Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priti Thakre
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Infertility
Treatment of Endometriosis
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Treatment of Pcod Problems
Treatment of Infertility in Women
Submit a review for Dr. Priti ThakreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I'm 25. I have PCOS. If I start to take menso aid after how many months it will give the results. Please tell me. Is there any other medicine for cysts. We are planning for a baby. Please reply back.
Hi, My wife has low AMH level (.44) and her age is 32, we detect only 2 eggs, one in each overy, can anyone suggest any ayurveda medicine/diet/exercise to increase AMH level and egg quality..
I want to know treatment for infertility. My wife is not able to conceive since a long time. She is not suffering from PCOD. We have been trying since last 1 year.
Hello, My periods regular. My all reports are Normal. But I am not conceive. What can I do so that I soon pregnant.
Endometriosis is a painful disorder wherein, a tissue that normally belongs to the inside of a woman’s uterus, starts to grow out of the uterus. It common involves a woman’s ovaries, fallopian tubes and the tissue, which lines the pelvis. In case of endometriosis, the displaced endometrial tissue continues to act like normal, becomes thick, breaks down and leads to bleeding with each menstrual cycle. Endometriosis can lead to pain, which might be severe especially during a woman’s period.
Causes of Endometriosis:
- Embryonic Cells Getting Transformed: Hormones like estrogen might transform the cells, which are in the early stage of development, into implantation of endometrial cells at the time of puberty.
- Surgical Scar Implantation: After undergoing a surgery like a hysterectomy or C-section, the endometrial cells might get attached to the incisions done for conducting the surgery.
- Transport of Endometrial Cells: The tissue fluid system or the blood vessels might transport the endometrial cells to different parts of the body.
Let us take a look at some of the symptoms of endometriosis:
- Periods which become painful
- Pain suffered during or after the intercourse.
- Feeling of pain during bowel movements
- Excess bleeding
Possible location of endometriosis:
- Ovaries(the most common site)
- Fallopian tubes
- Back of the uterus
- Front of the uterus
- Uterine ligaments such as the broad or round ligament of the uterus
- Pelvic walls
- Urinary bladder and ureters
Investigations Required in Endometriosis
The investigations required in endometriosis are as follows:
- Pelvic Exam – In this exam, a doctor manually tends to feel certain areas in pelvis for any kind of abnormality like cysts or the reproductive organs or scars behind the uterus.
- Ultrasound – High-frequency sound waves are used to create certain images inside the body, through capturing them via a device known as transducer and getting it pressed against a woman’s abdomen.
- MRI – MRI by way of magnetic field and radio waves help to get detailed images of the tissues and organs in the body.
- Laparoscopy Endometriosis through the eyes of ayurveda: The signs and symptoms mentioned in endometriosis are described in ayurveda under the heading of vataja yonivyapadh and udavartha.
- Apana Vata is considered as the main functioning agent to maintain normal menstruation.
- This is vitiated due to sedentary life style, lack of exercise, sleep, irregular sleep, stressful professional atmosphere, mental tensions and unhealthy food habits.
- The deranged apana vata causes retrograde menstruation leading to endometriosis. Along with this, the other two doshas-pitta and kapha are vitiated leading to hormonal imbalance and abnormal growth of endometrium respectively. Hence, the first and foremost step is to restore the physiology of these doshas.
What are shodhanas?
Shodhanas are detoxifying procedures like snehana, svedana, vamana, virechana and basti. Benefits of shodhana in female reproductive system:
- Biological systems return to normalcy.
- Revitalizes body tissues
- Potentiates pharmacological actions of internal medicines
- Removes toxins
- Improves physiological functions and gut absorption.
- Mental faculties, strength and vitality are enhanced
- Fine tunes the endocrine system (hormonal balance correcting hypothalamus-pituitary-ovarian axis).
- Promotive-promotes fertility, preventive-prevents recurrence and curative- cures from the root and rehabilitative too.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Endometriosis
Endometriosis’s treatment in Ayurveda requires an anti-Pitta diet and regimen, where there would be complete avoidance of all spices, except coriander, turmeric and saffron. One must also refrain from having
- Refined sugar
Good herbs might get included in the form of:
As per Ayurveda, Endometriosis happens as a result of more Kapha due to increased growth of the uterine membrane. Anti-kapha, anti-tumor and general detoxification can be helpful along with some typical herbs like Guggul, Myrrh, Turmeric and Dandelion.
How can Diet and Yoga help to improve Endometriosis?
Modifications in diet by switching to the intake of healthy foods and Yoga can help to a great extent in improving Endometeriosis. Some of the diet tips include:
- Avoiding foods like cakes, donuts and fries that contain trans fats.
- Cut down on consumption of red meat.
- Have lots of fruit, vegetables and whole grains
- Put a check on consumption of caffeine and alcohol
- Reduce the intake of processed foods.
Impact of Yoga
Yoga’s positive impact in treating endometriosis includes:
- Yoga, with its structured approach towards the body help reduce the symptoms of emdometriosis, while improving the general functioning of the body & oxygenation to the organs.
- Women, who have tried out Yoga in order to decrease pain, also observed that there has been an improvement in their condition through healing.
- Control in the breathing exercises decrease anxiety and a general sense of well-being is promoted.
- Yoga helps to ease out menstrual pain, improves fertility and helps in bringing about hormonal balance.
Career Aspirations, Lifestyle And Late Child Bearing Age - Are They Increasingly Leading To Female Infertility Issues?
Female infertility basically refers to infertility among female humans. The problem tends to affect around 48 million women around the world, though it is mainly prevalent among those living in South Asia, North Africa, Middle East, Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia. There are plenty of issues which tend to give rise to this problem among females world over, which we will discuss as we progress.
What Are The Medical Causes of Female Infertility?
There are a number of medical causes behind women coming across difficulties related to fertility. Some of the most common causes include:
- Problems with ovulation
- Fallopian tubes or the uterus getting damaged
- Problems related to cervix
- Submucosal fibroid
Problems related to ovulation can happen because of the following reasons, which include:
Fallopian tubes or uterus can be damaged due to the following reasons:
- Disease of inflammatory pelvic
Various Risk Factors Responsible for Female Infertility
There are number of risk factors primarily responsible for female infertility. The factors include:
- Age: Women, who are in their late 30s generally, tend to be less fertile compared to those who are in their early 20s.
- Career Aspirations: Nowadays women have become so focused about building their careers that they often tend to sway away in their quest for attaining a position in life, hence leading to the delay in conceiving.
- Lifestyle and Environment: These include smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol and being exposed to hazards or toxins in the workplace.
Various Investigations to Determine Female Infertility
There are some investigations which help to determine female infertility, including:
- Ovulation Testing: A rise in luteinizing hormone that occurs before ovulation, along with the blood test for progesterone, thyroid and prolactin indicates that a woman is ovulating.
- Hysterosalpingography: During this test, X-ray contrast gets injected inside the uterus and X-ray is taken for detecting the abnormalities in the uterine cavity. This also helps to determine if the fluid passes out of the uterus and get spilled out in the fallopian tubes.
- Ovarian Reserve Testing: This test helps to determine the quality and quantity of eggs that are available for ovulation.
How to Prevent Female Infertility?
There are quite number of ways through which females can prevent themselves from getting affected by infertility. These include:
- Taking precaution to prevent sexually transmitted diseases
- Avoiding illicit drugs
- Completely avoid use of alcohol
- Adoption of good personal hygiene and health practices
- Having check-ups on an annual basis with the doctor once a woman is sexually active.
Role of Diet and Yoga in Female Infertility
Yoga helps to boost the functioning of reproductive system, stress free body and balances the hormones. There are certain asanas and postures in Yoga that specifically target the pelvic area and reproductive organs. The asanas assist in increasing blood circulation and also stimulate energy in these areas. People often report that they feel better, stronger and confident about themselves after going yoga practices.
Fertility Yoga is a kind of yoga that assist females who are facing problems in getting pregnant. It improves female fertility through:
- Minimizing stress
- Balancing the hormones of the body along with mental health.
- Yoga as well as meditation help women who are experiencing challenges related to infertility.
Meditation and relaxation can help women in:
- Enhancing clarity of the mind
- Maintain healthy body chemistry
- Makes them patient to undergo the rigors of infertility treatment
Diet can have a big say in affecting female’s fertility. They include:
- Having more of slow carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and avoid taking cookies, cakes and white bread.
- Completely avoid all kinds of trans fat and focus on having healthy unsaturated fats.
- Take more protein from items like beans, nuts, seeds, which contain healthy fats rather than consuming red meat.
- Consume whole milk rather than low-fat dairy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is PCOD?
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOD) is a common reproductive endocrine disorder affecting in women. In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, the ovaries produce higher than normal amounts of androgens, and this can interfere with egg development and its release. Some of the eggs develop into cysts, which are little sacs filled with liquid. Instead of egg being released during ovulation in normal menstrual cycle, the cysts build up in the ovaries and may become enlarged. Because females with PCOD are not ovulating or releasing an egg each month, it's common for them to have irregular or missed periods. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a common cause of infertility.
In some cases, hair growth on body and face increases. In long term causes diabetes and heart disease. This disease can be treated with Ayurvedic therapy and diet, and exercise also play a vital role in the treatment of PCOD.
Causes and Symptoms of PCOD
There no such causes of this disease but doctors have agreed on three things which are related to the cause of this disease. Main causes of PCOD are:
- Insulin resistance
In some cases, genes and family causes PCOD. Secondly, the insulin resistance as female suffering from insulin cannot use insulin. This resistance of insulin is caused by obesity. Last cause is linked with weight, females who are overweight are suffering from inflammation and this leads to increases in hormone imbalance. There are also several symptoms which females can recognize-
- Irregular periods occurring at odd time and occurring more often.
- Excessive bleeding which is more than normal period bleeding.
- Growth of hair on face and body.
- Acne is caused due to imbalance of hormones.
- PCOD also causes hormone imbalance.
- Weight gain.
- Headaches are also common.
- Dark skin and patches of dark skin occur in PCOD.
Various Investigations for PCOD
There are various method through which PCOD are investigated. Basically, it can be investigated by -
- Irregular periods
- Higher level of androgen
- Swelling in ovaries
Moreover, pelvic exam helps in looking into the problem in the ovaries. Similarly, blood test also helps in checking the hormone levels and help in recognizing the PCOD. Ultra sound examination helps in identifying the problems in the ovaries.
Ayruvedic treatment for PCOD –
In Ayruvedic therapy, the treatment extends for about 6 months to one year for PCOD depending on patient’s conditions. The Ayurvedic treatment helps in reducing the insulin resistance and reduce the hormone imbalance, it also ensures the fertility and reduces the body weight as well. The internal medicine of this therapy includes but not limited to the herbs like shatavari, lodhra, Ashoka, alovera, bhramhi, punarnava, cinnamon, haridra, karvellaka, guduchi, neem, trifala, usheera, ashwagandha, jambun, meshashringi, vriashamala, kirattikta etc. which reduces the ovary swelling and responsive for its functioning.
Diet and Yoga helps in improving PCOD-
Diet is essential for treatment of any disease. Similarly, in PCOD if female is diagnosed with PCOD, the first thing one should do is that changing in your diet pattern. The advisable diet for PCOD includes natural food like green leafy vegetable, berries, bitter guard, water melon, amla, broccoli, walnuts, almond, flax seeds, whole grain etc. and better to avoid processed food like bakery items, burger, pizza, junk food, cold drinks, milk, fast foods etc.
Similarly, yoga also helps in curing the PCOD. Certain yoga position and exercise helps in pelvic relaxation and release the stress of the body and reduces the symptoms of PCOD. Yoga improves oxygenation to the reproductive organs, relax mind and reduces mental stress which ultimately helps in correcting hormonal imbalance.
Various factors as discussed above helps in curing and controlling PCOD. Things like Ayurvedic medicine, diet, exercise, yoga play an important role in the treatment of PCOD, which ultimately helps in improving fertility rate naturally. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!