Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. R. Ramakrishna ReddyYour feedback matters!
I have ligament problem in my left knee and i am feel pain when i get a a jerk. Also i cant run properly also. Please advise
I am suffering from severe pain in the back side of the shoulder since two days. I have fallen down from then I am suffering from severe pain. I have taken ACELIFT PLUS tablets. What should I do now?
I am 48 years old having little back pain and feeling chest discomfort some time . What should I do.
My son is 27 yrs old n had foot pain. No swelling no redness. Dr. asked to check uric acid its higher side n shows 6.2 is that pain due to arthritis?? Now he has pain in elbow bt that due to some sports. Report x ray r normal.
I am an accountant by profession and spending around 8 hours on system, I am feeling numbness in legs while working on computer / sitting in car and some time mild shivering in hands. Recently I had a viral fever although this problem is started before that I also done blood test all are normal and got consultation from endocrinologist he said just vitamins deficiency and took prescribed medicine for 1 month. However, problem still remain. I also had a Ultrasound whole abdomen and that doctor said you don't have any issue just mild liver enlargement which is not to worry after viral this is common, I also done sugar test many time just in doubt but sugar is also normal but not recently did any sugar test honestly. I am totally confused is there any doctor who can help me to get rid from this weakness. I would really thankful for your valuable advice. I can consult in Delhi/Gurgaon.
The knee is the largest joint of the body and is made up of upper and lower bones that are separated by two discs known as menisci. While minor knee pain may be experienced by many people, it should be handled with medical intervention when it becomes a serious and debilitating problem. Sudden injury or injury due to overuse as well as myriad conditions that affect the joints and muscles can bring about knee pain. Underlying conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis, which affect the bones and joints, can also cause knee pain. The symptoms include painful swelling and stiffness as well as severe discomfort.
Let us learn more about the causes of knee pain and the ways in which it can be managed:
- Injury: Exercise and sports injuries are one of the most common causes that can be the start of acute knee pain, as well as chronic condition. These kinds of injuries can affect the ligaments and cartilage which leads to severe pain. The pain can even affect the way one functions in one's daily life. Knee ligament injuries can also cause this kind of pain. These ligaments are bands of tissues that connect the thigh bone with the lower leg bones. Sprains and tears in the ACL or PCL are common in sports injuries, and may even require surgery in many cases. Knee Cartilage Tears can also take place in the hard yet flexible cartilage of the knee which can affect the meniscus around the knee. This condition may also require surgery.
- Arthritis: This condition can affect the knees specifically and is one of the most common types of arthritis. This is a chronic condition which gets progressively worse over time and may even require surgery. Stiffness and inflammation are common symptoms. Rheumatoid arthritis is also a degenerative auto-immune disease that can affect the knees and cause knee pain. Furthermore, post traumatic arthritis can also be experienced after an injury. Osteoarthritis is another common condition that leads to knee pain. It basically occurs due to wear and tear of the knees over a prolonged period and is usually experienced by patients over the age of 50.
- Managing Knee Pain: While pain medication and anti-inflammatory drugs may be prescribed for most cases, along with the surgery in long run, it is also possible to manage knee pain with the help of better lifestyle choices like regular knee and muscle strengthening exercises as well as REST - rest, ice, compression and elevation. These methods can help in relieving inflammation and pain. But very severe cases will require medical intervention, so it is imperative to get in touch with your doctor if the condition does not improve. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I feel regular pain in my legs, I am 29 years old male, I am gym going and I have strong muscular body.
Hii I am Keisha. I am 22 years old. I have severe pain at foot while running. How to overcome this problem.
I am suffering from a regular body pain specially in my legs and my lower back pain. I don't have any physical activity because of my work schedule can you please help me with this?
Recently all tests done, report came all was ok 2d echo heart xray except, high sensitivity crp, it was 4.7 im 21 years old and a bp patient, also im having swelling in my right leg ankle is there any relation with crp?
Sir, I'm suffering from acute backache since last 40/45 days. Sometimes I'm taking painkiller pills as per the pharmacist's advice but that is of no use to reduce my pain. Pl suggest me proper medication.
I'm 21 years and I'm having pain in my left leg, that to only at the back side of knee and some above and some below part too, it feels like a nerve pain (more over) or muscle pain I can't say exactly but it is from long 2 years with this I'm unable to walk ease after some time of squat sitting. I consulted a doctor but I was not cured. Please suggest me what to do to get rid of this leg pain some times this this pain will be severe that I can't or stand.
When am lifting my right shoulder I feel pain in my shoulder joint please suggest prescription and medical suggestions.
Torn or damage cartilage is not just a problem for the sportsmen. It can occur to anyone. It is generally caused due to a direct hit on the body parts. Its treatment is far more complicated than a simple bone injury. The best sign to know whether or not you have injured your cartilage is to check out your activities. If you have hurt your joint and don’t notice major symptoms, like if you are still capable of putting weight on and move the joint, you might have had a cartilage injury. It doesn’t hurt you a lot in the beginning, but might get worse later.
Here are the initial care and self-treatment procedure:
- Protection: It is the first thing that has to be kept in mind. You must protect the affected area from any further injury. Thus, providing an external support, for example, use a knee brace.
- Rest: Provide complete rest to the affected joint. The rest is must during the first two or three days. Crutches may help the situation if you’ve got an injury around your knee or ankle. It is then advisable to return back to light activity over the next few days or weeks, as prescribed by the doctor.
- Ice: It is best to apply an ice pack to the injured area for about 15 to 20 minutes in every two to three hours. This must be repeated in the first two to three days.
- Compression: Use a bandage to provide the needed compression to the injured area to avoid any swelling and movement. This will not let things go beyond control.
- Elevation: You must keep the injured area raised. Keep it supported on a pillow to reduce swelling.
If there is an unbearable pain, take painkillers such as paracetamol or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). If your condition doesn’t improve after the initial therapy, you must consult a doctor immediately.
- Physiotherapy: It can be helpful in treating the affected joint. If there is any difficulty in moving the affected joint, you must opt for physiotherapy. A professional will be able to teach you exercises that will strengthen your muscles and provide support to the joint. This will help you in getting rid of the pain. It can be also beneficial at a time when you are recovering from any surgical procedure.
- Surgery: If physiotherapy doesn’t work, it means you have severe cartilage damage. In that case, you might be advised to take up surgical procedures to set things in proper shape. Surgery is done either by opening the joint or by Arthroscopy. There are various types of surgery which can be done. 1st the old and successful surgery wherein damaged part of the cartilage is debrided and filled with normal cartilage from the non-weight bearing part of the joint. 2nd is ACI (Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation) is a 2 stage procedure wherein chondrocyte is grown using stem cell and implanted in defect part in 2nd stage. 3rd is multiple drilling of the area usually done in children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.