Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.A Sastry
Submit a review for Dr. R.A SastryYour feedback matters!
Give medicine 4 psoriasis. He is 19 years old. And he has suffered from last 10 years. He is chilly patient. He has recurrently coryza. With severe sneezing. His mother has eczema, he thought he is physically n mentally weak. Before exam or any work he has much more stress. Also diarrhoea n fever before attempting exam. It is on head leg and hand. Little deafness due to sneezing n coryza. Burning pain during stool passing after eating much spicy food. White hair. He forgot the things like name of frd, any work, etc.Please help sir .
I have fibre like structures near anus for years. I had hysterectomy surgery before 2 years and after the surgery I am also suffering from itchiness and acidity. From last 1 month I am feeling heavy abdomen, back pain, mouth ulcer, itchiness at genital region. What is my problem and treatment and its expenses.
HI Docs; My wife having gallstone of 32mm. Kindly suggest how it can be removed without surgery. I being last from 6 years developed from 13mm to 32mm, pains rarely.
"I ve been suffering from Gas/Bad Odor constantly. Also have bad taste in mouth and also tongue has white deposit by end of day. Also, have bloating of stomach and Gas. 36 years old.
I am not having a proper digestion at least from last one one month. Its just I always go to washroom and when I am over after I never feel free properly its just I don't know why, very irritating. That leads to make lazy all the time. I really got to know why is this happening?
One of the most common gastric problems faced by people is hyperacidity. The stomach normally secretes acids, which are essential for the digestion of food. However, due to various reasons, there could be excessive acid secretion or the secreted acid not utilized well. This could lead to acidity or reflux of the acid, which also causes other symptoms, as listed below.
- Dyspepsia: This queasy stomach feeling leads to nausea, burping, bloating, and abdominal pain, especially in the upper region.
- Regurgitation: This is when the contents of the stomach come up into the throat, and sometimes even lead to vomiting. This could leave a bad taste in the mouth.
- Heartburn: The regurgitated acid can lead to a burning sensation in the chest/upper abdominal area.
The acid that is usually contained within the stomach can regurgitate and reach the esophagus, where it can damage the lining, even leading to ulcers.
Reasons for hyperacidity:
Though it is a chronic condition, there could be episodes when the acidity feeling is quite high.
- After a heavy meal: Food in the stomach promotes acid production, and too much food causes excessive acid production.
- When the valve that controls reflux of acid into the esophagus is weak, there could be a release of acid on bending over or lying on the back, leading to heartburn.
- Too much stress leads to excessive acid production, again causing hyperacidity.
- Pregnancy may cause hyperacidity.
Hyperacidity is a chronic condition, but can definitely be managed through prevention and cure.
- Prevention: Different people have different triggers and a pattern is usually identifiable. When you know the triggers, try avoiding them. This includes avoiding the food items which cause (caffeine, chocolate, smoking, alcohol, fried foods, nuts, etc.) acidity. Smoking especially aggravates hyperacidity and so does stress.
- Home remedies: Some of the common home remedies used by people are listed below:
- Ripe banana, with its rich potassium content, beats the acid and provides relief.
- A cup of cold milk absorbs excessive acid and provides relief.
- Jeera relieves gas, promotes saliva, and soothes the stomach lining.
- Elaichi or cardamom relieves spasms caused by acid and reduces the effect of acid.
- Pudina or mint reduces acid and has a cooling effect on the stomach.
- Alma or gooseberry is rich in vitamin C and helps control acidity.
- Cloves stimulate salivation and improve movement of food through the stomach.
- Other Tips: In addition, the following measures are also helpful.
- Not lying down soon after a meal
- Keeping a moderate meal portion
- Sitting for a while after eating (no movement)
- Avoiding spicy food
- Avoid large meals
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.