Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi SwaroopYour feedback matters!
How to remain fit and fine while we are studying regularly and have no time to do exercise please can you give me advice to remain fit.
Hi Doctor, from the past many weeks I am finding myself very irritated. My patience level have gone to zero. I am often hungry and can't enjoy a sound sleep as 100s of thoughts keep circling in the mind. I am finding myself guilty in many situations because I argue on small things shout at others because of silly reasons and I could not control my anger. I have read it on multiple sites that I should try yoga and some exercise and I have started going on morning walk as soon as I return from the office along with my wife as I found myself uncomfortable with yoga and it's been two weeks but I am yet to see positive symptoms.
Hi doctor, I feel so much weakness now a days, like sitting or standing for long times results into body pain and discharge of white water, please help me in this. Thank you.
My nature is very angry every time I am in angry and sometimes I got suddenly angrily I can't control my anger what should I do? I never take medicine for that problem.
My engagement is broken because of a fight me and my g. F so I am very depressed because of this situation and my parents told she is not a type for you and girl also told that ki mujhe nahi karne ye shadi but my thinking ki uske ghar per se pressure tha to usne mna kiya hoga I want to meet him but my parents told no. So please give me a better suggestions what I do.
I have a very bad habit of smoking. So can you tell me how can I able to left this bad habit of smoking?
Now I am about 19 years old but I have no beard, so it is my hormone problems. And I forget something, memory loss. What shall I do?
Can anybody suggest me what to do with my daughter, as my wife deceased at the time of delivery by giving birth to my daughter, at present my daughter (1 year) staying at my in-laws place ,should I leave her there or get back to my home, our's is a joint family.
Actually my brother started smoking how to quit smoking n he wanted to consult a doctor for that reason so that he might recommend some tablets.
Stress has become an integral and inevitable part of life. From personal life to professional commitments, the trigger can be anything. While there can be many common and harmful effects of stress, one that deserves a special mention is a headache. Almost 90% of the people worldwide get a Tension Headache (a term often used for a headache associated with stress).
In case, when headache is due to tension, the head feels tight and heavy. Further, a person may experience pressure mainly around the forehand and also at the back side of the head, moving down to the neck. However, it is important that one does not confuse a tension headache with a migraine. The two are as different as chalk and cheese. A tension headache can be chronic or episodic. A person with a chronic tension headache may suffer from the condition frequently. On the other hand, if a person gets a tension headache for less than 15 days a month, the headache is said to be episodic. The condition is more severe and painful in a chronic tension headache.
What causes a tension headache?
While stress (physical, mental and emotional) is the major contributing factor, the following triggers may also play a pivotal role in a tension headache.
- Severe anxiety and depression.
- Lack of a proper rest and sound sleep.
- Extreme fatigue (physical or mental) or hunger can also result in a tension headache.
- A person with iron deficiency may also suffer from a tension headache.
Managing a stress related headache
Managing and eliminating stress can go a long way to prevent a tension headache. The following activities are sure to make the situation better
- Sleep well to keep stress at bay: Sleep can work wonders to reduce stress and the associated headache. Maintain a healthy sleep cycle. Work is important, but compromising on your sleep is foolish. It is important that you sleep for not less than 6-8 hours daily.
- A healthy diet for a stress-free life: A healthy diet can play a significant role to reduce stress, thereby enhancing your moods. Enrich your diet with dark green leafy vegetables, dark chocolates, nuts, probiotics, berries (especially blueberries), seeds (sesame, pumpkin, and sunflower), foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Foods rich in vitamins, magnesium, and potassium are known to be great mood enhancers. Try and avoid processed foods as well as foods rich in fats and complex carbohydrates as much as you can.
- Meditation can help: People under stress can benefit immensely from meditations, exercise, and physical activities. Exercise is known to trigger the release of endorphins or feel good hormones. Endorphins can lift up your mood and spirits to a great extent.
- Family time: Spending time with your family and loved ones can also help to reduce stress.
Stress and headache can both be managed and taken care of if you follow a healthy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.