Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Purushothama ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi my daughter doesn't like to eat anything. Need to feed her forcefully and she just vomiting the next moment after having the food. Please suggest me.
I m 27 years old my baby girl 4 months old actually I am allergic, earlier when I was feeding my baby she's fine even after delivery I ws also fine from. My allergy but now itz again started and my baby also having cough inside what should I do she's not taking bottle milk want my milk only what to do, any medicine for her cough problem I can listen when she's breathing and any substitute of my milk her 5th month started.
My seven years old daughter's eyes are always looking tired and little bit yellowish. But she is very active. Some times she feels headache also. I tried all types of treatment viz allopathic, home, Siddha. None of them have worked. What is the solution?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My baby boy hardly sleep 10 hr a day. And his sleep interval in hardly half an hour. When awake demand feeding continuously so I get stressed and have back pain and fissure problem due to continuously keep on feed to make him stay quite & calm. What should I do. I also consulted a Dr. But he said we will cry no solution for this. He is just 1 month and 10 days old. Is this behavior normal what is the solutions to this problem.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Hello Sir/mam My son is 9 months old. He has cold and cough. From back some days he caught by cold and cough many times. What should I do? Will it cure without medicines? One more question is that, is it necessary to give multivitamin or vitamin drops to the child. Which and when. Thanks.
My niece is just 4 months old. At times she screams loud. What's the reason for her impatience at such small age.
I am 29years old suffering female, suffering from back pain since 4month. I am a breastfeeding mother. I applied pain relief ointments and anti inflammatory ointment not getting any relief. So kindly suggest any medical advice.
Sir meri wife ko fibroids hai please uska koi medicine btaye ya koi ghrelu remedies btaye please doctr.
My baby is 1 month old. Is it ok to start weaning after 40 days? If no wat are the harmful effects of introducing solids early? Wats the best time for weaning a baby?
My sister had adopted a girl child a year back. Baby was then 7 days old. Later as time progresses they figured out her brain size was not increasing normal. How after many doc visits they have settled for some therapy courses everyday for her developmental. She s 1 1/2 years now. Still doesn't walk. But starts sitting with bend down. Forward. She claps smile and sees everyone. Can U pls suggest more as how we can help her without any delay.
My 16 months old son swallowed small pieces of plastic cover now he tried to vomit but vomit did not come what can I do for it.
My 2 year 10 months old boy doesn't talk. Some times blabbering. He is not repeating. But maintaining eye contact. Should we wait for few more months without concerning?
My girl baby is 5 & half month old. She is active but she doesn't want to drink lactogen. I am very worry. That how I drink her milk. Please suggest me.
My daughter body is week. She is not healthy in her age and her body colours is dull. She is looking some black colour. Whats the reason please tell. And what I do.
Pihu is my 8 months old daughter. She is having loose motions for about 3-4 days. I am giving her khichdi, boiled potato n rice. Also I have her z n d solution but no effect. One day she is fine, other day the same. Kindly suggest asap. Also help me with some weight gain tips as she is 8 months n her weight is only 6.5 kgs.
My son who is 2 years and 4 months sleeps from early in the morning until evening and he is awake the whole night and always watching kids videos on mobile all through night.
Diabetes control is governed by following the right diabetic diet. What to eat and what not to eat is important for diabetes control, cure or diabetes reversal.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.