Lybrate.com has top trusted Toxicologists from across India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Kumar Saxena
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen Kumar SaxenaYour feedback matters!
I am 22 Year Old Male. Normal Physique. I am suffering from cold from a very long time. No fever nor any other high infectious disease. Currently I am taking COLDACT - 1 Capsule a day whenever it gets little bit more. And having 10ml of benadryl CR Syrup 3 times a day. Please guide me on what would be suitable for getting rid of cold.
My anxiety level has become high I will have heart palpitation headache neck pain right side chest paining cold sweet I feel like I am fainting but I will not fant some time it disturb me lot in the sleep I am unable to concentrate on work as well how can we prevent this visited doctor all the report were positive they did ecg ultrasound adobem lipid profile, lft, kft, thyroid blood test, urine test, chest xray please advise me how can I prevent this.
We all love to eat out. Good food and good company, these are incomparable joys of life. But what about healthy eating? are you supposed to forget all about it, when you're dining out? absolutely not. We tell you how you can eat healthy when eating out. Use these tips to make smart choices, and you can enjoy the occasional splurge, without worrying about the calories.
1. Do not go out on an empty stomach
Have a light, but filling snack before you head out for dinner. An empty stomach may lead to over-eating or bad choices. Have a fruit, maybe an apple, or a low-calorie yoghurt, to keep the hunger pangs at bay.
2. Be informed
Check the menu of the restaurant beforehand. You'll be able to make healthier choices, and have a better idea of what you wish to eat.
Once there, do not hesitate to ask the server or the chef, about the nutritional information of the dish you want to order. Ask them about the method of cooking if you're unsure. Also, a lot of restaurants these days can customize dishes according to the customer's preference. For example, if your dish comes with a side of chips or fries, get it replaced with veggies.
3. Order right
For non-vegetarians, we recommend grilled or kebab meats. Always opt for lean meats. Tandoori items are your best bet, as they are relatively healthier, when compared to fried items or gravy based dishes. For vegetarians, grilled, baked and roasted dishes are recommended.
4. Go for an a la carte meal
Tempting as they might be, avoid buffets. Surveys have shown that buffets encourage over eating. That second or third helping of a dish may seem tempting, but it is never good for your waist line!
5. Drink lots of water
Drink water with your meal. It will keep you full, and is a much better alternative to sugar filled cold drinks. Also, water helps break down the food, so that your body can absorb the nutrients. But occasionally, we don't say no to a glass of wine, along with your meal.
6. Guilt free dessert
There's good news for all those who have a sweet tooth. You can eat the dessert! all you need to know is how to go about it. Dessert does have a lot of calories, but you can skip the main course and just opt for the dessert instead. That way, you will just be consuming the calories from the sweet treat, instead of the main course. So go ahead, have a slice of that delicious red velvet cake for dinner!
7.Diet friendly alcohol
For people who can't have social outings without alcohol, you should make intelligent choices when it comes to booze as these are sheer empty calories. While champagne is the best choice as it has the least no. Of calories, scotch has 105 kcal, vodka has 96 kcal and beer will definitely give you a beer belly. Red wine is good for the heart but has good 125 kcal per serving. Try diluting the drinks with more of sodas or water unlike juices or aerated drinks, as they further add on to the calories.
I generally have sore throat and running nose. I have used natural remedies for a long time, but the cold and cough keeps on recurring. please advice.
How do I get rid of eating large amounts at each meal note that most healthy eaters, but large proportions.
Health benefits of ginger
1) digestive issues
2) ginger can treat many forms of nausea, especially morning sickness
3) pain reduction
4) the anti-inflammatory effects can help with osteoarthritis
5) ginger powder may significantly reduce menstrual pain
6) ginger may lower cholesterol levels
7) ginger may lower blood sugars and reduce the risk of heart disease.
I want to know what diet should I follow for a normal muscle building. Also what should I eat before and after workout.
Can we eat different types of. Legumes vegetables regularly, is there. Any harm to our intestines or we should not eat it on daily basis.
Hey sir I am 18 year old and my question is I was going to. Gym or in the exercise I can eat gainer or no.
Hello doctor, I am 50 years old women from India. It would be helpful if you kindly suggest a diet chart for me to keep myself healthy. And also suggest some exercises that I am supposed to do regularly. Thanking you.
Benefits of almond eating and how much quantity each day and how to eat, either raw or soaked? pleasae help me.
I have swelling below my neck on right side only and I am suffering from cold also. It has been 2 days. Kindly tell me what it is.
I have regular cold and I am very sensitive to cold please advice me a remedy to eliminate the cold?
Doctor I was suffering from cold so doctor prescribed me clavam 625 but from first dose I am suffering from abdominal pain and it continues for 3 weeks I took medicine but not satisfied now wat to do and it si symptoms of what? Pls give me some advice.
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
- Potato chips: Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
- Sticky food: Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
- Wine: According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
- Coffee and black tea: Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
- Carbonated drinks: Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
- Sports drinks: Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.