measures vary greatly among individuals and thus, it is crucial to speak with a doctor for receiving personalized treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
1. Obesity can triple the risk of heart disease.
2. 31% of indians are either overweight or obese.
3. Hypertension and stress, esp. From work, account for more than 50% of heart ailments.
4. 100 million people in india have high blood pressure.
5. Over 40% of urban indians have high lipid levels which are major risk factors for heart disease.
Please practice healthy lifestyle habits.
1. A strict no to smoking, alcohol, illegal drugs, hypertension, stress.
2. Eat low fat, low salt, high fiber diet.
3. Do physical activity.
Most people can not resist cocktail parties, obsession with shipping, sedentary living etc. Man needs to control his senses, freshen up his common sense and make life healthily convenient.