Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preethi Swaroop
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi SwaroopYour feedback matters!
With kids entering the marriage scene, most couples end up in a routine that primarily revolves around the kids. The intimacy levels nosedive with no time, energy, or the privacy left for private moments. While some people just resign to it as normal course of marriage, others can get frustrated and even look for ways to please themselves outside marriage. The good news is that one need not lose hope. While taking care of children definitely comes as a responsibility, it need not take away all your pleasures of a married life. There can still be a good sexual relationship; all it requires is a little bit of planning and conscious attempts from both partners.
- Planned dates: Leave your baby with either a good friend of a family member (grandparents, uncles or aunts) and take some time out at least once a month. This gives you time away from the never-ending responsibility of kids. While you are assured that the child is safe with the short-term babysitter, you get complete private space and time to be with your partner. The wonders this can do are to be seen to be believed.
- Separate child’s bedroom: This not only gives you the required privacy, it also helps by instilling some good manners in the child. Early on in life, it knows that it has its own space and the parents, theirs. While there can be occasional days when the child can doze off to sleep with the parents, it has to spend the night in its own bed. With privacy being one of the main reasons for lack of parents, this will take care of it.
- Winding up early for the day: While the list of things to do never seems to end, you need to put a stop to it to say, that is all you can manage for the day. Going to bed tired and drained for the day is definitely not going to help your sex life. It is absolutely fine to leave a couple of things to do for tomorrow, so you can go to bed with some energy left for romance.
- Small talk, but not about the small ones: While kids do engulf your life, make a conscious attempt to talk about something else. It could be a movie or a book or something that happened in office or home, but not about the kids. This can pep you both up unbelievably and do wonders for rekindling the love in your life.
While kids definitely are the center of your lives, take some time out for yourselves. It works wonders for the relationship, making the other person feel important and loved, and of course, it is mutual.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pain management is an issue that stares back at mankind, irrespective of the underlying health condition. Whether it is a headache or a back pain, burn or fracture, heart attack or cancer, pain is always a symptom. In some cases like migraines, cancer, etc., the pain is chronic and the patient needs to be constantly on the vigil to know when an attack will ensue. This has also put high pressure on the medical fraternity to identify ways that can provide relief to these people. Various methods have been identified, and one of them is the electrotherapy.
What is done?
A few electrical impulses are directed at the area of the pain using a hand-held device. This is similar to providing electric shocks of mild intensity to the affected area (forehead, low back, neck, etc.). What this does is stimulate the nerve endings, improves circulation and muscle strength and promotes bone growth and tissue repair. The end result of all this is overall improved functioning and pain relief. Depending on the actual condition, the sessions will have to be repeated. In some patients, the electrotherapy is used in conjunction with other therapy so that they can go about their routine exercise and pain relief.
The sessions may also have to be repeated as most often these are used in individuals with chronic pain. They are also helpful in providing relief during the acute attacks.
How does it work?
The most common form of electrotherapy is known as TENS, which stands for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation. The area to be treated is cleansed with spirit and then small sticky pads are applied through which the electricity is passed. A hand-held device is used, through which electrical impulses are passed to the skin, which stimulates the nerve cells to provide relief from pain. It causes a vibrating and tingling sensation in the treated area. It is believed that it blocks the nerve impulses and therefore provides pain relief. Another theory states that they promote the release of endorphins which are natural painkillers; it is also very effective in case of migraine and sciatica and neck pain where the chronic pain is coupled with acute spurts.
With narcotic painkillers having various side effects, techniques like electrotherapy are gaining popularity. A small catch also is that it does not work for everybody and in most people with back pain, fibromyalgia, and migraines, requires repeat sessions for relief. The cost of each session also needs to be considered against the extent of relief achieved. However, for those whom it works, it is a very good technique for chronic pain control. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I am aged 76 yrs, depressed and not getting sleep in time later in the night up to 4 am and always thinking about past events and relatives died long time back.
Hi. I am 40 years old married female. I have two sons. After my second preganancy I gained weight not on whole body only on my lower tummy. Will you suggest me how to reduce my lower tummy please. Thnks.
my thinking power has gone. & just wanna shut down everything and don't wanna face anything & anybody.going in loss & not able to pay loans.what should I do in this situation.
Eating healthy is very helpful for your mental and also your physical well-being. The mind requires nutrients just like your heart, muscles and lungs do. These can be derived from the following ingredients.
- Berries: Berries, particularly dark ones, such as cherries, blackberries and blueberries, are a great source of anthocyanins and different flavonoids that can boost your memory. Try to consume these in small portions at least twice a day. You can enjoy a handful in the form of snacks, add them in your cereal or bake them into a dessert like muffins or pancakes. Fresh, frozen or dried berries and cherries can reap you a lot of benefits other than memory boost as well.
- Avocados: Avocados are green powerhouse and are stuffed with mono-saturated fats containing both vitamin K and folate. Avocados prevent blood clots in the brain, protect you against strokes and enhance the cognitive capacity of the brain, both in terms of memory as well as concentration.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains large amounts of vitamin K and choline. It tends to help keep your memory sharp. It is also filled with vitamin C where just one glass provides you with 150% of your recommended every day consumption.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil fills in as a naturally calming, anti-inflammatory agent. It stiffens the cells in charge of inflammation and aggravation. It can help with memory loss as you age and will kill awful microscopic organisms that are present in your gut.
- Salmon: Salmon is a well-known ingredient amongst the most nutritious and healthy food items recommended for the brain. It is highly rich in Omega-3 unsaturated fats and keeps the brain running, gets rid of brain fog and improves memory.
- Pumpkin seeds: Highly rich in zinc than most seeds, pumpkin seeds supply this highly valuable mineral which is very important for improving memory and thinking abilities. These little seeds are also loaded with stress-busting magnesium, B vitamins and tryptophan that is a precursor to the good mood substance called serotonin.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are very well known for a positive impact on the heart's health. Walnuts may likewise enhance the working memory and boost it further. One can take them as a snack at any point in the day, be it to fulfill late morning hunger or add them to cereal or serving of mixed vegetables for crunch. You can also blend them into a vegetable panfry for additional protein.
Different kinds of food products have different effects on the body as well as the brain. To have a healthy body, one definitely needs to have a sound and healthy mind. Eating junk food blocks certain functions of the brain over the years whereas, a healthy diet may help in keeping you physically, mentally and psychologically healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Depression, Insomnia & hyper anxiety. I have sever panic attacks till mid afternoon & be normal later through the evening. I experience high anxiety the moment I get up.
actually I have take a alcohol and cigrate socially not a daily habit but some time both a continue for some time. Eating habit is simple no any non veg and other things.
In free time we alone what I have to do some thing wrong will happen, thing will come to my mind. Please advise
When you act as the caregiver for a loved one, you may not find it to be a chore. But do you know it can have a severe impact on the most resilient person in the long run? This is known as caregiver stress, as caregiving is often offered by people who are non-professionals, mostly by family members. They tend to ignore their health and well-being while caring for the patient. And, this situation places the caregiver at a risk of both mental and physical health issues. The syndrome usually comes into the picture at a very late stage and by then most of the damage has already been done. In order to detect the problem at an early stage, it is important to know the exact symptoms of Caregiver's Stress.
What are the signs of caregiver stress?
When you are a caregiver, you are always focused on the loved one without realizing that this will create issues in your health and wellbeing. You should watch out for the signs and symptoms of caregiver stress which may include:
- Feeling constantly worried or overwhelmed.
- Feeling physically exhausted most of the time.
- Sleeping issues.
- Gaining or losing weight inexplicably.
- Becoming irritated or angry at trivial matters.
- Having body pain and headaches.
- Abusing prescription drugs or alcohol.
When you are subjected to a lot of stress for a substantial stretch of time, it will cause harm to your health. You will become more susceptible to anxiety and depression, and you will not get enough sleep and physical activity. These, in turn, would increase your chances of developing health disorders such as diabetes and heart ailments.
How to deal with caregiver stress?
The emotional and physical demands involved in the act of caregiving can be physically debilitating. This is the reason why you should take advantage of the resources available to provide care for the loved ones. It is crucial to understand that when you are not taking care of yourself, you will not be competent enough to care for anyone else. Here are some of the best ways to manage caregiver stress:
- Seek help: You should be prepared to accept how others can aid you, and you should also allow the other person to do what he or she prefers to do for you. Pay attention to what you can offer: It is normal to feel guilty at times, but you should understand that nobody can ever be a perfect caregiver. You should focus on giving your best and making the best decisions for your loved one.
- Set your goals right: You should be aware of your ability and then prioritize your activities. You should be prepared to decline requests that can be emotionally or physically draining yourself. You may also join a support group that would offer encouragement for you.
The first step to solving any problem is acknowledging that there is an issue. Take care of yourself well, so that you can care for your loved one efficiently.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!