Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Radhika NaikYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I hv a cyst in my left ovary. Doctor advise me to take crisanta . After finishing the pack yesterday I get the bleeding bt it was very light. I did not knw why. ? Or is it menstrual bleeding? Please advise me what should I do. My pills finished on sunday .
Is large antimalarial drug is safe in pregnancy we have already taken injection and in blood test report negative shown.Please tell.
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With In-vitro fertilization (IVF), couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am having sex with my gf this month for first time I'll use condom as protection but I am still worry to be safer side I wanna give her contraceptive pill also so please tell me how tat pill should be used and for one time only or how many days continuously she has to take tat tablet for not getting pregnant at all at any cost, because I don't want to take any chance please guide me correctly so tat I can follow tat method with her but let me be sure tat she will not get pregnant at all.
I had a sex on 12/08/16 and I took ipill And now there is an irregular bleeding but my period date is around 1 and I had sex again on 22/08/16 now problem is that bleeding is not stopped yet and the condoms was tear can I take ipill again or what should I do to avoid pregnancy please help me.
Here are types and procedures and detail description of Surrogacy.