Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R. LingamYour feedback matters!
Hi this is soniya I would like to know about the symptoms of allergies and why does it comes specifically on face.
While having sexual contact. While we do not use condom. The sperm while enter the body it will make pregnancy. So here is my question. Any medicine is their to kill sperm 100% with out using condoms.
I have spastic diplegia due to cerebral palsy by birth. Locomotor disability. How to get rid of this disability.
I have came vomiting again and again last night. I eat some apple slice only. I have also diperiya. please solution my problem.
She is having asthma from a very long time so what is the best practice or medicine to keep it under control.
Hi, I have a big problem that its been long now that I am doing Masturbation twice a day daily and I do not feel relax without this and I want to find a solution to stop all this sometimes I think its bad but I can not sleep without doing it at night so please give me suggestion what should you do. Do this Masturbation ruin my future sex life?
I am 37 year old, my weight is 100 kg. How to lose weight without exercise, what should I do. BP- OK Sugar- OK (Non diabetic)
I am 34 years old. I try to go to bed at 12am. But I can't sleep time to time and feel very anxious about some problems associated by my business. So what should I do now?
Hii I am s17 years old and from last 3 year I summer from a problem that is running sweat from my armpit even in winter or summer ethire it is day or night so please give me good suggestion about this.
Regards, I am having a question for my mom, she is 58 years old Her Medical History: she is having thyroid from last 10-12 years but its in control, She is not having diabetes and blood pressure. Problem: She is not able to have a single bite of spicy food from almost last 2 years. First of all she stopped taking outside spicy food and now she can't have home spicy foods also. She is not able to have a single bite of green chillies. Treatment done: We have taken some reports by consulting our family doctor. The sonography report came normal, but the ECG was little bit abnormal so we consult a cardiologist, and we have taken out 2D echo and stress test and both the reports came normal. Have a Good Day Thank You.
What are the reasons for headache in only one side? Sometimes on the right side n sometimes on the left side of the forehead.
One of my sister suffering from neck problem, Because of some work her sound is like men sound Please suggest me some natural medicine to overcome that problem.
I sneeze a lot after having rice, milk, curd cold water & even dust. Am I allergic to these things? What shall I do?
Dehydration, in simple words, is shortage of water in the body. Every cell in the body needs water in order to function properly. In fact, an adult's body weight is 60% water, while an infant's is up to 80% water. Other than oxygen, there is nothing that the body needs more than water.
Water - the irreplaceable
Water is so important because it has many critical functions in the body. Among other activities, water:
* lubricates the joints and connective tissues
* helps digest the food
* liquifies the mucus when you have got a cold
* eliminates bodily heat through sweat
* carries oxygen, carbohydrates and fats to working muscles
* flushes waste from the body through urine
* boosts endurance during prolonged exercise
* wards off bladder infections by washing out harmful bacteria
* helps curb your appetite
* plumps up wrinkles
* quenches thirst
Types of dehydration;
Mild, moderate and severe are the three types of dehydration. In mild dehydration, body loses 5% of its fluid. Once the loss of body fluid reaches 10%, it is moderate dehydration where medical attention is required. Once the loss of body fluid reaches 15%, it is severe dehydration where the affected person should be hospitalized immediately for intravenous replacement of fluids. In summer one could have lot of sweating which is very normal as the body balances its temperature. The only precaution that could prevent any type of dehydration is to replace lost fluid by drinking plenty of water regularly. Make it a point to take a minimum of 3 litres of water daily.
Dehydration can happen due to:
* insufficient liquid/water intake
* excessive loss of fluids due to diarrhea, vomiting and sunstroke
Signs and symptoms:
* furious thirst
* dizziness or nausea
* extreme exhaustion
* loss of elasticity of skin and wrinkling
* reduced urination
* easily irritable
* dry tongue
Treatment - home remedies
In mild cases of dehydration, the treatment is following the simple thumb rule of replacing the lost fluid. Non-alcoholic drinks may be given in plenty. Coconut water is the best. The oral dehydration solutions and sachets are available, which are easy to use. The following are some of the home remedies:
* drink plenty of water by adding sugar or salt to it.
* take yogurt, buttermilk, mint, apple, pomegranate, papaya, banana, carrot, potato, etc.
* add a few drops of pudinhara to half a cup of water and drink 3 - 4 times.
* drink a mixture of 1 tsf mint juice, 1/2 tsf ginger juie and 1 tsf honey.
* drink 1/2 tsf of dry ginger powder in 1 cup of buttermilk, 3 - 4 times a day.
* chew a few pieces of inner lining of pomegranate with salt and/or drink pomegranate juice.
* prepare a mixture by adding 1/2 tsf lemon juice, 1/2 tsf ginger juice and 1/4 tsf pepper powder and drink it.
* roast 1/2 tsf cumin (jeera) seeds and 1/2 tsf fenugreek seeds; mix and powder it, add to 4 tsf of yogurt, take it thrice a day.
* grate one raw papaya. Add 3 cups of water, boil for 10 mins, strain and finish the water in one day.
* stew apple with 2 pinches of nutmeg powder and 1 tsf sugar and eat it.
* eat plenty of fresh fruits.
* eat one green banana every two to four hours until symptoms subside.
* food rich in potassium are important to restore the body's essential stores depleted during diarrhea. Such foods include lentils, bananas, mangoes, pineapples, coconut milk and citrus fruits.
* avoid alcohol and caffeine, apticots, peas, pears, peaches, plums, prunes, etc. During dehydration.