Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preeti Saraf
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti SarafYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old and face severe acidity problems at times. I am fine during the day but towards the evening I feel bloated. Is there anything I should do on a daily routine for this?
I have some pores on my both cheeks. They look like holes but not holes. When we look from far, they are not visible but when we come closer to my face, they are bigger. Is there any way to get rid off them?
Natural foods, dietary changes and life style modifications which helps in treatment of hypothyroidism:
In my last posting, I explained the role ashwagandha in the management of hypothyroidism.
Here I will explain natural foods which are necessary for better thyroid hormone production, function and overall thyroid health.
We have to choose foods that gives nutritional support for thyroid.
1) the production of thyroid hormones requires amino acid
Tyrosine, iodine and omega 3 fats
A) tyrosine; the best dietary sources of tyrosine includes;
Spirulina: itâs a sea wead, eggs, fish and lean meat.
B) iodine: best source is iodised salts.
Potatoes; richest vegetables source
Cheese, yogurt, eggs and sea vegetables.
C) omega -3 fats ; foods such as fish flax seeds, walnuts are good sources.
2) Conversion of t4 to the active t3 requires selenium.
Brazil nuts are the best source of selenium. Other good sources are garlic, mushrooms, broccoli sunflower seeds and sea foods like tuna fish.
3) Binding of t3 to cell receptor and for its function require
A) vitamins a b) vitamin d, c) zinc.
Pumpkin seeds, dark chocolates and garlic are good sources of zinc.
Natural supplements will help in better thyroid function. Try to eat them in natural form.
My suggestion is these foods should be used along with thyroxine replacement pills.
Note: in pregnancy, hypothyroidism must be treated immediately with thyroxine replacement pills and should not try only natural remedies.
Foods to avoid in hypothyroidism
Processed foods, sugar, food additives and gluten.
These foods increases inflammation, insulin resistance and worsen autoimmune conditions like autoimmune thyroiditis which is becoming more common now a days.
Goiterogens: vegetables, such as cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach etc.
As these vegetables have many benefits.
We can not take them out completely from diet.
Steam, or cook these vegetables to reduce the goitrogenic compounds and eat them in moderation.
Life style changes to improve thyroid health.
1) Exercise â stimulates thyroid secretion.
Weight training and aerobic exercises also helps in faster weight reduction which is a common symptom of hypothyroidism.
2) Manage stress: studies have shown that stress can ignite autoimmune reactions (autoimmune thyroiditis can be worsened) and worsen inflammation.
Meditation and yoga helps in managing stress. Yoga also helps in increasing blood flow to thyroid.
3) Acupuncture ; helps in faster response to treatment.
4) No smoking â toxic chemicals in cigarettes such as mercury and cadmium significantly affect thyroid function. So quit smoking.
Hi m 29, year old, n married, have 2 daughters My last month period was on 6 jan, n mostly I have periods 2-3, days early, but this month still I did’nt get my period, I have taken nurokind forte 3 injections, n on tablet CCM, n becadexamine Can these medications affect my menstrual cycle? Also I had swelling in armpit so my gums gave me augmentin 625, which I took 10 tablets Please do reply as m really worried.
Baby teeth may not last forever, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t extremely important. In fact, they are just as important to babies and kids as your adult teeth are to you! Here are five things every parent definitely needs to know about baby teeth.
1. They save a spot for adult teeth: Baby teeth are placeholders for adult teeth, and help them to grow in straight. When baby teeth come out too early—due to decay or an accident—other teeth nearby might drift into the empty space, blocking the incoming adult tooth. This can lead to crowding and the need for braces later on. If a baby tooth is badly decayed, it may have to be pulled. In this case, the dentist might recommend that something called a space maintainer be put in where the tooth used to be.
2. They help children chew food and speak clearly: If kids are missing several baby teeth, they may not be able to fully chew their food. This can cause tummy aches and prevent children from getting all the nutrients they need for their growing bodies. Baby teeth are also very important when it comes to children learning to speak clearly. Losing certain teeth too early can make it difficult to correctly say some words and might cause long term problems down the road.
3. Cavities grow faster in baby teeth: Baby teeth are different from adult teeth in that the outer layer of the teeth (the enamel) is much thinner, and the layer just under that (dentin) is much softer. Because of this, cavities can eat through baby teeth surprisingly quickly. With regular dental checkups, little cavities can get filled before they grow into a gaping hole.
4. Cavities hurt at any age: For children with untreated cavities, there is a good chance their little mouths are in pain. This can make it hard to focus in school and may lead to them feeling upset or grumpy much of the time. Living with the nagging pain of a toothache is no fun at all, so get those tiny teeth looked at asap!
5. Healthy baby teeth give kids confidence: There is so much to smile about when you’re a kid. But when a child is living with badly decayed teeth, the last thing they want to do is smile. Having to face the world with damaged, discolored, or cavity-filled teeth can make it difficult to be social and make friends. A healthy smile makes it easier to be a happy child.
Healthy baby teeth lead to healthy adult teeth, but they also do so much more. You can do your part by making sure your children brush after meals, floss daily, and see the dentist twice a year. And if you spot a cavity, get to the dentist right away! Every kid deserves to have a healthy, happy smile.