Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RaghavendraYour feedback matters!
Dr. One of my female friend faces this problem sometimes suddenly her body gets cold and starts sweating in face and hand at that time she felts very sleepy after sleeping for sometime she gets normal her weight is 65 and age 22 may I know what is the problem she having.
I am suffering from common cold from last 15 days and also cough how can I prevent it? Please advise.
My 68 year old gray is suffering from asthma. What is the effect of using asthma preventer long term. I heard that using it for a year might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements for particular.
I am suffering from fever from last 2 weeks. When I eat some food some agglutination feel. So what can I do to get rid of it?
I over masturbate since 15 now I am 21 year old female I masturbate by rubbing clitoris I have shortness of breath, dizziness,body pain ,lower pelvic pain, back pain, nervous,and can not even talk I have shortness of breath when talking and I did not do hard exercise. I am facing deadly symptoms I can not even wear underwear I study about masturbation in internet it produce excess sex hormone and neurotransmitter and it cause urination problem and swelling ,back pain My question is how to cure this problem did any test for sex hormones and neuro transmitter can I do mri scan which doctor I have to consult and wht is the procedure to cure this problem .pls give me ans to save my life.
I am 28, male My left nostril is 80% block. I get cold in every 15 days or every month, which last for 7-15 days. Its only cold with running or stuffy nose, there is no cough with cold. My result into soar throat also. What is the difference between dns & turbinate? appearance wise my nose looks straight, its not deviated! how would I know if its a turbinate or dns? what can be effective treatment? thanks.
I have 4 inch penis when full erected. Is there any medication for that. Please no lectures allowed.
My neck eye and head pains and some times there will be dizziness. Whether it brain related problem or spondylitis.
I am told that a diabetic should not take groundnuts /peanuts. Want to know if fried groundnut/ peanut can be taken, if not raw kernels. Please advice?
My urine comes with lubricant and somd times with sperm count from past many years what should I do?
From few months there is itching in my left breast around nipple. It happens very rarely and there is no fluid or something is coming out. So is this itching is normal or should I go some for test.
My mom (age, 50)had a nasal cyst surgery before a month but she is yet not recovered, she have a severe tooth pain and weakness and suffering from heavy acidity from high dose medicines, Need help & suggestions to maker her recover fast -As I know it takes month to make this normal but 1.5 months is already passed and we are not getting positive results.
I have an habit of doing masturbation twice in a week. Is it good for health? Recently I'm facing itching while going for urine once I finished with masturbation.
Tablet sova n tablet tryplent 10 mg, is it can be taken for long lasting in sex. I am 40 years old. Only last 1 mts.
My sperm count is very low & seaman quantity is not sufficient so please suggest me a good factor for the treatment.
I'm 21 years old guy and I'm observing that my genitals are imbalanced (left one is a bit lo than the right one or vice versa, not understanding the normal position of them ). Is that a major problem? If yes then should I consult sexologist? Please suggest me.
A Stress test is done by making you do exercises like walking on a treadmill or riding a stationary bike during an Electro Cardiogram or ECG. Sometimes, medication to stimulate your heart is used instead of exercise.
The stress test compares the circulation of blood in the heart when you are resting and when you are under optimum physical pressure. There are various types of stress tests, but the most common of them is the Treadmill Stress Test or TMT.
Why it’s done?
- A stress test is a common test for identifying a heart problem like Coronary Artery Disease or CAD in which the major blood vessels that supply your heart with blood, oxygen and nutrients, also called coronary arteries, get blocked, damaged or diseased.
- It’s also used for determining the condition of your heart after a heart attack.
- TMT utilizes exercise so it helps to show up extreme shortness in breathing, chest discomfort, dizziness and sudden weakness- all of these indicating an underlying heart condition.
- TMT is also used to check the efficiency of the heart medications for diseases like angina and ischemia and to monitor heart function in patients who’ve had an angioplasty or a heart attack earlier.
- It is also to identify an abnormal heart rhythm due to exercise.
CAD and Diabetes
People with diabetes are at high risk of coronary artery disease, as it tends to present late, Diabetics also suffer more silent heart muscle problems like Ischemia. This is why TMT is a lifesaver for diabetics as early detection and intervention can save lives.
- You need to prepare yourself before you take a stress test.
- You must not eat or drink anything but water for four hours before the exercise stress test which includes TMT.
- You should not drink any beverage with caffeine for twelve hours before the test too.
- You must stop all medications for the heart on the day the test is scheduled, unless specifically instructed by your doctor.
- If you are a diabetic, you should ask your doctor how much insulin can you inject on the day of the test, and if you are on pills, be aware that the medication is only to be taken after the completion of the stress test.
- You should wear comfortable clothes and soft walking shoes or sneakers for the TMT.
How is a TMT done?
A nurse or technician will place electrodes on your chest. These are then attached to wires that carry the electrical activity of your heart to the monitor and recorder of the ECG/EKG machine. These leads record different parts of your heart.
- Before you start the test, the EKG will record your heart activity on paper. This is called the Resting EKG.
- Initially, the treadmill is switched on at a rather slow ‘warm-up’ speed and gradually both the incline of the treadmill and the speed is increased every three minutes called stages.
- During TMT your blood pressure is recorded at the second minute in every stage.
- A stress test generally takes up to 90 minutes from beginning to end, but the exercise part of the test takes only 20 minutes.
- If you develop any uneasiness, TMT is stopped before the target heart rate is achieved.
How TMT Works
During the TMT, the healthy arteries in the heart dilate more than the blocked ones. This uneven dilation means that more blood is provided to the heart by the healthy arteries as compared to the blocked ones to their designated areas. This lowered blood flow makes the muscles in those areas thirsty for more blood during the TMT, creating symptoms like chest pain, and/or shortness of breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.