Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen AnkathiYour feedback matters!
I live in sultanpur. From last two year I am in pain by migraine .what medicine to take for migraine.
I am 65 years old, I have disease parkinson I have also undergone by trodat test which is found that dopamine chemical came from head/mind is not properly produced sandoma plus tablet per day 4 8 am, 13 pm, 17 pm, 22pm per day Also using ayurved zandu's zandopa powder On late time by one hour it feel uneasiness medicine sandopa+ is only one medicine Is it painkiller? Please advise for life time recovery I also walking, cycling, seeming and yoga pl also advise for reproduction of dopamine thanks sir
What is meant by mild changes of cerebral atrophy in MRI Brain scan .My dad age is 56 yr.PLease tell.
Mujhe saans ki problm hai khaskar upstairs jane ke baad ya after walking. Aisa lagta jaise nose me kuch fassa hua balgam type and raat ko kharrate bhi kafi leti hun. Dakaar bhi kabhi nhi aata. Migraine ki kafi problm rehti. Week me 3 times attack aata migraine ka. Kabhi kabhi chest me bhi jalan rehti and fingers and arms me shivering and sleeping time ya bed pe lete time legs apne aap move krti ya baar bar move krni padti. Shivering bhi hoti. please help me.
One of the most debilitating conditions that anyone can experience is migraine. They can severely limit you by affecting your personal and professional life as you are in constant pain. Migraine can manifest in a type of headache with intense pain, an acute sensitivity to light, vomiting and nausea. Often described as a severe throbbing pain in the head, it may stop you from completing regular daily tasks and may delay or postpone your work.
How can migraines be treated?
The exact cause for these debilitating migraine pain hasn't been pointed out yet, but certain triggers such as stress, hormonal changes in the menstrual cycle, sun exposure, bright or flashing lights, among many others have been identified. The first line of defense for you would be to understand and identify what your triggers are. Once that is done, you can try and avoid them. If these still trigger a migraine or are about to trigger one, you can immediately take medications or steps to control it or at least lessen the pain to go through your day. Some of the options you can employ to this effect are mentioned below.
- Medications to prevent a migraine attack: The medications mentioned here are specialized treatments and can only be taken after a consultation with a doctor. If you are deemed as a candidate for preventative medication for migraines, then either one or a combination of drugs from the following may be prescribed to you.
- Valproate and Topiramate are anti-seizure medications which can be used to prevent migraines.
- Propranolol, a type of beta blocker and used for cardio vascular problems, has proven to be very effective in preventing migraines.
- Onabotulinumtoxin A or a type of Botox, has shown a lot of promise in preventing migraines and is being slowly rolled out as a proper drug as a treatment option.
- Certain antidepressants have also shown to be quite effective in reducing the symptoms of migraines as well.
- Medications to relieve pain: Some of the go to medications that help relieve your pain from migraine are mentioned below. Although some of them are OTC (over the counter) drugs, it is best advised that you consult with your doctor for medications which suit you better. The side effects of these medications can be bad and thus, it is not advised to continue them in the long run and to find other means to control pain from migraines. Some of the medications to relieve pain temporarily are:
- Triptan is a drug used to treat severe migraines
- Caffeine along with Ergotamine can also help dull the pain and deal with it.
- Ibuprofen and aspirin and Acetaminophen are common pain killers that you can use
- Codeine, which contains opioids are also used to treat this problem.
- Metoclopramide and chlorpromazine are two examples of anti-nausea medications as vomiting along with nausea may frequently accompany your migraine.
Always remember that these medications can have strong side effects if not taken properly, therefore do not just pop a pill, consult your physician first and know which one should you take and how frequently.
I am feeling uneasy in my left hand finger. I am not getting pain but its like its getting numb. Finger is working but still feel like numb on it.
I'm 21 years old male. I'm suffering from nerve pain in my leg, hand, head. What is the cause? What should I do?
When I hold something with my left hand it starts shaking slowly. But the right hand is ok. What is the problem?
I am 40 years of male. Last 2010 I have suffered from Epilepsy. I am taking Levipil 500 2nos and Gardenal 60 1. Is there any other way to getting relax from this disease. Thanks.
- Occurs suddenly
- There is neurological problem or paralysis (lakwa)
- It may be temporarily or permanent
- May lead to sudden dearth
1. Sudden trouble in walking, co-ordination, balance
2. Sudden dizziness
3. Sudden sever headache
4. Sudden numbness or weakness of face / arm/ leg- specially on one side
5. Sudden confusion/ problem in understanding
6. Sudden speech problem
7. Sudden problem in vision (seeing) in one or both eyes
- Blockage of an blood vessel in the brain by a clot
- Rupture of blood vessel in the brain.
- Time is crucial- to reverse or reduce the damage to brain cells . brain cells die within minutes to few hours and do not regenerate - thus lead to permanent loss of function.
- A clot bursting drug is required to be given within 3-6 hrs.
- Blood thinning medicine are to be continued for a long time
- Progress in the disease is continuous process and continues for years
By controlling risk factors like
Recognize the symptoms of stroke and act immediately – to take the patent to hospital.