Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PremYour feedback matters!
Sir/Madam, There is a continuous numbness in my left hand and also sometimes I get pain in foot. And also I started loosing body weight what are the causes for this problem? Some say these are the symptoms of diabetes. Is that true?
What are the symptoms of hysteria and migraine? What is treatment of both? How I can prevent myself from attacks of migraine?
Medical measures: if you have frequent episodes, you will need 2 types of medicines- one to be taken daily for a period of at least 6 months as prophylaxis and 2nd to be taken during attacks of headache for quick relief of pain. These medication should be started only after consultation with a neurologist and ruling out other rare but serious causes of headache.
Lifestyle measures play an equal, if not greater role in management of migraine. They include:
1) regular intake of meals. Avoid fasting, eat breakfast, lumnch and dinner at fixed timings.
2) good 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep daily
3) avoiding foods that precipitate migraine like cheese, chocolate, excess coffee/tea and sour foods
In addition, you may have to temporarily avoid excessive travel and exposure to sunlight which can precipitate headache. Yoga/ meditation and relaxation techniques will help immensely.
I am 50 yrs old man, I observe that my hand/fingers is little bit shaking when writting and making signatures, since last 5 yrs. What shall I do.
I am asking for my Father. His age is 73 years History: Left side paralysis - June 2006. 10 Years back Regular medicine: Tab. Tozaar 25: 1-1 Tab. Atormac 10: 0-1 Tab. Antiplar plus: 0-1 Recently on 25th Oct 2016, he is diagnosed with 6th nerve palsy. His right eyeball can move upper, lower and left side but unable to turn on right side. Sometimes he is facing the problem of double vision. MRI reports shows normal. Doctor has prescribed below medicines Tab. Neutrogem 800: 1-1 Tab. Nueromin plus: 0-1 Tab. Elirab DSR: 0-1 Tab. Solubet: 1-0 Here I request you to 1) please check whether the treatment is going on right track? 2)Whether I need any investigation/ check up? 3) How many days required for recovery?
Although surgery is considered to be the first step of treatment in any form of tumor but its feasibility depends upon the type, size and location of the tumor. It is not necessary that every kind of brain tumor might require surgery.
Indications of Brain Tumor Surgery
- Diagnosis of the type of tumor by taking a sample of the tumor for laboratory examination
- Complete resection of tumor
- Removal of the tumor as much as possible to slow down its growth and improve the symptoms.
- Remove the tumor in order to help other treatment
- Provide direct access for other forms of treatment like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- To relieve pressure caused by tumor on surrounding structures
Types of Brain Tumor Surgery
The different types of surgery that are performed in cases of brain tumor include the following:
1. Craniotomy: Craniotomy is the most commonly performed procedure to remove brain tumor along with a piece of bone. The removed bone is replaced and the tumor is sent for histopathology (biopsy). The surgery is performed using a high end microscope by any of the following techniques:
- Extended bifrontal craniotomy
- "Eyebrow" craniotomy (supra-orbital craniotomy)
- "Keyhole" craniotomy (retro-sigmoid craniotomy)
- Orbitozygomatic craniotomy
- Translabyrinthine craniotomy
2. Shunt: A narrow piece of flexible tube with a pressure regulated valve in between is called a shunt. This is used to relieve the intracranial pressure caused by obstruction of the natural brain fluid (CSF) pathway by tumor mass. The procedure involves insertion of a drainage system into the brain to remove or drain excess of blocked fluid into the peritoneal cavity.
3. Stereotactic surgery: This surgery is done by creating a three-dimensional image called stereotaxy using computers. It aims to find out the location and position of the tumor. In fact it can also be done to aid tumor removal, implant radiation pellets or for other treatments.
4. Embolization: It is a procedure used to reduce the amount of blood supply to a tumor by blocking the blood flow in the selected arteries. It is generally performed before the main surgery.
Endoscopy and endoscope assisted surgery: Endoscope is the tool which helps to closely visualize the tissue through small openings in difficult to reach areas. This tool can be used in various brain surgeries to precisely reach the target location without damaging the adjacent structures.
Adjuvant modalities to improve outcome: In addition to above mentioned surgeries, following surgeries may also be performed in relation to brain tumor treatment:
- Laser surgery
- Photodynamic laser surgery
- Ultrasonic aspiration
- Fluorescent-guided surgery
- Electrophysiological monitoring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Hello doctor recently my sister attacked by GB SYNDROME she has been hospitalized they gave treatment for ten days now patient is suffering with burning sensation for two hands and two legs what is the reason.
Neuro linguistic programme (nlp) can bring about long lasting changes in behaviour. It is believed to recognise the connection between the neurological process (neuro) language (linguistic) and behavioural patterns learned through experience (programming) that can be changed to achieve specific goals in life.
I am 20 and I am suffering backache and high migraine problem. This problem has caused many problems to me. I had cured alot but it was not helpful. I jst want some good and healthy cure.
Hi Migraine headaches frequency once or twice a month - cause change of weather, delay in food intake, oily head bath, stress, lack of sleep no other complications.
Sir, my cousin's child having a mute and deaf problem by birth. When I saw the doctor at my native (Brahmapur, odissa) he says the left hear have a hearing sensitivity of 70dbm and right 90dbm. Sir, is it treatable to talk& hear like normal persons.
I have been diabetic since 1997. For the last year n a half I have numbness in my toes although my diabetic control is fair.
His body is shivering a lot even he raised his hand and he is a the to teller what is the reason of it.
Questionnaire for obstructive sleep apnea
1- do you snore loudly
2- tiredness or fatigue even after
Good night's sleep
3- has anyone observed you stop
Breathing / gasping during sleep
4- do you have blood pressure
5- are you older than 50 years
6-do you weigh more for your height
7- neck size more than 40 cm around
8- male gender
If your answer is yes to three or more of the above questions, then you may be at risk of obstructive sleep apnea.