Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Metal Braces Procedure
Pit And Fissure Sealant Procedure
Porcelain Inlays And Onlays Procedure
Dental Bridges Procedure
Mulligan Manipulation Procedure
Treatment of Head And Neck Infection
Laser Dentistry Treatment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Post And Core Dental Procedure
Dental Implant Fixing Procedure
Minimally Invasive Dentistry
Jaw Reshaping Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Conservative Dentistry Treatment
Smile Makeover Procedures
I am 26 year - male, and I am suffering from ulcers. Also I went through root canal treatment long ago, and now the filling of that tooth has come out, which make difficult to eat and creates sensitivity. Kindly let me know the remedy.
My teeth is paining very much. The blood is also coming out there is also a cavity in my mouth what should I do now to cure it?
I am suffering a lot because of very bad smell from my mouth because of an artificial teeth I have to plant because of some damage. Could you please help me.
I am 69 years old male. Smoker, having smoked on an average 6 cigarettes per day for 40 yrs. For last three yrs suffering of glossitis, soreness and mild ulcer of the tongue and mouth which comes and goes. I also have dry mouth syndrome. Kindly advise course of treatment.
I have brown scars on my front teeth. I am 20 yrs old. How can I know the amount required for smile designing treatment.
Hi Sir, I have bad mouth odour from the past six Years. Went to many doctors but there is no improvement. Morning it will be fine as the day progresses it increases and by the night it will be heavy. Due to this problem I am not able to go close to any of my friends. please suggest a good solution.
I am surfing from bad breath what can I do for it. because I'm feeling shy when I took in front of them I never go close with any 1 because mouth stick very badly.
I am 25 year old. I have a very bad problem of pyria. There is always blood in my mouth whenever I woke up. I tried many toothpaste and consulted fews doctors but the problem remains same. Please refer me some real prescription.
I am 23 year old girl. I am suffering from gum bleeding while brushing the teeth. Plzz consult me what can I do?
I had wisdom teeth and it is fully developed and I have pain next to wisdom teeth from 4 days can you please help me how to reduce the pain.
About a year back I got done full mouth rehabilitation, in two left molar teeth and crown was fixed on remaining teeth. However, in one tooth, there was some infection, and on that crown was fitted later. Since then I have been feeling discomfort I my mouth, as I feel some liquid substance is oozing out from some where, which covers my entire mouth especially teeth, gums and left side of tongue. I checked up with dentist, who cleaned my teeth and for some time there was relief. He also advised me to take A to Z vitamins, which I have been taking. I brush my teeth and tongue in morning and night. This problem aggravates more in the morning. My tongue become numb and I feel alkaline sensation in my mouth. Several visits to dentists failed to cure the problem. My valve replacement took place in 2002 and I take anti Acitrom 1/2 mg. I am 61 years male having diabaties for last 10 years. I am also a smoker. Doctor pl advise me.
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.